GDT: 11/17 Game 17: 7 PM EST - San Jose @ BRUINS - NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sharks have won the first 2 of a long Eastern trip winning at Detroit and Buffalo

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_29125829/sharks-notebook-jones-riding-ups-and-downs-starting

BOSTON -- Martin Jones is still learning what it takes to be a No. 1 goalie in the NHL. But he's mastered at least one aspect of the job.

"It's important to stay even-keeled," Jones said Monday. "Try not to get too high or too low."

Jones has had reasons to be on both sides of the emotional spectrum through 14 games.

Over the first four games, Jones had a shutout streak of 234 minutes and 33 seconds to set a Sharks franchise record. More recently, he allowed four goals on 21 shots to Columbus and two goals on three shots to the New York Islanders.

Jones is back on another upswing going into Tuesday's game against the Boston Bruins. He had 26 saves in Friday's 3-2 win over Detroit and 30 saves in Saturday's 2-1 win over Buffalo, which Sharks coach Pete DeBoer said might have been the best Jones has looked this season.

"I've felt good over the last few games," said Jones, who was a member of the Bruins for five days before he was acquired by the Sharks on June 30. "Just want to make sure I continue with my practice habits, make sure I'm staying on top with the details and stay sharp over this road trip."

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My daughter flew in from Calif to see this game. She watches the Sharks out there but the B's are still her #1.

Please win :)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Time to kill their confidence, send Marleau packing and have fun.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I would not be disappointed if Burns was told to keep his bags in town and he was traded to the Bruins after the game.

Wishful thinking, but who knows!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I agree, we need Berchand (or Marcheron) back. IIRC, they've been separated for two games, and reunited at the end of each game. The first game, right after they were reunited, they got a goal, no?

All that said, I do like the idea of giving Marchand a little more leadership role. I'd try to explain on the main board that he's really matured over the last couple of years, but I think I'd sustain a concussion after banging my head on the wall.

He did wear grey in practice today, so I think we might get another game with them starting apart. At least Clode has shown that he's willing to go to plan B....

RussianShark

Cheech
Mar 15, 2009
Bay Area
Bay Area kid out here for college, first game at TD - super excited.

Any recommendations for cheap spots to eat in walking distance? Anything in general worth checking out around the Garden before or after the game? Thanks guys.

5-3 Sharks :sarcasm:

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA

Any recommendations for cheap spots to eat in walking distance? Anything in general worth checking out around the Garden before or after the game? Thanks guys.

Halftime Pizza is right on Causeway, pretty hard to miss it, you get enormous slices of pizza. Plus, if you're 21, beer is cheap compared to the garden.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC

If you're 21, before and after the games around the Garden are the best. Make sure to check out The Harp or The Greatest Bar. Some around here will poo poo those ideas, but if you're young and looking for a good time, those are the places to go. The Harp was my spot for a long time when I lived in Boston.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Halftime Pizza is right on Causeway, pretty hard to miss it, you get enormous slices of pizza. Plus, if you're 21, beer is cheap compared to the garden.

It's also disgusting.

Best deal in town is happy hour at the bar at McCormack and Schmick's in Fanuiel Hall. Can get a cheeseburger and fries for $4.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CUBFmG0WEAAWPQy.jpg:large

Bruins are still winless at home when Rene sings this year :help:

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20152016/[email protected]?1447712490000
Tonight's Officials

Referees Rob Martell (26), Francis Charron (6)
Linesmen Tony Sericolo (84), Jonny Murray (95)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

MILESTONES APPROACHING
- Adam McQuaid is playing his 300th NHL game tonight.

- Dennis Seidenberg is playing his 700th NHL game tonight.

- Patrice Bergeron is 3 assists shy of his 357th career assist, which will tie him with Adam Oates for 9th place on the club’s all-tim assist list.

BOSTON vs. SAN JOSE, LIFETIME SERIES

- The Bruins and Sharks are meeting for the 33rd time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 17-10-5-0 record and 100-88 scoring edge in those games.
- The Bruins are 9-4-3-0 in their 16 home games of this lifetime series with a 52-47 scoring advantage in those contests.

- The Bruins had their 3-game win streak vs. the Sharks snapped with a 7-4 loss in San Jose on Dec. 14, 2014 in the last game between these teams and they are 5-7-1 overall in their last 13 games overall vs. San Jose … They have won their last 2 home games vs. San Jose after a 4-game home losing stretch to the Sharks.

- Fun Fact: Only 1 of the 6 OT games between these teams has ended in a victor (2-1 Boston shootout win in San Jose on Jan. 14, 2010), as their 1st 5 OT meetings ended in ties.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Halftime Pizza is usually my spot too - it's quick and convenient. Not sure it's super cheap - two giant slices and a giant 32 oz beer go for about $20 - but for something that close to the Garden, it's probably as good as you'll get. It's NY style pizza - my second favorite, next to the Greek style pizza you get anywhere that has the word "House" in the name of the pizza parlor.

I do Qdoba if I get bored and don't feel like a pregame beer, and just want something fast and a little generic. Both are right near the Bobby Orr statue, which is the west side of the Garden.

I've had good eats at the North Star and The Fours, which are in the same area, just down the street away from the Garden a tiny bit. The Fours was absolutely insanely crowded the one time I took my dad there before an 8 PM Wednesday game - got there at 5:50, and with the wait, we barely made it to the anthem on time. I tried the North Star before a concert and it wasn't packed, but I don't know how they do before games.

Please avoid eating/drinking at the Garden at all costs, because screw Jacobs.

T-tip - if you're eating before the game, right after you exit the Green Line turnstiles, make a U-turn to get on the same side of the street as all the restaurants. Walk parallel to the Garden.

Personally, I like to watch the pregame warmups when I can - as in most arenas (I assume), it's at 6:30-6:45. Watch for Marchand to be the last one off the ice for our team. You might go to Loge 2 if you want to see the Sharks warm up, and then go to your regularly scheduled seat.

Oh, and 4-2 Bruins. :sarcasm:

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
It's also disgusting.

Best deal in town is happy hour at the bar at McCormack and Schmick's in Fanuiel Hall. Can get a cheeseburger and fries for $4.

I'm not a pizza snob, so I honestly don't give a ****. Pizza is pizza to me. :laugh:

And only reason I mentioned Halftime is because it's impossible to miss. Anything in Faneuil Hall I'd definitely recommend, though.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I'm not a pizza snob, so I honestly don't give a ****. Pizza is pizza to me. :laugh:

And only reason I mentioned Halftime is because it's impossible to miss. Anything in Faneuil Hall I'd definitely recommend, though.

I'm far from a pizza snob, but halftime tastes like spaghetti-o sauce spread over a piece of pita bread with a pinch of cheese added on top. It's doable when you're drunk, but that's about it. Dominos is better than Halftime, and that's saying something.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I'm far from a pizza snob, but halftime tastes like spaghetti-o sauce spread over a piece of pita bread with a pinch of cheese added on top. It's doable when you're drunk, but that's about it. Dominos is better than Halftime, and that's saying something.

Their Breakfast Pizza is leathal :help:

6069334_j7NcR_Pz18z6FFzQPZbpde1bz0-woYHZ72i1e2qGt04.jpg

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA

Oh come on! If Halftime is that, Domino's is taking ketchup and spreading it on an old loaf of bread in your grandmother's basement and scraping the cheese off of expired cheese crackers and throwing it in the microwave at 4 AM.

I'm not saying Halftime is anything special for pizza. It's not good pizza, but it's perfectly fine for a quick bite to eat before the game. I'd get it a hundred times over Domino's or Little Caesar's or Sbarro or any of that stuff.

When you're drunk, yeah, that's a whole different beast. Taco Bell is gourmet Mexican cuisine when you're drunk. :laugh:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Halftime isn't great pizza, but it is much better than Domino's. Halftime is what it is, the Causeway St. version of the ols Kenmore Square Pizza Pad . . . pizza that doesn't have to be great because of the location, and cheap(er) beer. Only the Pizza Pad didn't play hockey fight videos on the TV while you eat!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Steak tip grinder at the Sports Grille ftw

I have one before the game every time I'm in Boston. Sadly it has been awhile :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Colin is good to go tonight, 8 D's available for Julien so let's see what he comes up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad