GDT: 11/15/16 - Flames @ Wild - 7 PM CT / 3 AM Suomi - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I feel heartily sorry for the folks that paid for $50+ tickets, $10+ parking and $10 beers to watch that mess. Renting Slapshot and buying a 4 pack of Surly would have been a much better allocation of entertainment dollars, and more fun too.

I don't feel sorry it was hockey fights cancer night.

Last edited:

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
Honestly wasn't really that disappointed with how they played. A couple posts as people pointed out as well as the early game shift where they had two or three chances right off the bat. If you put one of those in it changes the game obviously. My biggest gripe with this team right now is 1. the lack of movement on the pp and 2. the perimiter offense that is afraid to do anything with the puck other than pass it up to the D who then throw it back into the corner. I think these are similar problems. Not sure why the team is so surprised they don't score when they don't go to the net or the middle of the ice. Coyle did it a few times and Reily and Suter are ok at finding room from the point but so many times players either shot it from the half wall off the side of the net or a D man shot it right into the shins/stick of the opposing forward. Just my two cents

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im not just talking about one game, i see a pattern developing i dont like. can they make another mad scramble playoff push then run outta gas in the playoffs again? sure. i want more from this team. i want positive results! haven't we waited long enough?

Goose312

May 15, 2015
im not just talking about one game, i see a pattern developing i dont like. can they make another mad scramble playoff push then run outta gas in the playoffs again? sure. i want more from this team. i want positive results! haven't we waited long enough?

Well it's November, they're 2nd in the central by percentage of points gained, and are weathering some pretty heavy injury storms. They were the far better team last night, hit 3 posts and had quality chances roll over sticks or just out of reach. It's not like they are playing typical "swoon" hockey, they are regressing from some high puck luck.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
you can laugh all you want but i feel the same way. my point , we dont look like a hungry cup contender. this team fletch built it looks like we're gonna have to wait for the next wave of talent to hopefully take the next step.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Calgary's bus full of supermodels in need of body oiling pulled up to the Xcel where our own Harrise and Lloydvu were only too happy to help out by directing them to Arizona.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
according to another thread we slashed gaudreau several times & broke his finger. any thoughts on that? http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2150937

Initial reaction: It sucks, but that's hockey.

I didn't get to see the game so I have no idea if any were malicious or anything of that nature. If it were anything like a two-handed baseball swing I'd feel more inclined to be sympathetic.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Didn't see the game but sounds like Wild aren't boring trappers anymore, they're dirty slashers nowadays. That's something I guess.

Sorry to hear Gaudreau was hurt though. And I do not like slashing, to be honest.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Ridiculous. I know he's their best player and all but c'mon.....it's hockey. Of course guys get hit in the hand. I can only imagine how many times a game Parise gets hit in the hands....but I've never counted like Flames fans apparently do.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis

I didn't get to see the game so I have no idea if any were malicious or anything of that nature. If it were anything like a two-handed baseball swing I'd feel more inclined to be sympathetic.

Malicious? No, but there were definitely a couple meant to give him alligator arms.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
Malicious? No, but there were definitely a couple meant to give him alligator arms.

Exactly. Nobody went out of their way to slash him with any sort of intent to injury. From what it sounds like. Does it suck that he was hurt? Yes, but it sounds like it happened from a hockey play?

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota

The refs mishandled the game and allowed it to get out of control.

The Wild felt there was a clear penalty on Haula in the 2nd (debatable on replay), immediately after that Parise was called for a penalty and was pissed about it.

Following that the Wild started getting nailed for penalties left and right, refs got overwhelmed with boo's and significant disagreement from players and became reluctant to call more penalties.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
WILD are officially the Broad Street Bullies of the decade. It is obvious by looking at our roster and last night's line up, that our ONLY game plan this season is to maim and disfigure our opponents. I heard Fletcher has calls out to Chris Simon and Oglethorpe to get them to sign to be on our 1st line with that KHL guy who attacked the entire team this summer.

3-russian-junior-player-dive-hockey-dive-gifs.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Y'know what they say... If everybody likes you, you're doing something wrong.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Suter's looked really bad to me-- two-handed and no puck in sight. Not at all something I've noticed him doing before.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
Suter's looked really bad to me-- two-handed and no puck in sight. Not at all something I've noticed him doing before.

I honestly didn't think it was THAT bad. The force did seem all that strong, but that's just me.

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
This is a non-story if Gaudreau doesn't get hurt. Unfortunately chops on the hands/wrist happen all the time in hockey. It sucks but it's honestly just part of the game as you get older. I don't think the refs are going to suddenly start calling every single slash that happens in a game..

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
This is a non-story if Gaudreau doesn't get hurt. Unfortunately chops on the hands/wrist happen all the time in hockey. It sucks but it's honestly just part of the game as you get older. I don't think the refs are going to suddenly start calling every single slash that happens in a game..

That's what I was thinking. Also, they're acting like someone killed their grandma.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It was an odd game. The refs seemed to be the cause of game turning to a more physical as opposed to skill game. Isn't supposed to be the other way around?

Not implying the Refs were the reason the Wild lost. Not scoring a single goal is why they lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad