Post-Game Talk: 11/18/17 | Blues 4 @ Canucks 3 | OTL

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Stupid loser point.

Either win or lose, no half measures.
Loser points are earned. Taki.g away a point based off 3 on 3 or a SO would be insane. It is that some nhl games are worth more than others that is stupid. Everygame should be worth 3 points. Calgary, and Toronto have been winning all their 3 on 3 and shootouts. Their record is artificially good the Canucks have lost all 3 in circus time. This is good for tanking but the Canuks have been a little better than their record indicates. The fair way is to fix the point system 3 points for a regulation victory would reward offense. The lower scoring the game the more likely it becomes a 3 point gamerewarding low scoring hockey.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Vadim Shipachyov
Connor Murphy was just healthy scratched 4 games into his Blackhawks career (on a 6 year/$24 million deal) after being the main piece back in the Hjalmarsson deal.

Matt Beleskey was scratched barely over a year into his 5-year deal with Boston.

Jannik Hansen was healthy scratched after being a pretty significant pickup by SJ.

And even if that 'isn't the way it is', it damned well should be. Especially on a team that's just finished in 28th and 29th place. These guys haven't earned ****.

Connor Murphy was a trade, not a free agent signing.

Beleskey, exactly, over a year. If this is still going on next year (and it probably will be), then ol' Sammy Snowpants will be scratched.

Hansen was a trade acquisition.

I wonder if it has to do with desirability for future free agents. Maybe if guys feel like they won't have a chance to work through the adjustment of moving to another team they will be less likely to sign there.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Connor Murphy was a trade, not a free agent signing.

Beleskey, exactly, over a year. If this is still going on next year (and it probably will be), then ol' Sammy Snowpants will be scratched.

Hansen was a trade acquisition.

I wonder if it has to do with desirability for future free agents. Maybe if guys feel like they won't have a chance to work through the adjustment of moving to another team they will be less likely to sign there.

Come on, it isn't like Sam Gagner was the prized free agent of the off-season. He was a middling free agent signed to a middling contract. Benching him for sucking isn't going to do anything for future players of his calibre, and who cares if it does.

The Flyers signed Nolan Baumgartner to a multi-year deal after one semi-decent year with us, and after about 7 games they sent him to the AHL and then bought him out. I have never heard that this has hurt them in trying to sign other UFA defensemen since then.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Come on, it isn't like Sam Gagner was the prized free agent of the off-season. He was a middling free agent signed to a middling contract. Benching him for sucking isn't going to do anything for future players of his calibre, and who cares if it does.

The Flyers signed Nolan Baumgartner to a multi-year deal after one semi-decent year with us, and after about 7 games they sent him to the AHL and then bought him out. I have never heard that this has hurt them in trying to sign other UFA defensemen since then.

I believe in the previous post I added the caveat of benched early without being bought out quickly after.
Besides, I'm stating the way that I think it should be. I'm stating the way that it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad