GDT: 11/19/13, 10PM EST "Pumping Tires" - Panthers VS Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Matthias gets the GTG and 1st star of the game, in less than 10 min. of ice time...IN VANCOUVER. :nod:

So many things going right for the Panthers. It feels good to win again. I like Matty, but if he can bring us back something interesting, then go for it if we're going to re-sign Goc.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
Just shows you how Dineen totally lost this team. This team is playing completely different and though I think a lot of it has to do with a healthy Tim Thomas starting every game now, the Panthers are playing the best we've seen since the 2011 playoffs just about.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Barkov and Bjugs were flat out amazing. Panther fans we can smile here, many years with these two as 1-2 Cs. Love it!

Erick*

If we could just be consistent, I see no reason why we can't win the next 3.

Erick*

Upshall is playing well so I'm hoping he doesn't get suspended for what he did tonight.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Upshall is playing well so I'm hoping he doesn't get suspended for what he did tonight.

Would be silly if he was. He gets pushed in the foot race to the boards and turns to stop. He tangles with Tanev while he tries to bring his leg around to stop.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Ah, yeah I missed this

iS5v3NYzmAVlM.gif

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Not a slewfoot. Upshall is going for the hit, he leans hard into Tanev's upper body because of the size disparity, and hence his leg naturally moves the way it did. I don't think that was intentional at all. He was also battling two Canucks.

Erick*

Winchester got 3 games for elbowing so you never know. We're not exactly the NHL's favorite team.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Winchester got 3 games for elbowing so you never know. We're not exactly the NHL's favorite team.

That was about as blatant an elbow as anyone will ever see.

This one is tough. It's impossible to know if he did that on purpose. It does look like he's trying to get to the puck to make a play, but at the same time, trying to make a play doesn't give you permission to do whatever it takes. In other words, while he may have been making a play on the puck, he nevertheless did slew foot Tanev and

ref-you-cant-do-that.gif

Will he get suspended? Who the hell knows.

Erick*

That was about as blatant an elbow as anyone will ever see.

This one is tough. It's impossible to know if he did that on purpose. It does look like he's trying to get to the puck to make a play, but at the same time, trying to make a play doesn't give you permission to do whatever it takes. In other words, while he may have been making a play on the puck, he nevertheless did slew foot Tanev and

ref-you-cant-do-that.gif

Will he get suspended? Who the hell knows.

I agree with you. I don't think it was intentional, but it's definitely a dangerous play.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Just shows you how Dineen totally lost this team. This team is playing completely different and though I think a lot of it has to do with a healthy Tim Thomas starting every game now, the Panthers are playing the best we've seen since the 2011 playoffs just about.

thomas is one of the best and if can keep this up, we're in every game. let's stop talking about dineen though. he's a nice guy. not an NHL coach. he never had this team. the 2011 playoffs were exciting but they were an unmitigated disaster in terms of team play.

Versteeg was -2 tonight :laugh:

now that's futile. versteeg's a good player and he's more likely to win another cup in chicago than we are to make the playoffs over the next couple of years.

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013
Honestly if anything that's interference by Tanev....he should have been going for the puck in the first place instead of trying to impede Upshall's progress towards it.

52.1 Slew-footing - Slew-footing is the act of a player or goalkeeper using his leg or foot to knock or kick an opponent’s feet from under him, or pushes an opponent’s upper body backward with an arm or elbow, and at the same time with a forward motion of his leg, knocks or kicks the opponent’s feet from under him, causing him to fall violently to the ice.

I see nothing in the play that relates to slewfooting...he makes upper body contact but he's not pushing him backwards. Not too mention what is he supposed to do with his leg?? He still has to continue moving forward.

Of course nucks fans are loosing their **** over it but at the time it was a nothing play...no call either, it's just the way he went down that was dangerous and the only reason it is even being discussed.

TheEkbombIsReal

Paaaaaanthers
Aug 19, 2011
Gothenburg
I wish I could've stayed up and watched this one, but a 04.00 start time is pretty damn rough :D

Happy to come out with a (shootout) win! How did the guys play? Consistent and hard? Happy to see both Bjugstad and Barkov get a point!

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
I wish I could've stayed up and watched this one, but a 04.00 start time is pretty damn rough :D

Happy to come out with a (shootout) win! How did the guys play? Consistent and hard? Happy to see both Bjugstad and Barkov get a point!
played really well I'm the first and third but really flat in the second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad