REMINDER
IF YOU ARE ON TEAM TANK KEEP IT IN THE DESIGNATED TANK THREAD

Last edited:
Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
This is definitely the kind of game the Canucks will win, Markstrom probably gets a shutout and the Benning extension talk heats up. Then they go to Philly and get whipped 8-2.

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
Brayden Schenn is having a career year.

Points keep coming for Blues' Schenn
Points keep coming for Blues' Schenn
By Jim Thomas
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
13 hrs ago

VANCOUVER, B.C.
• Mike Yeo gets asked about Brayden Schenn on almost every stop along the road of this 2017-18 hockey season. Just 20 games into the campaign, the Blues' coach has almost run out of good things to say about the 26-year-old center.

Almost.

Why has Schenn been so good this season?

That was the question posed by a member of the Edmonton media after the Blues 4-1 victory Thursday.

"Because he's a good player," Yeo said. "That's the easiest answer I can give you. He's a good player with character. So he's been a nice fit with our group. He's got obviously a very important role, and he does a lot of things."

Including, obviously, score. Schenn continued his latest hot streak with two goals and an assist against the Oilers. That gave him seven goals and 18 assists for the season.

His 25 points ties for the team lead with Jaden Schwartz (10 goals, 15 assists), and is just ahead of Vladimir Tarasenko (10 goals, 12 assists).

Keep in mind, too, that Schenn also had game-winning shootout goals against the New York Islanders (Oct. 9) and the Arizona Coyotes (Nov. 9) _ goals that don't count on individual stats.

Not only was it the 13th game with three points or more in Schenn's career, it was his third such game in the Blues' last six contests. Starting with his four-assist game Nov. 4 against Toronto, Schenn has 14 points in his last six contests (four points, 10 assists).

As much as anything, Yeo liked Schenn's defense going up against the Connor McDavid line Thursday (along with linemates Schwartz and Tarasenko).

"What I liked is that he didn't cheat the game," Yeo said. "He focused on the defensive part of it. And I think that he stayed strong in the way that we needed to play the game and the confidence that things would come around offensively."

Their line combinations from last game:

Jaden Schwartz - Brayden Schenn - Vladimir Tarasenko
Vladimir Sobotka - Paul Stastny - Alex Steen
Magnus Paajarvi - Oskar Sundqvist - Dmitrij Jaskin
Scottie Upshall - Kyle Brodziak - Chris Thorburn

Joel Edmundson - Alex Pietrangelo
Carl Gunnarsson - Colton Parayko
Vince Dunn - Robert Bortuzzo

Jake Allen
Carter Hutton

Last edited:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Cool that Paajarvi has found a home with the Blues. I thought he would be out of the league after he busted with the Oilers.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Sorry for those hoping for a surprise win. The Canucks are winless in 5 games I have attended. I am going tomorrow. Bet accordingly.

(Unless the freshly signed Stecher Jersey has some mojo).
I have the same effect...do 2 negatives become a positive??????

Reactions: drivier

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Cool that Paajarvi has found a home with the Blues. I thought he would be out of the league after he busted with the Oilers.

Definitely, no where close to what he was pegged to be. 2nd line was the expectation. His floor was a 2 way forward, that could kill penalties. Good size at 6'3 208lbs and at a cap hit of $700K. No offence from him at the NHL level.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
please sit gagner

Not gonna happen.

The only guys benched will be Gaunce, Virtanen, Burmistrov, and Biega. Kids and guys stereotyped as fringe players. There is zero accountability for 'established' players.

Same as last year when the team finished in 29th place but the only established player to be healthy scratched all year was Baertschi once in November, and it's very generous to call him established.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Not gonna happen.

The only guys benched will be Gaunce, Virtanen, Burmistrov, and Biega. Kids and guys stereotyped as fringe players. There is zero accountability for 'established' players.

Same as last year when the team finished in 29th place but the only established player to be healthy scratched all year was Baertschi once in November, and it's very generous to call him established.

I have posted before how much the lack of accountability for veteran players burns me. Particularly this group of mediocre veterans who have no bearing on the teams success in the future.

My favorite whipping boy Eriksson, who has fast become possibly my most disliked Canuck ever is going to become a bigger and bigger example. It is going to get real interesting if he has 0 goals after 10 more games. How many hits is he expected to make a game??

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
I have posted before how much the lack of accountability for veteran players burns me. Particularly this group of mediocre veterans who have no bearing on the teams success in the future.

My favorite whipping boy Eriksson, who has fast become possibly my most disliked Canuck ever is going to become a bigger and bigger example. It is going to get real interesting if he has 0 goals after 10 more games. How many hits is he expected to make a game??
What..? How could you possibly hate Eriksson more than Gudbranson, Sbisa, Bartkowski, and Vey among others? Salary?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad