GDT: 11/1/2014 - Minnesota vs Dallas - 7 PM CT, 2 AM EET - FSN, FS-SW+

Status
Not open for further replies.

awstaf

Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I remember us playing up tempo hockey with lots of shots through the first 10 games last season too. Then for whatever reason it all stopped and we reverted back to the usual low-scoring dump-and-chase Wild. Hopefully this season we don't have that relapse again.

If I remember correctly there were a few injuries that made the Wild revert back to its dump and chase tactic. With the depth the Wild have this year, I cant see injuries changing their puck possession style of play. They have guys that can plug right in and play the way they are supposed to.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Well Scandella has turned into my favorite Wild player.

Guy can do it all. He has a slapper, he is big and tough(ish), can skate very well, and plays defense well. Comes to the aid of our guys and is just steady night to night. And is 24 years young. We may get another 8 years out of this guy.

If he continues to play the way he is i wonder how much money he will get? He is playing like a 1st pairing defenseman at the moment. Hope he we do sign him and doesn't go free agency route

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
PP goal? No way.

Vanek's first goal. Dumba's first goal. Granlund's first goal.

That's the start of an avalanche. WILD'S GONNA BE MONSTER THIS YEAR! :yo:

2nd in West, 1st in Central. #Dynasty :sarcasm:

Better get used to it :sarcasm:

Zucker with a career high 18:55 TOI

He definitely has earned it. No way that man will go down again :handclap:

They play as a 5 man unit as well as any team i have watched in a long time.

NHL's Team Finland :laugh:

Cycle, cycle, cycle and good goaltending. Well, Wild score more often, though. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
I remember us playing up tempo hockey with lots of shots through the first 10 games last season too. Then for whatever reason it all stopped and we reverted back to the usual low-scoring dump-and-chase Wild. Hopefully this season we don't have that relapse again.

That's exactly how I saw things early on last year, but IIRC when we played the Leafs we totally dominated them in shots and everything else but we still lost. I'm not sure if it was because of injuries or the growing criticism that even though we were dominating in the # of shots that the quality of those shots were considered as being low percentage shots, and we weren't winning games playing an aggressive style. I think that's when Yeo decided to go back to his defensive style of play. I was bummed because I thought that was the most exciting hockey from the Wild I had seen in along time.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
So I fell asleep before the game and just woke up. Did I miss anything?

Granny, Dumba, Vanek got their first goals of the year. Koivu with his first assist of the year. 2 PPG's.

So.. Yes.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Just finished watching the game (had some crap come up tonight that forced me to DVR it), and damn, that's a beauty. We looked pretty evenly matched in the 1st, but then we found our groove in the 2nd and that was all she wrote.

Feels ****ing good to get a couple powerplay goals finally. And one for Vanek. And nice job FSN not letting us see Dumba's goal live :laugh:

Also Benn is a neanderthal. Thanks for the powerplay goals, LOSER.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Just finished watching the game (had some crap come up tonight that forced me to DVR it), and damn, that's a beauty. We looked pretty evenly matched in the 1st, but then we found our groove in the 2nd and that was all she wrote.

Feels ****ing good to get a couple powerplay goals finally. And one for Vanek. And nice job FSN not letting us see Dumba's goal live :laugh:

Also Benn is a neanderthal. Thanks for the powerplay goals, LOSER.

Of everything I've seen of the Stars' leaders, I've not been impressed. I kinda feel they have poor leadership there.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
That was a fun one to watch!

I did get a little nervous after the first with just how many chances we were giving them, but the boys showed up well in the second. This is so much better than a couple years ago when you could just fast forward through the second period because you know we would suck and look like crap!

Oh yeah, and Benn's a ******. Always has benn and always will be;) I think I saw a tear on his cheek as we scored a second time while he sat there, watching, being the little ****** that he is.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
It's just really fun to watch how active the defensemen are in the game right now. They're getting up the ice to support and sometimes start the rush. And they're active in the forecheck as well. Something we've really never seen in the history of this organization. In fairness though, they've never had this type of talent on the back end to work with...

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
It's just really fun to watch how active the defensemen are in the game right now. They're getting up the ice to support and sometimes start the rush. And they're active in the forecheck as well. Something we've really never seen in the history of this organization. In fairness though, they've never had this type of talent on the back end to work with...

Perfect example that comes to mind for me was when Scandella drove the net... while on a PK! Can't remember what game this happened, but I immediately jumped up from the touch and started babbling incoherently. Such an awesome sequence. :laugh:

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
I think the games Dallas has played against us and Anaheim have really exposed their weaknesses. If you shut down their top line they don't have the scoring depth to make up for it and they don't have the defense to grind out low scoring victories against top teams. They are still a good hockey team and will almost certainly make the playoffs but they are built for the regular season.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
first period pretty even, after that all wild even if the refs let dallas get away with several penalties. good win for the crowd. 7-3 isnt bad against the pretty strong competition we've faced.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Our team balance is just so fantastic right now. The only period of hockey we've played poorly so far is the 3rd in NY, and the finger for that one is pointed internally, not on anything that team did to "solve" us. Love how we were still trying to score in the closing seconds of a 4-1 game. **** Benn. If that's who they want as the face of the franchise **** the Stars too...they don't have the balls nor the skill to back that **** up over a whole season. Wonder what the reaction would have been if someone took a baseball swing at Seguin.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
domination of a game...........lets beat the snot out of pittsburgh now

Sounds like they may be the biggest challenge out East. I won't be too disappointed if we lose, but I'll be thrilled if we steal some points from them.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
That ****ing hack'n'slash by Benn was bad, like real bad.

Woah. Did he even get a penalty? I love how he gives the, 'What did I do?' look right after he clearly two handed him intentionally.

Props to Zucker for being a beast. Dat speed.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I missed that Benn slash last night. Just watched the video. That was ridiculous. Could've really hurt him. Benn isn't really known as a player who handles his emotions or frustrations in a responsible way, but that was pretty surprising how blatant that was. But I guess as long as we "employ Matt Cooke" we aren't allowed to judge that kind of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad