GDT: 11/13/2013 - Minnesota Wild vs Toronto Maple Leafs - 6:30 PM - FSN+/TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Alrighty, Wild hockey!

Lets get back at the Leafs. 2-0 Wild win, Parise & Pommer with the goals.

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
stupid fsn+ UGH

how the **** can people watch the wolves.... especially on tv. sheeple

I'm not a huge basketball fan, but I tune into the Wolves when the Wild aren't playing and their actually pretty entertaining to watch. They have some decent pieces in Love, Martin, and Rubio and scoring is not an issue. They will be good all year as long as they avoid the injury bug.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
I was flipping through and heard that yesterday. I get it. There's a change in demographics in the cities over the last 20-30 years and obviously losing the North Stars hurt momentum. I don't quite buy the "fragmented" argument so much as just the Wild hasn't established itself yet.

But then I shut it off because, as he often does, Barreiro was just driving the argument into the ground. You made your point, get off it and move on already.

Definitely agree. Think someone asked about this the last time Minnesota played Toronto - the Wild do not equal Minnesota hockey - and that sometimes can be forgotten. But still, playing Toronto is supposed to be a big deal. Playing the Cavs since LeBron left is as depressing as other teams playing the Wolves.

OpRedDawn*

The NBA isn't basketball. It's TMZ hype ball. It's the epitome of what's wrong with sports these days.

OpRedDawn*

Anyways, back to the hockey talk, hopefully that dude has his HQ stream again. Although, it wasn't that great last game

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I'm not a huge basketball fan, but I tune into the Wolves when the Wild aren't playing and their actually pretty entertaining to watch. They have some decent pieces in Love, Martin, and Rubio and scoring is not an issue. They will be good all year as long as they avoid the injury bug.

I would take college basketball over the NBA in a heartbeat. But I still love the Wolves. Rubio, Love, Peck, now Martin. There's a great nucleus to finally be relevant. We were still smarting over the loss of Marbury and a true point guard for years and years. Then we suffered without a shooting guard. Now we have a point guard, shooting guard, small forward and center who are some of the best in the game.

Bottom line for me is while the Vikings suck I will focus more on the Wolves. They will make the playoffs this season, mark it down, and I can't wait to see it.

However, regarding tonight, the Wild should be on given the match up!

Billy Mays Here*

What I wouldn't give to get off work early and go to this game. . .

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN

I grew up playing basketball and still love playing it but for the most part I have zero interest in the NBA.

I agree that this Wolves team is really fun to watch though, I watch them pretty much every night the Wild aren't playing. Rubio and Love are two of the most unique players in the league, Pek is a beast, Brewer is entertaining (for good and bad reasons) and Kevin Martin has far exceeded my expectations. The hype is warranted, I think they'll make the playoffs as a 6-8 seed. Typically I don't have a problem with them getting FSN over the Wild, but Cleveland over Toronto???? C'mon man

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Are those lineups you have for the Wild confirmed? I'm in charge of the GDT on our end so I just wanna make sure I'm accurate.

Btw, for Toronto, it was initially mentioned that Fraser is in the lineup while Rielly isn't, BUT Rielly may go in anyways in Ashton's or Bodie's spot so we may be dressing 7 d- men.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Are those lineups you have for the Wild confirmed? I'm in charge of the GDT on our end so I just wanna make sure I'm accurate.

Btw, for Toronto, it was initially mentioned that Fraser is in the lineup while Rielly isn't, BUT Rielly may go in anyways in Ashton's or Bodie's spot so we may be dressing 7 d- men.

Harding's sick so Backstrom will start. Everything else is close enough.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
The minus?? **** the wolves.

Also I swear to god I made almost this exact same get once when I was just starting to make gdts.

In fact when I get home later I'm going to check.

WildFinn*

LetsPlayHockey011313dl.jpg

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Thanks. As soon as I get home and have access to my photoshop I'll make the changes. Now to find a good pic of Backstrom to crop out...

Your GDT was beautiful. I laughed at the Parise part :laugh:

T4ylormade

Mar 29, 2013
Can anyone tell me what channel the game will be on ( just checked FSN 668 and the wolves are playing; what a joke). I have DirecTV if that matters!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad