GDT: 11/16/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Dallas vs Tampa Bay

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Nothing says tampa touchdown quite like only getting 6 points

latest

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Vasy leading the league in save percentage among non backups (goalies that have played more than 6 games, technically).

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
I think that was the first true vintage Stamkos one-timer (tm) of the season. The one where everyone on the ice knows it's coming, the goalie gets square, and he just picks the corner.
Bish must've been thinking "Oh, so this is what it feels like. [insert grumble here]"

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
While I feel a bit sorry for Bish (Great tribute and fan ovation, BTW), it was sweet to see the NHL Leaderboard once more updated. :D
LeaderboardNov16.JPG

Had a GREAT time at the game! The Military Appreciation Night special happenings were really cool and very well received by the crowd.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Stralmans +/- is ridiculous, and as crazy as their numbers are so far they're not THAT far ahead of curve given the low amount of games played, a 10 game hot/cold streak opens everything up for anyone.

Generally around 40-50 games the elites pull significantly away from the pack, even if they just consistently stay PPG until then the gap will widen.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
That game summed up how both teams have been so far this season. On the Lightning end of things, I liked that we didn't have a lot of rust after the break. Good to see us still playing great after our great California trip.

Glad to see Bishop get a standing ovation. He deserved it. Sad to see him leave, but in the end the ideal situation for me personally (for obvious reasons) happened in the event that he left. Glad to see Vasy doing really good as the starter, as we all knew he had the ability.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
1st period was a tight, close checking game then it opened up in the 2nd. Point and Gourde are so impressive on the PK and with their speed and back checking/defensive game.

Kuch and Stammer are on a whole other level right now, even Names has looked good and gelled really well with these two.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Dude, stop taking everything so personally. We don't hate Callahan. Most of us love what he brings to the lineup as a defensive forward and PKer. His contract sucks, but it is what it is. I want to say that he could score more if he didn't have a 4th line/PK role, but I don't think that's true. I watch the guy in the offensive zone and he just doesn't have it. He either takes a slapshot from 20 feet out or makes a poor pass. His offense is gone. Just accept that he's a defensive forward who is really, really good at what he does.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
This team is dominant. I remember us being dominant in our cup season but I don't think we were this good. Everyone keeps saying it but hope we stay healthy and really get our best shot at winning it this year.

Only reason I think we haven't won one since the 04 team is because of health. If TJ and Bish were healthy against the hawks I think we win that series. A healthy Stamkos could have been all we needed against the Pens. Last year the Pens were not as good as the year before. I think the way we were playing at the end of the year and if they had been healthy it could have been their year.

Obviously we never would know for sure but the hockey gods have to give us a chance this year. They got the talent and drive to be the best. Right now they are. They just need to stay healthy and keep it up!

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
The time My expectations for Callahan to produce went out the window was not when I found out he was not getting PP time but when he was also getting limited mins on a 4th line. Bad luck has also a lot to do with it. Anaheim game if luck was on his side could have easily had a 3 point night. But having a goal waived off does not help you to get production.

Last night, Johnson and Killorn make great plays to get the puck to their point guy and he rips a shot for a goal. Boom an assist for those two. Callahan later makes a huge hit to get the puck to his point and what happens, point guy makes a bad play, leads to a breakaway and a goal against. Threw my TV remote after that, lol was so pissed.

At that point just am disgusted. How can a guy have this much bad luck. As much as people are enjoying this surge this season to me there is a black cloud over it. I am happy Tampa is doing well don’t get me wrong, but i am disgusted with what is going on with Callahan and I really can’t and will not put all the blame on him. I feel there is some fault with him that he is holding back but I think it’s because of the role he has been given and with how much the Top 6 has contributed. I guess he proved people wrong that he is not the next Ohlund so there is a somewhat silver lining to this. If you guys want him off this team and don’t think he is part of the winning formula then that’s fine I can understand with his cap hit. I am just glad he is out there able to do his thing strongly but sadly little to show for it on the points column.

Sure, some people here are going to roll their eyes and whatnot , but I just needed to get this off my chest.
I’m not sure what your relationship is with Cally, but it’s clear his production is important to you. We all know how this works. Contracts are written largely on past production, so he earned the money. There is no doubt his current role limits offensive opportunities, but this particular team has so much other offensive fire power that what they NEED from Cally is exactly what he’s giving them.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Just throw Tyler Johnson under the bus. That always makes me feel better.

Those 6 goals weren't truculent enough, IMO. We need Wayne Simmonds.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
How can there be a black cloud over this season for anyone? We are 15-2-2.

This is the Tampa Bay Lightning, not the Tampa Bay Callahans. If Stamkos had 0 points I'd be pissed and laughing that we resigned broken legs and he's disappointing but a black cloud because of him? Nah. The Lightning will be around after him, Callahan or anybody who thinks a player is above the team. This is the greatest season in franchise history at the moment and I intend on enjoying it thoroughly regardless of how bad giraffe continues to zip around the zoo.

Nick, you should be enjoying this season. If Callahan retired tomorrow, would you still root on the Lightning or would you think of it as the death of the Lightning? The majority of these people, myself included, like Callahan and want him to succeed but he's not the 40-50pt guy anymore. I'm not sure he's a 30pt guy. But I do know he has heart and I love that. We all want him here but just like when Stamkos was struggling, there's a thing called a salary cap and it really does some players in with the fans.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Just throw Tyler Johnson under the bus. That always makes me feel better.

Those 6 goals weren't truculent enough, IMO. We need Wayne Simmonds.

Funny thing is I think TJ has played well. Killorn is ok but he’s not going to be able to help TJ be at his best. That line needs someone who has chemistry with TJ and has speed/skills to keep up. I don’t know who’s out there and who would work but the sounds of it Yzerman has already scouted Winnipeg pretty hard.

Don’t know if a deal will come out between them or for what but at least we know he’s still looking to improve the team even when we are dominating. That old saying don’t try to fix something that isn’t broken is true but I think we do have a need at 3RW. Wonder if we pull the trigger on something. Hopefully Sustr is gone soon. Way rather have Koekkoek in. He at least has some upside.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Funny thing is I think TJ has played well. Killorn is ok but he’s not going to be able to help TJ be at his best. That line needs someone who has chemistry with TJ and has speed/skills to keep up. I don’t know who’s out there and who would work but the sounds of it Yzerman has already scouted Winnipeg pretty hard.

Don’t know if a deal will come out between them or for what but at least we know he’s still looking to improve the team even when we are dominating. That old saying don’t try to fix something that isn’t broken is true but I think we do have a need at 3RW. Wonder if we pull the trigger on something. Hopefully Sustr is gone soon. Way rather have Koekkoek in. He at least has some upside.
What exactly are we expecting out of our third line? Because their production is great for their ice time. I like the revolving door and think they're doing a good job.

Reactions: FinnLightning26

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
How can there be a black cloud over this season for anyone? We are 15-2-2.

This is the Tampa Bay Lightning, not the Tampa Bay Callahans. If Stamkos had 0 points I'd be pissed and laughing that we resigned broken legs and he's disappointing but a black cloud because of him? Nah. The Lightning will be around after him, Callahan or anybody who thinks a player is above the team. This is the greatest season in franchise history at the moment and I intend on enjoying it thoroughly regardless of how bad giraffe continues to zip around the zoo.

Nick, you should be enjoying this season. If Callahan retired tomorrow, would you still root on the Lightning or would you think of it as the death of the Lightning? The majority of these people, myself included, like Callahan and want him to succeed but he's not the 40-50pt guy anymore. I'm not sure he's a 30pt guy. But I do know he has heart and I love that. We all want him here but just like when Stamkos was struggling, there's a thing called a salary cap and it really does some players in with the fans.
He's not a Lightning fan dude. He's a Rangers fan who likes Callahan.

I'm not saying that to rag on him - he literally is that. One of the reason why his complaints about Cally's usage falls on deaf ears. A team with a +30 Goal Differential and that is leading the league and division... and he thinks there is a problem.

Edit: Here is QED.

It's unbelievable what those two have been able to do. It's 20 games into the season, you would think they would start cooling off, but not showing signs of it. lol. My only stake in them is because of Cally and Girardi over there, who have played very well , little to show for it though. But I've kinda put them on the back burner and really focused on NY to be honest, but can't lie and say they are not fun to watch. lol.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad