GDT: 11/19/13, 10PM EST "Pumping Tires" - Panthers VS Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
thomas is one of the best and if can keep this up, we're in every game. let's stop talking about dineen though. he's a nice guy. not an NHL coach. he never had this team. the 2011 playoffs were exciting but they were an unmitigated disaster in terms of team play.

now that's futile. versteeg's a good player and he's more likely to win another cup in chicago than we are to make the playoffs over the next couple of years.

What are you talking about? Do you watch 3 games a year or something. Does him competing for the cup have any indication on his play here? Hell be competing for the cup because of Toews,Kane,Keith and company certainly not because of his God given skill or effort. what a ridiculous post:shakehead

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
What a great game last night where the odds were against us. Amazing how much better of a team we are playing under Horachek. I love having the feeling when we're down that there's actually a good possibility of coming back and tieing it or in this case, winning it. Barkov and Bjugstad are showing signs again that they're really going to provide something special in the coming years. You can see them progressing little by little in every game. Tim Thomas, despite his age, is still so damn impressive. Without him in net, I doubt we would have won that game in the shootout.

Of course, outsiders don't want to give us credit as I see Torts said that his team played their worst game of the season. The Canucks played a damn fine game. We were just the better overall team. There's no reason to lose the remaining two games on the road trip with this momentum going. However, I really wonder how the Oilers will come out winning big 7-0 over the Jackets last night. You also might assume that fatigue might catch up to us with three games in four nights. Nevertheless, it actually sort of is becoming exciting to look forward to games coming on again when you expect that they might not lose them all :nod:

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Watching Bjugstad and Barkov play for the Panthers makes me feel like I'm watching something I've never seen before. Like watching a star explode.

I thought Flash played pretty well, just seemed like the puck was bouncing for him when he got a couple of good chances. They will start going in eventually.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
What a great game last night where the odds were against us. Amazing how much better of a team we are playing under Horachek. I love having the feeling when we're down that there's actually a good possibility of coming back and tieing it or in this case, winning it. Barkov and Bjugstad are showing signs again that they're really going to provide something special in the coming years. You can see them progressing little by little in every game. Tim Thomas, despite his age, is still so damn impressive. Without him in net, I doubt we would have won that game in the shootout.

Of course, outsiders don't want to give us credit as I see Torts said that his team played their worst game of the season. The Canucks played a damn fine game. We were just the better overall team. There's no reason to lose the remaining two games on the road trip with this momentum going. However, I really wonder how the Oilers will come out winning big 7-0 over the Jackets last night. You also might assume that fatigue might catch up to us with three games in four nights. Nevertheless, it actually sort of is becoming exciting to look forward to games coming on again when you expect that they might not lose them all :nod:

Fell asleep between the 2nd and third; woke up to watch the rest and wow!!!!

Forget what Torts said; Luongo gave us all the praise.

Thomas is the glue here he is playing awesome. Hes giving up about a goal a game less than Markstrom/clemmer. Plus he oozes confidence.

Will Thomas play the b2b for the 3rd week in a row?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
[/B]
What are you talking about? Do you watch 3 games a year or something. Does him competing for the cup have any indication on his play here? Hell be competing for the cup because of Toews,Kane,Keith and company certainly not because of his God given skill or effort. what a ridiculous post:shakehead

Yeah, I have to agree, Zero. You're making it sound like Versteeg was trying hard here and the Panthers were the problem. I'm sorry, but that's simply not the case. Versteeg is a liability on the ice, and a lazy and selfish player. He's on a team now that can cover up for his deficiencies. Hawks fans even say they are very familiar with his 1 vs 5 rushes and constant giveaways. But it worked for them in 2010 because they had the team skill to cover up for him, and his offense outweighed his defensive blunders enough to make him a solid contributor for them. We were the ones who were fooled by Versteeg's good team play for a couple months in 11-12. For most of his time here, Versteeg has been exactly what Leafs and Flyers fans warned us he was.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Thomas is the glue here he is playing awesome. Hes giving up about a goal a game less than Markstrom/clemmer. Plus he oozes confidence.

I don't think so. I don't see the need. The team has established a sense of confidence and consistently good play now. The boys believe they are a good team now, or at least can stay in any game. Thomas needs a rest here and there. Clemmer will definitely see one of the games I think.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
[/B]

that was my ****ing point :shakehead

sit here and gloat all day about him being -whatever and owning a goal drought older than methuselah - he'll be laughing last.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Yeah, I have to agree, Zero. You're making it sound like Versteeg was trying hard here and the Panthers were the problem. I'm sorry, but that's simply not the case. Versteeg is a liability on the ice, and a lazy and selfish player. He's on a team now that can cover up for his deficiencies. Hawks fans even say they are very familiar with his 1 vs 5 rushes and constant giveaways. But it worked for them in 2010 because they had the team skill to cover up for him, and his offense outweighed his defensive blunders enough to make him a solid contributor for them. We were the ones who were fooled by Versteeg's good team play for a couple months in 11-12. For most of his time here, Versteeg has been exactly what Leafs and Flyers fans warned us he was.

see above. i realize versteeg's limitations. i was actually saying those things even in 2011 after seeing him in person in boston, when almost everyone was all verbeauty gaga. he'll pick his game a little bit when back in an appropriate role and he'll also get a lot of help.

my point was that pointing to the box score and laughing at him is silly - he's already laughing at us and he'll be laughing harder when he's sipping from the cup again, regardless of what anyone thinks about his play here (or there for that matter).

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I don't think so. I don't see the need. The team has established a sense of confidence and consistently good play now. The boys believe they are a good team now, or at least can stay in any game. Thomas needs a rest here and there. Clemmer will definitely see one of the games I think.

Totally agree Clemmer should play one of the 2. Not that I have faith in Clemmer as we all know, but We will burn out or prone to injure Thomas if we don't. Absurd to expect Thomas to play 70 games.

And if coach doesn't have faith in Clemmer then make a move.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
see above. i realize versteeg's limitations. i was actually saying those things even in 2011 after seeing him in person in boston, when almost everyone was all verbeauty gaga. he'll pick his game a little bit when back in an appropriate role and he'll also get a lot of help.

my point was that pointing to the box score and laughing at him is silly - he's already laughing at us and he'll be laughing harder when he's sipping from the cup again, regardless of what anyone thinks about his play here (or there for that matter).

Still aren't making any sense, and if thats the case, who cares if he's laughing? "Haha, I played like crap and was sent to a team where my lazy play and VerStooge-ness can be masked and now have another Cup...hahaha??" Cool, glad he was shipped out! Let him laugh, but being offended by it is no different than being offended that Horton won on a team that can make up for his mid-season crap (noted by many in Boston).

Seeya VerStooge, loved ya the first few months, haven't liked ya at all of late.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Still aren't making any sense, and if thats the case, who cares if he's laughing? "Haha, I played like crap and was sent to a team where my lazy play and VerStooge-ness can be masked and now have another Cup...hahaha??" Cool, glad he was shipped out! Let him laugh, but being offended by it is no different than being offended that Horton won on a team that can make up for his mid-season crap (noted by many in Boston).

Seeya VerStooge, loved ya the first few months, haven't liked ya at all of late.

And how is Horton doing these days?

In fact how many goals have Weiss booth and Horton combined scored?

3?

Erick*

There's no way that the guy who constantly criticized Dineen during his time here is somewhat defending Kris Versteeg. Versteeg is one of the reasons why Dineen got fired this year. There's nothing more pathetic in sports than a player making millions to give up on his own team. Based on his play here and his comments since he left, it's pretty clear that he did not want to be here at all. I'm actually surprised he hasn't received more criticism than guys like Bouwmeester, Horton, etc. for what he did/some of the things he's said.

Erick*

Totally agree Clemmer should play one of the 2. Not that I have faith in Clemmer as we all know, but We will burn out or prone to injure Thomas if we don't. Absurd to expect Thomas to play 70 games.

And if coach doesn't have faith in Clemmer then make a move.

Thomas should play against Edmonton. If we win that game, I think he should play against Calgary too. He's the hot hand right now. We can't afford to lose points in the standings right now due to the terrible start. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I would like to see Bergenheim back in the lineup though.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
There's no way that the guy who constantly criticized Dineen during his time here is somewhat defending Kris Versteeg. Versteeg is one of the reasons why Dineen got fired this year. There's nothing more pathetic in sports than a player making millions to give up on his own team. Based on his play here and his comments since he left, it's pretty clear that he did not want to be here at all. I'm actually surprised he hasn't received more criticism than guys like Bouwmeester, Horton, etc. for what he did/some of the things he's said.

Zero didn't watch the games, so...

What's he said? I haven't seen anything.

Erick*

Zero didn't watch the games, so...

What's he said? I haven't seen anything.

He said that when Tallon called him to tell him he had been traded to Chicago, it "put a smile on my (his) face."

He also went on a Chicago radio show and said that the rest of the players on our roster seemed to be a little jealous in their text messages to him. He went on to add that he hoped Brian Campbell would join him in Chicago.

Soupy even had to clarify and tell the media here that he wants to be in Florida.

Versteeg's responses to being scratched/demoted here were also very arrogant.

Jan 19, 2006
that was my ****ing point :shakehead

sit here and gloat all day about him being -whatever and owning a goal drought older than methuselah - he'll be laughing last.

The fact that he is laughing because he doesn't feel in the least bit guilty that his lazy uninspired play:

1. helped get a coach fired
2. inspired one of the historically cheapest teams in the NHL to pay him NOT to play for them

tells you all you need to know about the character of Kris Versteeg.

Any man with a sense of pride... any man that you would want at your back when the chips are down... would not be laughing.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Well said, ATF.

And I'm sure a guy or two said he was lucky, and it may have just been that he went to Chicago and not buffalo. Team sure looks great since he and Dineen are gone.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
He said that when Tallon called him to tell him he had been traded to Chicago, it "put a smile on my (his) face."

He also went on a Chicago radio show and said that the rest of the players on our roster seemed to be a little jealous in their text messages to him. He went on to add that he hoped Brian Campbell would join him in Chicago.

Soupy even had to clarify and tell the media here that he wants to be in Florida.

Versteeg's responses to being scratched/demoted here were also very arrogant.

Versteeg is just trying to make up ******** on why he's been so terrible. The guy is a garbage player. I hope Tallon told him not to let the door hit him on the *** on the way out.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary

I hope, no Clemmer in Calgary please:cry::cry:

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

It's because Bouw and Horton were expected to be integral parts of this franchise for years to come. Having them leave the way they did made everyone a little sour.

Versteeg was never anything more than a stop-gap, so nobody really cares what he said.

The bottom line is, we are the first NHL franchise to give him a legitimate chance of proving himself as a top line player in this league and he failed miserably. His attitude is that of a smug little *****, so I could care less if he wins 100 cups or none, just as long as he's far away from this franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad