GDT: 11/15/2017 | Calgary @ Detroit | 7:30PM

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

For those that don't know, Frk left practice with an injury yesterday and was immediately ruled out for today, and Helm was held out of practice - it doesn't seem bad there was a possibility he could've played tonight.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
so are we too capped out to bring someone up or do our options in GR just suck so much that it's seen as pointless?

Danco95

May 3, 2015
I hope Frky will be back soon as is possible and i want to see some goals from Tatar, my countryman!

Reactions: martinez

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
so are we too capped out to bring someone up or do our options in GR just suck so much that it's seen as pointless?

Too capped out. I'd actually like to see Dominic Turgeon get a look.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Again if you haven't seen, Frk is said to have a groin injury.

If they needed to couldn't they put DDK on retroactive IR, call someone up, then reactivate ddk if he's ready this weekend?

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I really don't think Green is going anywhere if he doesn't care about winning. The decision rests completely on Mike Green. Holland clearly wants to keep him in Detroit since getting rid of Green goes against Holland's MO of wanting a "playoff team".

Reactions: avssuc

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I really don't think Green is going anywhere if he doesn't care about winning. The decision rests completely on Mike Green. Holland clearly wants to keep him in Detroit since getting rid of Green goes against Holland's MO of wanting a "playoff team".

When Green joined the Wings, he did talk about winning being part of it. Then again, everyone does. Green is doing everything he can to create incredible trade deadline value, too. No question the Wings could pry out an excellent prospect and/or a 1st rounder from him if he maintains anywhere near his 50+ point pace.

Part of me really wants Green to stick around because he's a great player and I love watching him. But he'll be 33 next season and by the time the Winsg are swinging for a Cup (assuming the best possible timeline), he'll be older than Kronwall is right now. Will his body betray him like so many late 30s players or will he stay relevant like some defenders do? It's a gamble.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Well at this point we are probably playing over our heads and are still only a .500 team. I only expect it to get worse from here.

That being said, this is the most entertained I've been in a while by the Wings. Its great to see the demeanor of the young guys changing. Mantha and Larkin are leading this team on the ice and I hope Blash keeps pumping them minutes.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Well at this point we are probably playing over our heads and are still only a .500 team. I only expect it to get worse from here.

That being said, this is the most entertained I've been in a while by the Wings. Its great to see the demeanor of the young guys changing. Mantha and Larkin are leading this team on the ice and I hope Blash keeps pumping them minutes.

That's how I feel, too.

When is the last time the Wings were being lead in points by a couple guys under the age of 25? I feel like we have to go back pretty far. It's something optimistic for the future, even if the team in the current state isn't a contender.

EDIT: I went back through the stats and I think the last time the Wings had a point leader under 25 (at season's end) was Fedorov in 1993-1994. He would have been age 24 when he lead the team with 120 points. So if Mantha or Larkin lead the Wings in points this season, it will be the first time in 24 years someone that young has done it.

Last edited:

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Regarding Green: http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2017/11/15/mike-green-detroit-red-wings/865719001/

"Green’s play makes him valuable to the Wings beyond what he does for them on the ice. He is certain to be attractive to a contender around the Feb. 26 trade deadline; in fact the Wings might well get a good enough offer to bite even if they are in the playoff picture themselves. Last March, defenseman Brendan Smith yielded second- and third-round draft picks, and he’s got nowhere near the offensive skills Green does."

Sounds promising! But we'll see..

Reactions: martinez

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I remember being really hyped for Bert after seeing him play in the 2016 preseason. I want him up ASAP, he can definitely be a bottom 6er but I think he's got potential to be a complimentary guy in the top 6 as well. High IQ/awarness, will be able to play well with the likes offensive drivers such as Mantha & Larkin

Reactions: 21 Savage

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah he's been pretty useless this year. Beat Brower's head in for doing that to Abby.

Punching a guy down and out was what got Witkowski after Mantha last year. I hope Brouwer goes, because he should he land two or three big shots with Abby down on his knees. That is dirty and he better answer the bell if asked tonight.

With Lack in the Wings really should win this game. He is a bottom five tender in the league in my opinion. We need to take advantage.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Probably gonna be a 3 line game with Glenny rotating.

Honestly the 11 F night was interesting as it looks like a way for Blashill to feed more ice-time to the young guys we all hope are developing. I don't mind shortening the rotation this year if I think it develops Larkin, Mantha and AA more. Plus it helps take the load off our D by having another D-man. They might all stink but they aren't playing big minutes in that scenario

Reactions: Ezekial

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad