Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Dallas fan chiming in.

I told you guys you would win. Now I know we aren't the best of friends, but you guys have a really good team.

Much luck yeah?
Still strange being in the same division with you guys now. May not be BFF's, but how about we agree to keep the Avs in the back of line?

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Still strange being in the same division with you guys now. May not be BFF's, but how about we agree to keep the Avs in the back of line?

Agreed! But I'll never get over stupid Norm Green taking our team to Dallas. Feels great to thoroughly beat the Stars down!

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
@RussoStrib: #mnwild, now atop Central, ranks 3rd in goals per game, 2nd in shots per game, 1st in goals allowed per game, 1st in shots allowed per game

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Well Scandella has turned into my favorite Wild player.

Guy can do it all. He has a slapper, he is big and tough(ish), can skate very well, and plays defense well. Comes to the aid of our guys and is just steady night to night. And is 24 years young. We may get another 8 years out of this guy.

Billy Mays Here*

I remember us playing up tempo hockey with lots of shots through the first 10 games last season too. Then for whatever reason it all stopped and we reverted back to the usual low-scoring dump-and-chase Wild. Hopefully this season we don't have that relapse again.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Real solid win against a team that routinely has our number. Again, strong puck possession. I'm worried about the defensive breakdowns in the first couple periods, mainly giving up quality shots off the rush. But the Wild recovered nicely.

Great to see a PP goal, and Vanek pot one as well. I saw good things like feet moving on the PP and Dumba looked fantastic at the point.

Some players/lines were quiet for much of the night, but with this kind of depth, they can still score and win games.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I remember us playing up tempo hockey with lots of shots through the first 10 games last season too. Then for whatever reason it all stopped and we reverted back to the usual low-scoring dump-and-chase Wild. Hopefully this season we don't have that relapse again.

We did, yes...but they were NEVER like what we've seen this year! This team is unreal!

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
We did, yes...but they were NEVER like what we've seen this year! This team is unreal!

I know not to get my hopes too high for Minnesota sports teams but this team excites me, I can't help it. A core of young players who have played together for a while. I think Yeo even coached a good number of them in the minors so they know the system like the back of their hand. Combine that with good veteran leadership and I am giddy about the possibilities.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

Through 10 games last year we were 4-3-3. Shots were 305 to 212 (this year they are 350 to 228). We were at a goal differential of +1 last season, at +17 this. Shot differential is similar but our record and goal differential especially is much better.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012

Right on - this team could be 10-0. SJ was the only win that was contested, but the losses were all pretty much advantage Wild for most of the game.

They play as a 5 man unit as well as any team i have watched in a long time.

Once they have Suter, Brodin, Scandella, Spurgeon, Folin, Dumba playing regularly, watch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce