GDT: #11 - 10/30/15 | toronto maple leafs @ NEW YORK RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Where? Are you saying you can't score goals in the blue paint? Because in that case, half of Gallagher's goals should be overturned.

Rule 69.1

It also says "goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed" rendering your point about Gallagher inaccurate

In this case tonight it was not appropriate circumstances

Under 69.3

"If an attacking player establishes a significant position within the
goal crease, so as to obstruct the goalkeeper’s vision and impair his
ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be
disallowed.
For this purpose, a player “establishes a significant position within
the crease” when, in the Referee’s judgment, his body, or a
substantial portion thereof, is within the goal crease for more than an
instantaneous period of time."

This is what I believe applied tonight

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Rule 69.1

It also says "goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed" rendering your point about Gallagher inaccurate

In this case tonight it was not appropriate circumstances

So the appropriate times are when you're not touching the goalie. Rendering my original point of being allowed to camp in the blue paint without touching the goalie completely valid.

In this particular case, I just didn't think there was enough contact with Hank to warrant a no goal.

Whiskers*

Why is Fast and Krieder playing with Stepan. Krieder has been a complete bust this year and fast is not a top six forward in the NHL.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
So the appropriate times are when you're not touching the goalie. Rendering my original point of being allowed to camp in the blue paint without touching the goalie completely valid.

In this particular case, I just didn't think there was enough contact with Hank to warrant a no goal.

Nope. Read my edit and the actual rulebook. You can't just camp inside the crease if you are in the goalies' way.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Nope. Read my edit and the actual rulebook. You can't just camp inside the crease if you are in the goalies' way.

Interesting rule. I've just never seen a goal reversed for GI when you don't actually make contact with the goalie. Tonight was as close as it got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad