Pre-Game Talk: 11/14 | Bruins Shuffle Off to Buffalo | Bruins @ Sabres | 7pm ET | NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Steen played 8:37 and Lauko played 8:20. While Marchand/Pasta/Zacha were all over 22 minutes. Not a Beecher thing, it was a play the top line more thing. He played almost 11 mins against the Isles - same ballpark as Brown and Steen. He started 11% of his shifts in the OZ against NYI, and had zero offensive zone starts against Montreal.

How exactly has Beecher been bad the last two games? He's doing his job at 4C.

Monty went really hard after a result in regulation against the Habs. Essentially shortened the bench in the 3rd as the period progressed and repeatedly rolled the top guys. McAvoy played nearly 10 mins in that period alone, Pasta over 8, Marchand and Zacha 8 each, DeBrusk and Coyle 6 each, while Heinen, Poitras, Frederic and the 4th line all got less than 4 mins. Nothing too strange about that, although it's probably not a strategy you'd want to pursue too hard too often, and I note that yet again Freddy found himself largely sidelined when things got serious.

It did leave Pasta and co. pretty gassed for OT though - Montreal leant on its top players in the 3rd as well but not as heavily, and I think that little bit of extra juice they had left at the end was noticeable. But if the Bruins had won it in regulation that would never have mattered and Monty would have been justified in his approach. Just not to be.

Reactions: Gordoff

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I think we're getting a close one tonight. 4-3 someone in OT.

Need something out of JDB tonight, would like Heinen to show he has a pulse too.
Heinen had an outstanding shift (I think last game) . Blocked shots, threw hits, got the puck out.

With him I think with a lot of fans, it reminds me of my MIL...She wasn't a fan of mine, so all it took was one oh shit to totally ignore 100 attaboys

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Heinen had an outstanding shift (I think last game) . Blocked shots, threw hits, got the puck out.
With him I think with a lot of fans, it reminds me of my MIL...She wasn't a fan of mine, so all it took was one oh shit to totally ignore 100 attaboys
MIL?

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Capitals called up Hunter Shepard from the AHL as a backup.
Is it just me but when I saw his pic in Fantasy Hockey.....

View attachment 767828View attachment 767829

1699999823016.jpeg

or...

1699999990564.jpeg

1700000109045.jpeg

Reactions: nORRis8

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
If there is one thing I like about living on the West Coast ( although it did take a few years to get used to it ) is that even the late games are over by 10 pm. :thumbu:
Scheduled afternoon games would annoy me after a while starting at 10am but I guess there's not too many per season, but I watch NFL too so that's tough.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hope for a nice win for the Bs tonight with no more injuries (to either team).

Hey Steve, I hope the Bruins win tonight.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:
1700002599782.png

JDB gets two tonight.
That would be OK with me! I bet Jake wouldn't mind either

Reactions: caz16

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Scheduled afternoon games would annoy me after a while starting at 10am but I guess there's not too many per season, but I watch NFL too so that's tough.
NFL 10 am starts were particularly tough to get used especially when I was still bartending and got home early Sunday mornings so I just started PVRing them. :nod:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad