GDT: #11 - 10/28/18 | RANGERS @ kings | 3:30 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
neutral zone play is very bad and it's not just or even in large due to the defense. The forwards allow so many open lanes and space that the D are forced to back off. happens too frequently.

as a D myself, I hate when forwards sag and don't gap-up up the ice and force me to back up...that's what this team gets caught doing alot.

Reactions: MartyOwns

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Hank due for a 'bad' game. Team didn't pick him up.

2/3 of the team is completely invisible doing some combination of gliding, icing, or avoiding contact.

that goal means Spooner's gonna keep playing. goddamnit.

Kreider starting his annual 20 game Invisible Man impersonation early this year.

CaptBagel

May 2, 2018
Howden nam bush was the best line early then Bush gets put in the dog house or was he hurt??
Anyone see why?

Looks like Hank is all in for the tank
Thank you King

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
We look like we don't really have a plan in the O-zone, its more a case of "get the puck in and see what happens next", and we struggle to establish a decent forecheck.
Our gap control through the neutral zone into the D-zone is also still pretty suspect.

The biggest thing for me though compared to other teams in the league is that we just don't seem to care about puck possession. Not necessarily in a Corsi etc sense, but that no-one really seems to be interested in making sure we retain possession. We ice the puck a lot, we'll almost always just dump it in rather than look for an option or hold up waiting for a change, we make lazy passes that seem to be more in hope than expectation when in the O-zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad