GDT: 11/14 Game 16: Bear vs. Octopi BRUINS vs. Detroit Red Wings 7pm ET NESN NHLN 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Chara and Trotman have played well together in the past so we shall see.

No speed in the D group, haven't even tried to help RD, don't like it at all.
Seids should have been put to RD and Morrow to LD to bring skating.

Atleast Colin isn't really injured, they want to play it safe and rest him.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Clode being Clode.

Anywho saw the old best tandem goalie thread on the main page and miss the Thomas/Rask combo, now who knows what we have in net.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not only Morrow, but also Colin Miller against a speedy, skilled Detroit squad. Good grief, Julien.

So have Chara and Colin Miller.

They are taking it safe with Colin, he could play but I guess Pasta fiasco taught them something.

But I'll laugh if this ends up in Trotman taking his spot somehow, because we all know Kevan won't sit so the battle is between Colin/Trotman and Colin should clearly play over him, but Trotman should play over Kevan.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
It would be really nice if Trotman pushed K. Miller out, I really hope C. Miller wouldn't be the casualty if Trotman wins a spot.

On another note I like the lines with Marchand on Spooner's wing. I think Marchand will help Spooner's game and the added responsibility will be good for Marchand. I expect our offense to look impotent for awhile but once Julien figures out K. Miller isn't a top 6 d man and the d solidifies itself I expect the offense to sort itself out. I think towards the end of the season we will look a lot more potent than we do now while the d is figuring itself out.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Yeah, sorry but who didn't see that coming? He may be "injured" but they win tonight and Miller won't be back in. Claude is slowly doing what we all expect, take out the highly touted prospects because he has a soft spot for players like himself. Players that had to work real hard to try and stay in the league

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
So we're playing the 5 slowest defensemen on the team and sitting the 2 fastest defensemen on the team, against a fast skating team?

Makes no sense.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Can't blame Clode for sitting Chiller, even if it is just precautionary; I'd rather drop one game, even against a divisional rival who's competing for our WC spot. It's better than having Miller out for the whole season.

I actually hope Rask starts. These home games are like one of those old pull-start lawnmowers - we just need to keep tugging on the cord until it finally starts. So far, the engine's just been turning and turning, with no results. The sooner we get the Raskmower started, the better. Plus, the "Rask isn't winning at home" meme must be wearing on him - the sooner we get rid of that, the better for his own sanity.

Fun fact: Datsyuk is 2 goals away from 300. Given our track record with other teams celebrating milestones on our ice, I'm nervous.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Can't blame Clode for sitting Chiller, even if it is just precautionary; I'd rather drop one game, even against a divisional rival who's competing for our WC spot. It's better than having Miller out for the whole season.

I actually hope Rask starts. These home games are like one of those old pull-start lawnmowers - we just need to keep tugging on the cord until it finally starts. So far, the engine's just been turning and turning, with no results. The sooner we get the Raskmower started, the better. Plus, the "Rask isn't winning at home" meme must be wearing on him - the sooner we get rid of that, the better for his own sanity.

Fun fact: Datsyuk is 2 goals away from 300. Given our track record with other teams celebrating milestones on our ice, I'm nervous.

So the B`s will "drop" this game becaue Miller is out?

Lottery numbers please:popcorn:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
So the B`s will "drop" this game becaue Miller is out?

Lottery numbers please:popcorn:

I didn't phrase that quite right. They're a worse team without Miller. (Well, one of the Millers.) The expected number of points they'll take from this game goes down when they sit Colin, but in the long run, it's worth it, because he's got some nagging low-to-mid-grade injury that he's got to take care of.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If C. Miller is out why in the hell are we scratching Morrow? Especially in favor of Kevan ****ing Miller.

Oy vey. Clode you potato head.

neither has played particularly well but I`d still go with the more mobile D-man against the Wings..

Getting tired of K Miller

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I didn't phrase that quite right. They're a worse team without Miller. (Well, one of the Millers.) The expected number of points they'll take from this game goes down when they sit Colin, but in the long run, it's worth it, because he's got some nagging low-to-mid-grade injury that he's got to take care of.

thx for clarifying

No need to rush him or anyone else back into the lineup if they aren`t 100% ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad