Pre-Game Talk: 11/14 | Bruins Shuffle Off to Buffalo | Bruins @ Sabres | 7pm ET | NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Going to be in the air tonight as I wing my way back to Boston. I’m just finishing my breakfast (10:44 here), but the guys on my job at home are picking up their tools and getting ready to go home at 2.

I don’t travel a ton, so I’m definitely not used to time zone changes. Mrs. 103 and I have had a very good time together over the past week, and I only wish the vaca. was longer. She’ll be driving back to see her folks in Arizona for another week before she flies home next Monday night.

Our dogs are going to bowl us over when they see us!

Back on topic, hopefully the Bruins can get the stench of losing to the Habs off their uniforms and get back to winning.

Nope I liked it first. :laugh:
First one to post, bruh!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Going to be in the air tonight as I wing my way back to Boston. I’m just finishing my breakfast (10:44 here), but the guys on my job at home are picking up their tools and getting ready to go home at 2.

I don’t travel a ton, so I’m definitely not used to time zone changes. Mrs. 103 and I have had a very good time together over the past week, and I only wish the vaca. was longer. She’ll be driving back to see her folks in Arizona for another week before she flies home next Monday night.

Our dogs are going to bowl us over when they see us!

Back on topic, hopefully the Bruins can get the stench of losing to the Habs off their uniforms and get back to winning.

First one to post, bruh!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Back off topic real quick, where'd you go?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tuesday, November 14 (KeyBank Center, Buffalo, NY)
- Morning skate, 11:30 a.m.

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following morning skate

- Game vs. Buffalo Sabres, 7 p.m. (TV: NESN | Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following the game

- Travel to Boston

Wednesday, November 15 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)

- Practice, 11 a.m.

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following practice

Thursday, November 16 (Boston, MA)

- No scheduled practice or media availability

Friday, November 17 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)

- Practice, 11 a.m.

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following practice

Saturday, November 18 (Warrior Ice Arena | TD Garden)

- Morning skate, 11 a.m.

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following morning skate

- Game vs. Montreal Canadiens, 7 p.m. (TD Garden | TV: NESN | Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following the game

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Monty's keeping the same starting lines for the 3rd consecutive game? He's getting lazy!

In all seriousness these combos seem to be the most logical and most likely to be effective, at least while Looch and Geekie are still out. Hopefully they put in a better showing than they did against the Habs.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Since we usually handle Buffalo in Buffalo easily, I bet we come out flat again because we expect an easy one. It is a pattern I have noticed first game versus formerly bad teams. Buffalo is starting to get it together, despite a 4-0 loss to the Pens. 4-2 Sabres. Btw Brown on defense is terrifying...

Reactions: Gordoff

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I'm not sure Buffalo is "getting it together" at all. If you give them open ice they can score and score often. They are fast and skilled BUT they are really really not physical and have a really hard time against solid structured defense. They are still horrible in net front and that's where we can destroy them. Just go to the net and most of their D will crumble. They are still a very soft team and the bottom half of their roster is not good.

Poitras should have a good game again as Buffalo doesn't know how to check.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I'm not sure Buffalo is "getting it together" at all. If you give them open ice they can score and score often. They are fast and skilled BUT they are really really not physical and have a really hard time against solid structured defense. They are still horrible in net front and that's where we can destroy them. Just go to the net and most of their D will crumble. They are still a very soft team and the bottom half of their roster is not good.

Yeah the Sabres have been underwhelming so far. The hardest hurdle in sport to get over is the one that separates a young up-and-coming fringe team from becoming a legitimate contender. Buffalo are struggling to make that jump, Ottawa's still not there yet, the Red Wings seem closest but still have to prove it through the grind of a long season.

On their day the Sabres can be dangerous, but you've described their issues well and they'll usually give up plenty of scoring opportunities the other way. If the Bruins play hard-nosed hockey and bring a good intensity they should be fine. Need to see a good response after a pretty lackluster effort in Montreal.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I hear all the talking heads spesk of how the bruins are tough to play against. That we are a hard tough team. But it in hfboards land many fans dont see that. I think for the most part we are a hard tough team. What am i missing?

I think they show flashes of being a tough team to play against, and then they lay eggs. They’re in fantastic shape in the standings obviously, but I still feel they don’t have much of an identity.

Trent Frederic to me should be playing a more physical game, especially with Lucic out. That said, I’m not too upset with his play, just that he can find a bit more consistency.

Saturday nights game against a hated rival where they physically outworked and physically dominated the Bruins left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I just can’t wait until 17 is back in the lineup, at least you’d get some push back.

Teams pretty much sit in front of the Bruins net knowing they’re not going to take any abuse. Seemed like Swayman was the only one who gave a shit. It’s one the reasons I want a big, heavy, mean d-man back there who will at least knock you on your ass.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
While I agree with your criticism's of BuffaloI'm not sure Buffalo is "getting it together" at all. If you give them open ice they can score and score often. They are fast and skilled BUT they are really really not physical and have a really hard time against solid structured defense. They are still horrible in net front and that's where we can destroy them. Just go to the net and most of their D will crumble. They are still a very soft team and the bottom half of their roster is not good.

While I agree with your criticisms of Buffalo, I noticed better coverage the last two games before Pittsburgh....It looked like a combination of man and zone with actual layers. Their d is healthier too...I expect another rough one.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad