GDT: 11/14 Game 16: Bear vs. Octopi BRUINS vs. Detroit Red Wings 7pm ET NESN NHLN 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
neither has played particularly well but I`d still go with the more mobile D-man against the Wings..

Getting tired of K Miller

1 problem in this is Clode's refusal to try to help RD side, LD can be a strength but RD is the weakest in the league.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I wonder if Joe Morrow is fighting through an injury or is still feeling the lingering effects from being so sick and that's why he's out of the line up?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
No Rene tonight - rare he misses 2 games in a row

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20152016/[email protected]?1447529678000

Referees Tom Kowal (32), Frederick L'Ecuyer (17)
Linesmen Bryan Pancich (94), Steve Miller (89)

Ntl. Anthem Emma Joanis

TONIGHT’S GAME
- The Bruins host the Red Wings tonight in the 1st of 4 games between these teams this season and the 1st of 2 of this season’s series at TD Garden … The Bruins are 7-7-1 overall and are 1-5-1 on home ice … They are 2-3-0 vs. Atlantic Division teams and are 4-4-1 vs. Eastern Conference opponents.

- The Bruins are playing game 2 tonight of a 5-game home stand (0-1-0), which is their longest such stretch of the season.

- The Bruins are wearing their third uniform system tonight for the 2nd of 13 games this season (0-1-0 so far).

BOSTON vs. DETROIT, LIFETIME SERIES
- The Bruins and Red Wings are meeting for the 589th time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 240-250-95-3 record and 1,769-1,759 scoring edge in those games.
- The Bruins are 158-92-43-2 in their 295 home games of this lifetime series with a 1,031-783 scoring advantage in those contests.

- The Bruins have won their last 4 games vs. the Red Wings following a 1-7-1 stretch against Detroit and they are 11-8-3 in their last 22 overall in this lifetime series … They have won their last 2 home games vs. Detroit and are now 5-3-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Red Wings on home ice.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
At this point I'm not even sure it's a matter of Morrow severely outplaying Miller or anything. I just see it as the older guy who's played what, 3 seasons now, vs. the younger with less than 50 games under his belt. Morrow can still develop into something better from his mistakes. Maybe some of you disagree, but I don't see K. Miller being more than a 5-6. I do think he's better than he's been playing recently and needs true 5-6 minutes, but I just think you need to give Morrow the chance the develop.

If we're going to suck, I want to at least suck with the kids in the lineup.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
At this point I'm not even sure it's a matter of Morrow severely outplaying Miller or anything. I just see it as the older guy who's played what, 3 seasons now, vs. the younger with less than 50 games under his belt. Morrow can still develop into something better from his mistakes. Maybe some of you disagree, but I don't see K. Miller being more than a 5-6. I do think he's better than he's been playing recently and needs true 5-6 minutes, but I just think you need to give Morrow the chance the develop.

Miller is also a UFA at the end of the season. You'd have to think it's unlikely he's retained. No reason not to see what you have in Morrow. He came out of camp playing great hockey.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
This is starting to look eerily similar to last season....5 game win streak, 3 game lose streak, look better and win next game, look awful the next and lose in Reg. They need to sort this out or sell sell sell.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

It's probably just a case of easing Seids back into the line-up on the side he's played more. A few games in the press box isn't going to hurt Morrow's development. It's actually probably good for him to watch a game or two. Just part of the learning process. It's a long season and he'll get his minutes.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Yeah, sorry but who didn't see that coming? He may be "injured" but they win tonight and Miller won't be back in. Claude is slowly doing what we all expect, take out the highly touted prospects because he has a soft spot for players like himself. Players that had to work real hard to try and stay in the league

I heard there was a second coach behind the grassy knoll. :amazed:

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Can't blame Clode for sitting Chiller, even if it is just precautionary; I'd rather drop one game, even against a divisional rival who's competing for our WC spot. It's better than having Miller out for the whole season.

I actually hope Rask starts. These home games are like one of those old pull-start lawnmowers - we just need to keep tugging on the cord until it finally starts. So far, the engine's just been turning and turning, with no results. The sooner we get the Raskmower started, the better. Plus, the "Rask isn't winning at home" meme must be wearing on him - the sooner we get rid of that, the better for his own sanity.

Fun fact: Datsyuk is 2 goals away from 300. Given our track record with other teams celebrating milestones on our ice, I'm nervous.

LOL. First Bergy with the weed wacker, and now the Raskmower! Love it.

Fits with the "grass is greener" philosophy that often sprouts up around here. :laugh:

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Anyone can explain to me why K.Miller is still in our lineup and to make it worst, on the top pairing?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
12241656_10207259051487289_4345983534552803541_n.jpg

12120088_10207259054567366_514553357015809505_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad