Pre-Game Talk: 11/14 | Bruins Shuffle Off to Buffalo | Bruins @ Sabres | 7pm ET | NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I hear all the talking heads spesk of how the bruins are tough to play against. That we are a hard tough team. But it in hfboards land many fans dont see that. I think for the most part we are a hard tough team. What am i missing?

I would say they're hard to play against in the sense that they're very consistent, to use the cliche, they 'roll 4 lines' really well most nights so they keep the pressure on, and most of the time they hold their structure defensively and are hard to break down. When teams play the Bs they know they're in for a battle where they'll need to earn their chances and won't get many freebies. I see more of that than them being physically intimidating or hard-hitting.

There's different ways of being tough and the Bruins have their chosen brand, I guess, and it doesn't go unnoticed by opponents. Whether they need more of other types of toughness is an open question.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Nice, bag skate 88 a bit extra after his sad effort he put up in Montreal

Must have ate too much poutine
Is that what the kids are calling it now?

Still waiting for Danton Heinen to show me something. Has he been bad? Eh, has he been good? Eh.

Guy is the most vanilla player ive ever seen.
I don't know, I heard that when a Hab checked him the other night he broke a nail.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I hear all the talking heads spesk of how the bruins are tough to play against. That we are a hard tough team. But it in hfboards land many fans dont see that. I think for the most part we are a hard tough team. What am i missing?
Don't you have your own opinion? I mean, the "talking heads" and us here? What are your thoughts/opinions? You usually have good ones.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Capitals called up Hunter Shepard from the AHL as a backup.
Is it just me but when I saw his pic in Fantasy Hockey.....

Screenshot_20231113-191126-863.png
Screenshot_20231113-191558-575.png

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
While I agree with your criticisms of Buffalo, I noticed better coverage the last two games before Pittsburgh....It looked like a combination of man and zone with actual layers. Their d is healthier too...I expect another rough one.
Their coverage was better, I'd agree with that, but they fold if you're physical. You can drive through most of their players using the body, own the net front, and pretty much keep them to the outside.

They have snipers though, so if we don't play hard for 60 we could blow it. Not a good team to try to hold a one goal lead on. Best to bury them early and then they fold and quit.

Reactions: BMC and bruins19

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Don't you have your own opinion? I mean, the "talking heads" and us here? What are your thoughts/opinions? You usually have good ones.
I do think we are tough to play against. I was looking to see why some fans dont. I see some think we are weak in defending the net front which i disagree with.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Probably gonna get our asses kicked.

The Sabres are twice the team the Bruins are. Way faster. Way tougher. Really putting it all together at just the perfect time.

Gonna be a long night.
They are 7-7-1 and are upside down on goals for vs. goals against. Twice the team Boston is? Twice?? Did the French Connection line come back? Hasek in goal? Jack Eichel is in Las Vegas. I will take my chances.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
They are 7-7-1 and are upside down on goals for vs. goals against. Twice the team Boston is? Twice?? Did the French Connection line come back? Hasek in goal? Jack Eichel is in Las Vegas. I will take my chances.
Hey you don't have to be a great team to beat these loser Bruins. Slowest team in the NHL. Probably the easiest team to push around as well. Sure we have some talent, but its all at the top of the roster. Shut down the top line, the rest are useless.

Wait until our goaltenders' luck runs out. So too will the Bruins'. Probably starts against the Sabres.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Hey you don't have to be a great team to beat these loser Bruins. Slowest team in the NHL. Probably the easiest team to push around as well. Sure we have some talent, but its all at the top of the roster. Shut down the top line, the rest are useless.

Wait until our goaltenders' luck runs out. So too will the Bruins'. Probably starts against the Sabres.
Too early to “send women and children to the lifeboats” or “Surrender, Dorothy.”

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Is this your new coping mechanism?

I’m probably missing this one. I have an early bed time due to an early flight tomorrow morning. If I’m not seeing my eylids by 7:30 at the absolute latest it’s going to be a rough day of travel.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Still waiting for Danton Heinen to show me something. Has he been bad? Eh, has he been good? Eh.

Guy is the most vanilla player ive ever seen.

You don’t like the finer details in hockey eh?

DeBrusk with a hatty tonight :naughty:

Goaltending “luck” will run out when swayman or Ullmark pulls a hammy and the other gets overworked.

“In my experience there’s no such thing as luck” - Jedi Master Tuukka Rask

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
B's have the least regulation losses in the NHL and 6 less than the Sabres . No worries if we bring our A game.

Game #15 last year was in Buffalo with Boston winning behind some pretty decent
net minding from Keith Kinkaid.

Highlight reel goals were scored in that game by Tage Thompson and
Patrice Bergeron (2 goals in game).

Don't need a 3rd loss in 4 games against the '23 DNQ triumvirate of Detroit, Montreal
and Buffalo. I expect max effort the next two games. Buffalo will be looking to make a statement against Boston, especially after the embarrassing effort they displayed
against Pittsburgh.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Did not like what I’ve seen from Beecher the last 2 games. Seems he scores his goal and is taking his foot off the gas. He won his spot but by no means should he feel safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad