GDT: 11/2/17 - 7:30PM EDT - New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Not sure why everyone is hyping up Vasilevskiy. His signature is playing just good enough to get props while losing. That's his trademark.

He's a choker.
Dislike.

Dude just won ten in a row. Are you alright?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
The rangers were also the more desperate team tonight having started the season so poorly and AV being speculating to be on the brink of being fired. Oh well, I'll take the point and hope that the team learned something yet again.
ya i didnt like the first period we were really flat sergachev made 3-4 bad passes dotchin made one girardi a couple we just got to clean it up. I will say this I LOVE this team when they play every other day. They take an extra day off and you kinda cringe wondering what your gonna see haha....

Thank you for welcome back and lightning strikes and days 04 is really good to see you all probably be on more. Pain in legs is getting better not good enough to spend hours online yet but subsiding this started approximately 3 to 4 weeks ago and usually when I crash heart wise is a 2 week to 2 month thing...

promising to have better or less pain in legs already:)

oh kucherov is still on pace for 100 people Yep I said that is my prediction this year.

Next prediction? I really see tavares coming here hahaha beware it might happen

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Not sure why everyone is hyping up Vasilevskiy. His signature is playing just good enough to get props while losing. That's his trademark.

He's a choker.

He did more than his share tonight though. He got us the point.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Well hopefully this game sticks with them for a while and pisses them off. Hopefully we destroy whoever we play next.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Teams have figured Kucherov/Stamkos out. Hedman looks like he's got a head injury or something, he's lost out there. It's gonna get ugly.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Isn't one Hose more than enough ?

Frustrating loss ugh. Can't really think of anything else to say except that I'm really annoyed that we lost that one.

RaykwonDaChef

May 17, 2016
Its a game we should of lost and turned it into a point - thats what good teams do. It sucks, for sure but realistically not that bad.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Expecting a big game from Kuch Saturday night, given the stinker he just had. I think he'll tear into CBJ.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Stop feeding the troll.

Hedman had a pretty damn good game. He was all over the ice. Stamkos was meh. Kucherov might have had the worst game of his career. Sergachev started strong and then started to get a bit too overconfident. He needs to reign that in a bit.

I think this team is going to start coming back to earth a bit now. Our process wasn't as good as our results so far this season. Hard to lose too many games when you have two guys going at 2ppg pace. Eventually that slows down and we see where we're really at.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Kuch had a bad night, but relative to the other big names I can't really justify singling him out. Stammer and Heddy were equally underwhelming, and Point had some rough shifts over the course of the night, too. The officials played a legitimate role in the loss as well, although I'd argue that a championship-calibre team goes ballistic and takes the game over out of anger in the aftermath of those calls. We'll see.

Anyone else think Vigneault outcoached Coop? This one felt a lot like Anaheim in that the Rags were ready for everything we did, but maybe even worse in that we were a step behind and tripping all over each other trying to keep up with them. Forecheck was a one-sided affair tonight as well. What a dud, despite the point.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hey all,

I thought that was a really well played game between our two teams. I'm kind of hoping for a tank, so you guys didn't exactly help us out, but that was probably the best game we've played all season, so you only got beat by our best game this season. Obviously nice to see Girardi, Callahan and Stralman doing well with your team.

As to the non-former Rangers, Vasya is such a monster, I thought he was excellent in this game, one of my favorite players in the NHL to watch. We have a studio analyst on MSG, the team's television network who was a former NHL goalie, and now he's an analyst, he's very in tune with stats for goalies, and he was saying that Vasilevskiy stops the highest percentage of shots in the league where the puck is moved from the R-L side of the ice in the offensive zone or L-R for a one timer, which speaks to his ridiculous agility. Just crazy that he's statistically the best goalie in the league with stopping shots that measure agility, yet he's 6'3. And this guy, who's really a very good analyst, Steve Valiquette, was just raving about Vasilevskiy the whole night in a way he rarely raves about goalies, his praise of players is noteworthy. Really impressive squad you guys got, and I think your goalie is on the way to superstardom in the next year or two, although its been that way for like five years, so I'm sure you guys already know that. You should probably bump some of those Murray vs. Gibson vs. Vasilevskiy threads in the poll section, see what Penguin fans are saying right about now. :laugh:

Reactions: Bodi Finds the Fire

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Dotchin had a back of a game.

If he was playing for the Rangers. Shades of Sustr the way he played tonight.

Vasy is the only reason it wasn't 10-1. We have taken a foot off the gas since the Carolina game it seems as far as a healthy effort is concerned. We looked inferior to a struggling Rangers team.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Dotchin had a back of a game.

If he was playing for the Rangers. Shades of Sustr the way he played tonight.
The same could be said of our whole defense in general. Dotchin and Sergachev both had their worst games of the season and Girardi also made at least one breakout pass right to a Ranger stick.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
It was a good game actually. Some guys here need to relax. The team sits on top of the league. 4 points ahead of 2nd team in the eastern conference. So it should not be surprise that Bolts effort was something between 50% and 75%. And if Tampa will lead the NHL in points for a long time you better have to prepare for a lot of games like this. Plus everyone will start playing their best game against us, taking Tampa for a measuring stick.

Last edited:

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Lol, I think the only thing any of us agree on is that the team looked worse than normal. And that the officiating was poor.

I also think Coop got out coached, or at the very least, their staff did a much better job than ours. They were preying on our tendencies all night long. It was embarrassing, honestly.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Lol, I think the only thing any of us agree on is that the team looked worse than normal. And that the officiating was poor.

I also think Coop got out coached, or at the very least, their staff did a much better job than ours. They were preying on our tendencies all night long. It was embarrassing, honestly.
I didn't really see much of that. I saw a lot of unforced errors by the D - stretch passes that didn't need to be made, possession given up without getting a good shot off, etc.

We were entering the Rags zone just fine. Rangers were clogging the Dzone to prevent cross ice passes, but other than that there was nothing special about how they played and we had our chances. This is the type of game we needed a greasy goal (and arguably got one that was waved off), but it didn't happen. Of course, that is largely because the guys we pay millions to get greasy goals suck, but that's neither here nor there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad