GDT: 11/10/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Buffalo VS Tampa Bay

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
TKO was not the only contributing factor to our successful season last year. This season our top productive forward is on pace for around 50 points. Last season we had like 6 guys on pace for around 50 points or more.

Yeah they weren't the only guys scoring but was easier for other guys if TKO scored the opening goal. You could depend on them every single night so there's less pressure for other. Now who do we depend on offensively?

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Florida beats Calgary 4-3. We have Calgary next and then the next 2 vs the panthers.

Everyone can score goals but our team, I mean even if we wouldn't win it would be nice to see them score more than 1 goal a game now, though I prefer to win if we do.

Sad to think that by this time last season we already have two 7 goal games, and now we struggle to score once.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

No, just no, sure it wasn't a good goal to give up but Vasy was still good and the team should have scored before that.

I have no words for that.

Here I was hoping this game would be a wakeup call for them that they needs to make a plan B but I guess we won't see a change and this is the team we're going to see for a long time.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Sabre fan here. The Lightning are far too talented not to right the ship and end up one of the top teams in the conference by season end. Sooner or later the talented players are going to turn it around and start putting the puck back in the net at a ~3 goal a game pace.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Sabre fan here. The Lightning are far too talented not to right the ship and end up one of the top teams in the conference by season end. Sooner or later the talented players are going to turn it around and start putting the puck back in the net at a ~3 goal a game pace.

we have been hoping for that but almost 20 games in and nothing has changed with this team so i'm concerned.

geezerpk

Jan 15, 2015
The only take away I can offer tonight is that their Boy Wonder is better than our Boy Wonder at this point – a lot, lot better. :-(

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

No, just no, sure it wasn't a good goal to give up but Vasy was still good and the team should have scored before that.

I have no words for that.

Here I was hoping this game would be a wakeup call for them that they needs to make a plan B but I guess we won't see a change and this is the team we're going to see for a long time.

Sigh. Keep doing what you do because it obviously works. Saying you don't get the bounces after 50% of the games is just lying to yourself.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Feel bad for Vasy. Yeah he made a Bishop play but the game was lost after the Sabres scored one. And yet he's more willing to take responsibility than the guys that actually lost the game. So frustrating.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This is way worse than when Boucher was in the hot seat, at least I could go into games thinking we'd score a couple goals and have a chance, now I go into games thinking if we're going to manage a single goal. And Boucher was riding Roloson/Lindback/Garon as his starters :laugh:

Last year we overreacted when going into minislumps, that was definitely something "every team goes through" but this year a 17 game slump and sloppy hockey is unacceptable. Tampa the past 2 years have done very well in the early season racking up points before their traditional mid-season slump.

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
This is way worse than when Boucher was in the hot seat, at least I could go into games thinking we'd score a couple goals and have a chance, now I go into games thinking if we're going to manage a single goal. And Boucher was riding Roloson/Lindback/Garon as his starters :laugh:

Boucher had no goalies in Tampa period. Really what did Boucher have on defense! Cooper has a much better team then Boucher did. So yes I view this as worse!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Boucher had no goalies in Tampa period. Really what did Boucher have on defense! Cooper has a much better team then Boucher did. So yes I view this as worse!

I give credit to Cooper for "developing" some of these guys but I'd have like to see what Boucher could've done with a legit team as well, he was working with so many things against him here, goalies, defense, offensive depth...

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Fair point. My big issue with Boucher is I thought the system didn't play to the strengths of the forwards, but it was done because the D was so bad.

I'll say this - everyone thought Boucher had more rope than he did with Yzerman before he was fired. Yzerman watches the same **** we do. He knows we were a superhuman performance from Johnson away from another first round exit last season. If the system isn't working, if the players aren't buying in, if the blue chip young players aren't developing...

We'll see. Boucher was fired in a 48 game season - if Cooper sucks through an 82 game season with a much much much much better roster, he might be gone.

Edit: And firing a SCF coach of a young team has happened before (see, e.g. Michel Therrien in Pitt '08-'09).

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Fair point. My big issue with Boucher is I thought the system didn't play to the strengths of the forwards, but it was done because the D was so bad.

I'll say this - everyone thought Boucher had more rope than he did with Yzerman before he was fired. Yzerman watches the same **** we do. He knows we were a superhuman performance from Johnson away from another first round exit last season. If the system isn't working, if the players aren't buying in, if the blue chip young players aren't developing...

We'll see. Boucher was fired in a 48 game season - if Cooper sucks through an 82 game season with a much much much much better roster, he might be gone.

Edit: And firing a SCF coach of a young team has happened before (see, e.g. Michel Therrien in Pitt '08-'09).

I don't cooper gets fired but with yzerman you never really know what he will do

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Boucher had a lot of rope because there were glaring holes in the lineup, the board itself was divided on the issue, with Cooper I can't see any excuses if this season is a flop. Defense and goaltending is miles better than what Boucher had, and if you can't get this offense with the players we have going, you're doing something very wrong.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm getting pretty fed up with this team, no more "its early in the season" this is bad, no slump should last this long, they haven't looked good all season so far. Something has to change, right now its looking like a long season with a long summer because this team won't make playoffs playing like this.

We keep thinking a wake up call is coming after a loss but then nothing shows, the responses they give in the interviews and even the next game are poor and lacking big time.

Is the Stamkos contract really effecting this whole team right now?!? I'd rather ship Stammer off and have the team back to its old ways then try to play like this the rest of the season with the contract held above their heads.

How their acting/playing is just disappointing and frustrating with the amount of talent on this team. They lost to Buffalo, Tampa was considered one of the top teams, they shouldn't be having a difficult time with hardly any other team in the league. Sure theres off nights here and there but not for 17 games straight.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Thank god I missed the game but can anyone give me a quick run down? Any difference from other losses?

Stammer would get totally ripped in Toronto by now, despite his recent goals.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Thank god I missed the game but can anyone give me a quick run down? Any difference from other losses?

We let in more than 2 goals. Ummm... Sustr was awful. Vasi probably wants two of those goals back.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

Imo one of the worst losses we've had in a long time. Started out with 3 1/2 minutes straight pinned in our own zone and barely improved after that. I usually find a positive in every game even the ugly ones but I don't really have anything good to say after this except that Kucherov is still putting in a solid effort. Quite possibly Sustr's worst game as a Bolt. Not a single player looked good tonight even among the few that did try. But it's worth watching if you want to see Eichel making an entire professional hockey team look like a bunch of beer leaguers.

I watched the Stars game right after this one, they lost 3-2 after a terrible 3rd and people on my Stars forum were complaining about it being a garbage game. And all I could think was "Wow they scored two goals" :cry: This TBL season is giving me very low standards for my hockey teams.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Want to know the crazy thing? We're not even bottom 5 in the league in GPG. 24th by my count.

Edit: We are near the bottom in shots/game with 27.7.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Want to know the crazy thing? We're not even bottom 5 in the league in GPG. 24th by my count.

Edit: We are near the bottom in shots/game with 27.7.

If you subtract the first 3 games when we didn't suck we'd have 26 goals in 14 games. Anaheim is ranked 30th with 25 goals in 15 games. So our current level of play is slightly better than the worst offense in the league.

Lol literally 1/3 of our total goals for the season came in the first 3 games(17% of total games played).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad