GDT: 11/19/16 - Avs @ Wild - 7 PM CT / 3 AM Suomi - FS-N+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Overreacting much? With one win, we're 3rd in west with games in hand. Rebuild won't come before Suter and Parise are done. We're doing fine, these bad games are something to expect as we are still settling down with the new coach and getting rid of old bad habits.

I understand your frustration guys but rebuild is a horrible, horrible thing to do. I understand and respect your opínions as we all want the same thing, and that is for Wild to win the cup.

Rebuilds are not a guaranteed success either.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Overreacting much? With one win, we're 3rd in west with games in hand. Rebuild won't come before Suter and Parise are done. We're doing fine, these bad games are something to expect as we are still settling down with the new coach and getting rid of old bad habits.

I understand your frustration guys but rebuild is a horrible, horrible thing to do. I understand and respect your opínions as we all want the same thing, and that is for Wild to win the cup.

After the 1-0 loss to Calgary everyone told me to come off the ledge because I said "something is wrong".

Now the same people are on the ledge after this loss. It's nothing new. HFWild gonna HFWild.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ouch.

No Duchene. No Landeskog. No excuses.

Horrendous loss.

Same s***, different year. Change the coaches all you want, players won't unsuck. Pominville is so washed, same for koivu outside of a faceoff circle. Unacceptable loss. Fire fletcher, proper rebuild please.

After the 1-0 loss to Calgary everyone told me to come off the ledge because I said "something is wrong".

Now the same people are on the ledge after this loss. It's nothing new. HFWild gonna HFWild.

A loss to BUF playing without Eichel and Kane.

Two losses to CO, one without Duchene and Landeskog.

Losing to CAL

Losing to NYI, and then NJ.

Season not even 1/4 done yet.

All this while Doobs has been the best goalie in the league, and our defense has looked good, and Staal is playing much better than anyone thought he would.

I Was told we're too negative on this board. Sorry, we're being realistic. Pominville is a third liner at this point, and not a very good one. Koivu, after a great year last year, is now a mediocre 2C, who is bringing good D, savvy, but next to no offense. Parise can't play in games...getting him back and playing well would be huge for us, but what is he now?

Even without one of our top 4 D our defense has looked fine. We are fine back there, and with our youth, seem to be set for the future. It could be argued that we have too much depth, as we have some good players who aren't getting a chance to play as often as they should.

Our forwards are a different story. Reasonably good defensively, and that's not to be sneezed at, but they don't score goals or look dangerous besides the NSC line( which I love... Talk about possession monsters). Granlund looks good this year, or at least better than Koivu, which is the first time I've ever said this. Love Haula, but he isn't providing much offense, though he is playing with a bunch of chumps. Zucker started off hot, but has reverted to a streaky bottom sixer with questionable hockey IQ.

The obvious problem is a lack of skill up front. Getting Parise back isn't enough.

We have to trade a Dman, or a Dman+, for a talented top six forward. Any Dman should be available in trade, except Suter due both to his play and his NMC. I think we can weather the loss of any of our other Dmen. If a good top sixer isn't available for, say, Brodin( or whoever )+ Zucker, then we commit to a reload and trade for the best prospect/ draft pick we can get. I really don't think we will miss a beat.

We aren't going anywhere as configured. I said this at the beginning of this year, and I still believe that. Our Offense is unpredictable, unreliable, and not at the level that will get us far in the playoffs. Let's recognize that and take steps now rather than play the inevitable out and find ourselves out of contention in April.

I've liked Fletcher, for the most part, but he needs to prove to me that he can think on his feet and correct the course of a team that is badly off kilter. This is not a Boudreau problem.

I do see some forward talent coming down the pipe in Tuch, Kunin, Ek, Kaprizov, Greenway, maybe Sokolov, so we don't have to go full rebuild. We need a stopgap talent till they arrive and start producing. Another Staal, if you will.

Last edited:

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Oh my.

People listen. This is a damn good hockey team. We need to relax a little and enjoy the ride. It's going to be a good one. Seriously.

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
Oh my.

People listen. This is a damn good hockey team. We need to relax a little and enjoy the ride. It's going to be a good one. Seriously.

Yeah, about as good a team as the last 3 years where we stagger into the playoffs and get eliminated early. The team has huge problems offensively. As long as they hitch their hopes on Suter, Parise, and Koivu, I expect nothing but disappointment.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Oh my.

I hope that Fletcher doesn't agree with you, but I fear he does. I would like nothing better than for me to be wrong, but I just don't see us beating 4 good teams in the playoffs as we are presently configured.

The good news is that the problem is simple, though not necessarily easy to fix. We can play with any team, and keep the puck out of our net. We just can't score consistently.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I hope that Fletcher doesn't agree with you, but I fear he does. I would like nothing better than for me to be wrong, but I just don't see us beating 4 good teams in the playoffs as we are presently configured.

The good news is that the problem is simple, though not necessarily easy to fix. We can play with any team, and keep the puck out of our net. We just can't score consistently.

What is their record against playoff teams from last year? We are not even 1/4 into the season yet and people are are already talking rebuild. I'm baffled. This is the quickest people have turned on this team.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Negativity dragging the place down again. The Avs don't come back if they're not gifted the tripping penalty on Folin. I never saw a trip on the play. I'm not worried, but apparently the sky is falling. No team ever thinks it's going to be a cake walk beating 4 good teams in the playoffs so back the **** off the ledge. Jesus ****ing Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad