GDT: 11/19/13 Minnesota Wild @ Montreal Canadiens 630pm CST RDS, FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I went to sleep halfway through 2nd period, but watching the highlights, Kuemps looked terrible.

It's time to get a veteran backup.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I hope it won't be DiPietro. Either way, whoever it is will probably go to Iowa first for conditioning, right? So it will be a while before they will start a game in the NHL.

Billy Mays Here*

I hope it won't be DiPietro. Either way, whoever it is will probably go to Iowa first for conditioning, right? So it will be a while before they will start a game in the NHL.

Considering Dipietro has a GAA of over 5 in the AHL and has looked awful, I wouldn't worry about him.

Billy Mays Here*

Am I the only one who would actually prefer Theo over Backstrom even if Backs were healthy (assuming Theo can play relatively close to the way he played for us a few years ago)?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
If Bäcks returns to his last season's form, I prefer Bäcks. If he looks the same as he has looked like when he's played.. I'd take my chances with Theodore.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Am I the only one who would actually prefer Theo over Backstrom even if Backs were healthy (assuming Theo can play relatively close to the way he played for us a few years ago)?

No I would prefer Theo as well under the same conditions.

What are the cap ramifications if Backstrom retires?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I don't think so.
According to capgeek

This Backstrom 3 year contract really makes me want to go
ace-ventura-half-time-o.gif

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Backstrom is a good goalie. Just needs to recover from this injury and get on a roll. I don't even want to watch when Kuemps is in the net though.

We need a veteran backup, bottom line. I hope Harding isn't phased by being pulled tonight. Doubt he will be, guy is tough as nails.

WildFinn*

Backstrom is a good goalie. Just needs to recover from this injury and get on a roll. I don't even want to watch when Kuemps is in the net though.

We need a veteran backup, bottom line. I hope Harding isn't phased by being pulled tonight. Doubt he will be, guy is tough as nails.

He knew why he was pulled, was looking forward in his comments, ready to go in Ottawa.

Billy Mays Here*

Heatley will be booed loudly every time he touches the puck.

Cooke will be booed too, though not as much as Heatley.

WildFinn*

Now im worried, I missed all but third period and watching the recap Bacon is a culprit in most of the goals and almost goals on our end..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad