GDT: 11/11/14 "We're Gonna Need A Bigger Goalie" - Sharks VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
How long has Bolland been day to day now? 3 weeks?

This team can't play a weeks worth of games without someone getting hurt, pretty annoying. At least the Kulikov injury looks minor, but that could mean 4-6 weeks with how this team handles it's players.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
why isn't pirri back? thought he was gonna play against sj! :'( him on the first with barkov and upshall would atleast be decent

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
yuck @ our top line
At least Gallant is doing what we've been asking, grit and speed on Barkov's wing.

Kopecky has been pretty good so far, he's earned bigger minutes and if Upshall can play similar to what he did in the last game, that could actually work.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
George Richards @GeorgeRichards · 5 Min. Vor 5 Minuten

Sounds like Sean Bergenheim could be back with #FlaPanthers on Friday; Dave Bolland (groin) maybe not long afterward.

"Kulikov DTD. Not expected to miss much time." Robak will be in his spot

Pirri was not skating :(

Last edited:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
At least Gallant is doing what we've been asking, grit and speed on Barkov's wing.

Kopecky has been pretty good so far, he's earned bigger minutes and if Upshall can play similar to what he did in the last game, that could actually work.

Not being a smart ass, but where's the speed? Upshall?

Rather have one of his bff in Boyes on that line, but I don't mind the juggling of the lines to see if something new clicks.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
this is what bothers me.... Moving up kopecky to a top line spot will just be bad.. could he do well yes.. but he also shouldnt be there. He succeeds at being the 4th line pest with skill... we need that 4th line to stay put... flash isnt the answer there.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
this is what bothers me.... Moving up kopecky to a top line spot will just be bad.. could he do well yes.. but he also shouldnt be there. He succeeds at being the 4th line pest with skill... we need that 4th line to stay put... flash isnt the answer there.

I agree with this, but it's likely for just one game. Gallant is trying to spark Barkov since nothing else has worked so far. I just want Pirri on that top line when he's back.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013

More of sending a message to Flash. Doesn't make sense to scratch a guy and then put him on the top line. Flash has to win a spot in the line up.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Or gallant wants to make Barky be selfish so he pairs him with bad players so that he would shoot more because he knows that it would be a waste to pass to kopy :D

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Not being a smart ass, but where's the speed? Upshall?

Rather have one of his bff in Boyes on that line, but I don't mind the juggling of the lines to see if something new clicks.
Upshall was very energetic in the last game. You don't necessarily need top end speed to be effective, when Upshall is on (like he was in the game against Flames) he's just like that.

It remains to be seen whether Upshall continues from where he left off, or regresses back to the level he was before.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Wouldn't mind a Pirri-Barkov-Upshall line, either. Just get someone who can shoot with Barkov and a hard-nosed player on his other wing.

Yea Pirri should be on Barkov's wing. Did he play on Barkov's wing last year? Cant remember.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Wouldn't mind a Pirri-Barkov-Upshall line, either. Just get someone who can shoot with Barkov and a hard-nosed player on his other wing.

I would rather keep Jokinen & Pirri together. They had good chemistry out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad