GDT: 11/16/14 - Jets @ Wild - 4pm ct/Midnight Suomi - FSNorth/TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He's been one of my favorite players in the organization since he was drafted, I'm so glad he's turning into a legitimate #3

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
287iu6o.gif

Approved!

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
He's been one of my favorite players in the organization since he was drafted, I'm so glad he's turning into a legitimate #3

I feel the same way. I have always like his name haha. I felt the same about Spurgeon, and he has turned into a solid player. I hope Scandella follows in his footsteps and gains consistency throughout the season.

Laino

Jul 5, 2010
Hello, I'm a neutral fan in this game but I was wondering why all four goalies played? And why Kuemper got the win with only 4 shots/saves?

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Agreed with all of you guys. I've always loved Scandella's potential and I'm glad to see he's finally reaching his upside.

Pulling Backs was definitely the right move. As I told my buddy, it had nothing to do with the goalie; Yeo just doesn't have the option of pulling the 18 guys in front of him.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Hello, I'm a neutral fan in this game but I was wondering why all four goalies played? And why Kuemper got the win with only 4 shots/saves?

Pavelec gave up 3 in the first and got pulled at the end of the period. The Jets tied it with 3 in the third, and Backstrom got pulled after that. Kuemper came into a tie game and we won in OT, so he gets the win.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Russo

Ballard on why game changed: "we spent entire 2nd pd killing & they spent the entire 2nd pd either on the power play or acting like idiots."

Russo
Ballard:"there's no reason that game needs to go to overtime.They scored 3 lucky goals.I mean, every single 1 of them went off 1 of our guys

Dude is still lit up after the game. :laugh:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Agreed with all of you guys. I've always loved Scandella's potential and I'm glad to see he's finally reaching his upside.

Pulling Backs was definitely the right move. As I told my buddy, it had nothing to do with the goalie; Yeo just doesn't have the option of pulling the 18 guys in front of him.

Yup. I'm glad that Yeo finally got balls to make these hard but important decisions. He reacted early enough when there was something to save still. Not goalies' fault but something had to be made. Those decisions may have saved us 4 points.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Yup. I'm glad that Yeo finally got balls to make these hard but important decisions. He reacted early enough when there was something to save still. Not goalies' fault but something had to be made. Those decisions may have saved us 4 points.

I also appreciated seeing him take a timeout after the 2nd goal. That's something he wouldn't do last year, and in fact I criticized him for it a lot, so now I will give credit where it's due.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
there is definitely a gifable Scandella goal reaction I saw on the postgame show. Not sure if it was broadcasted during the game but wonder if someone could find it.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I can't recall where I saw the photos....trying to find them....but the guys were in Packers gear at Lambeau. I think it was a couple years back. Cursed them that day.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
It's Winnipeg. They'll cool off eventually and miss the playoffs by like 10 points.

That said, I don't like them at all any more. Bunch of goons.
In a way I hope not. Not only so they have zero chance at getting McDavid/Eichel. Also this is turning into quite a rivalry. Like Walz just said if these two teams match in the playoffs it would be epic. I think Walz said "off the hook", but I hate that term so I'm not using it.
Besides if by some freak chance the Jets are in and Chicago out, I would dehydrate from peeing my pants so much from laughing.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i thought the peggers threw alot of cheap shots tonight especially stuart. after zucker got slashed or hooked on his breakaway the tv zoomed in on yeo he said bullshtt, to the ref i think. so glad we pulled off 2 points even if peggers got one. they might be the new version of the nuckers goon squad. ps goes without saying the refs sokked tonight.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Listening to post game interview in winnipeg by niederreiter and used the word spicy. Referring to wild and jets not liking exact other.

El Nino 22

May 3, 2014
Minnesota
That game was a success for me as a fan. Nino gets a beauty power play goal. Parise gets two goals in first game back from concussion. Scandella gets the OT game winner on first game back from mumps. I just wish we wouldn't have give Winnipeg the point in the standings.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Russo

On Backstrom being pulled, Yeo said, “That was just momentum, that was not on him by any means. He was making some good saves. There were a couple tough bounces that were tough for any goalie. But I’d already burned my timeout and I felt they still had the momentum after that, and obviously they scored that goal. So you’re looking for anything to do.â€

Again, good move by Yeo to make that decision to address the chaos at that time. And I'm glad he and the players have quickly come to Backs' defense tonight. As much as I pick on the crease monkey, he was just fine out there till those unlucky bounces. He wasn't pulled based on his performance, and hopefully he doesn't let the 3rd period disaster get to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad