GDT: 11/18: Boston Bruins @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7PM ET - NESN, 100.7 WZLX FM

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Gerbe, Skinner, and Marshy...all on the same ice.

3411065-dis+gon+b+good!.gif

edit - Damn, no Skinner! Oh well, still gon b gud.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Great GDT once again. There is a lot of creativity and maybe some internal competition with these GDTs.

I very rarely predict a butt-whoopin' but I think it'll be somewhere in the neighbourhood of 5-2 or 6-2 for the good guys. Iggy pots 2 and the Krejci line as a whole has a big game. E. Stall and Tlusty for the Canes because Stall always scores vs Boston and Tlusty always plays well against them too.

Last edited:

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Interesting that both the Bruins and Pats are in Carolina.

Maybe they'll all go out for barbecue!

Yes, I know, they're prolly 200 miles apart...just sayin'.

By the way, Carolina is more known for BBQ, but New England is catching up! :yo:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Great GDT once again. There is a lot of creativity and maybe some internal competition with these GDTs.

I very rarely predict a butt-whoopin' but I think it'll be somewhere in the neighbourhood of 5-2 or 6-2 for the good guys. Iggy pots 2 and the Krejci line as a whole has a big game. E. Stall and Tlusty for the Canes because Stall always scores vs Boston and Tlusty always plays well against them too.

I should dispel a bit of this. I can only speak for me, but in fact the opposite of competition, a lot of my GDT's this year have a degree of collaboration about them (now, fantasy hockey is a different story :laugh: ). For example, while I designed Seidenmoose, I didn't come up with the name. That credit goes entirely elsewhere. For me....the competition is in wanting our threads to look as solid as some of the ones I've seen throughout the site. I think the ones done for our playoff run last year were as good as any on HFboards.

As far as the Canes first line, I'm curious about the piece the Canes visitor mentioned about Semin taking the hit last night with a possible head injury dx. If he doesn't play, I wonder if that first line is as scary.

I also wonder where Tim Gleason went? That SOB was a PITA to play against.

Interesting that both the Bruins and Pats are in Carolina.

Maybe they'll all go out for barbecue!

Yes, I know, they're prolly 200 miles apart...just sayin'.

By the way, Carolina is more known for BBQ, but New England is catching up! :yo:

I figured you of all people would like the Pitmaster's angle. Looking at that, I don't even think hockey; I think Carolina Pulled Pork with some golden tangy and it just makes me hungry :laugh:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Great job Ali!
I don't feel competitive about these either, more like inspired. I like how - like the Bs - we GDT by committee.

Go :bruinss!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
These GDT`s are awesome, and something I can`t do being completely illiterate when it comes to this stuff. The GDT on the Isles board a few weeks ago was absolutely hilarious too if anyone missed it........a must see

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I should dispel a bit of this. I can only speak for me, but in fact the opposite of competition, a lot of my GDT's this year have a degree of collaboration about them (now, fantasy hockey is a different story :laugh: ). For example, while I designed Seidenmoose, I didn't come up with the name. That credit goes entirely elsewhere. For me....the competition is in wanting our threads to look as solid as some of the ones I've seen throughout the site. I think the ones done for our playoff run last year were as good as any on HFboards.

As far as the Canes first line, I'm curious about the piece the Canes visitor mentioned about Semin taking the hit last night with a possible head injury dx. If he doesn't play, I wonder if that first line is as scary.

I also wonder where Tim Gleason went? That SOB was a PITA to play against.

I figured you of all people would like the Pitmaster's angle. Looking at that, I don't even think hockey; I think Carolina Pulled Pork with some golden tangy and it just makes me hungry :laugh:

Yeah, had I realized both teams were in Carolina tonight, I'da smoked a pork butt yesterday to feed the boys tonight....with a Carolina vinegar sauce, of course!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip
Ward to play tonight. Semin, Skinner out.

Also:
Dan Cagen ‏@DanCagen
Ward's first game since Oct. 24. RT @ice_chip: Ward to play tonight. Semin, Skinner out.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto

:

Well, regardless of whether it's competition or collaboration the GDT's have been great. I'm sure I speak for everybody when I say we really appreciate the time and effort the crew puts into entertaining us with your creativity.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I need to see the B's play a complete game.

Hope for a big win tonight .

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:handclap::handclap:

IrishBruin

Mar 17, 2011
Recife, Brasil
Beers cooling in the fridge. Game's at midnight here so better pace myself. Will be a very late night /early morning with the NE on tonight aswell.

Let's go B's. 4-2 Boston with an empty netter.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Sorry for being naive, but what does ^CS mean after every Bruins tweet?

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Also:
Dan Cagen ‏@DanCagen
Ward's first game since Oct. 24. RT @ice_chip: Ward to play tonight. Semin, Skinner out.

So apparently that means there won't be much slapping or figure skating tonight.

Oh well, maybe Cage will beat up Sutter again. :D

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Thanks for the kind words everyone :) It was definitely time to inject a little laughter into this place.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's GDT as it is a very special one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad