Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Russo

Yeo says some guys in the team are just doing the "minimum." He basically said it's time for them to deliver

Kinda verifies Suter's comment from the last game about how they just came out against the Pens casually expecting to get a win. Looks like many didn't learn a lesson that night. What's concerning regarding Yeo's comment is that this is something you usually see from players mid-season or late in the year when they start to get tired and beat up. We're barely into the freaking season and guys aren't working hard. Heads need to roll.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Russo

Kinda verifies Suter's comment from the last game about how they just came out against the Pens casually expecting to get a win. Looks like many didn't learn a lesson that night. What's concerning regarding Yeo's comment is that this is something you usually see from players mid-season or later in the year when they start to get tired and beat up. We're barely into the freaking season and guys aren't working hard. Heads need to roll.

methinks a bag skate might be in order?

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Russo

Kinda verifies Suter's comment from the last game about how they just came out against the Pens casually expecting to get a win. Looks like many didn't learn a lesson that night. What's concerning regarding Yeo's comment is that this is something you usually see from players mid-season or late in the year when they start to get tired and beat up. We're barely into the freaking season and guys aren't working hard. Heads need to roll.

So much for drafting based on character, eh? Played pretty gutlessly the last two games.

But honestly, I would rather this happen now against Eastern Conference teams early in the season instead of a mid-to-late-season meltdown against divisional opponents.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Yeo unloading on the refs in the presser. His take on the Scandella penalty is the same as mine. That was the turning point in the game.

What did he say?

Also, remind me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Walz a big factor in getting Stamkos to start being as good as he is in TB now?

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Terrible game again.

I watched the game mostly on fast forward, then started re-watching the game to count scoring chances. To me, it looked like the Wild were slow, especially entering the OZ, and were content to play on the boards and take low-percentage cross-ice passes that were almost always cut off. The Sens were much more likely to go to the middle of the ice with the puck and get a clean shot off. I would say part of that was the Sens playing a smart defensive game keeping the Wild to the outside while the Wild were caught trying to stretch the ice.

I know the shots blah blah blah, I counted 12 scoring chances for the Wild and 13 for Ottawa. Again, from what I saw, the Wild had a bunch of low percentage shots from the boards and even at center ice, while Ottawa had a good number of odd man situations with clearer lanes including some clean shots from the middle of the ice

This team is going to sink real fast if they can't figure out the PP. I know they get their shot advantage 5v5 and right now that's the fashionable thing to do, but the PP is still a part of the game, and they are terrible at it. Just nothing going.

I will say this. By far the best player on the ice was Mikko, who was shooting the puck as much as anyone else and a force around the net. Zucker had some great chances until he went quiet in the third. Granlund line also buzzed a bit first two periods but disappeared in the third.

On defense, I saw Suter cheating up a lot and playing with pretty much everyone else on the blueline as his partner. Dumba was very hit or miss. Prosser mostly invisible or miss. Scandella was leading the rush quite a bit. Reminds me of Burns. Folin had a quiet night.

Net scoring chances (all situations):

Coyle +2
Koivu +5
Fontaine -1
Zucker +2
Carter -3
Veilleux -3
Brodziak -3
Nino +1
Vanek 0
Pommer +3
Haula -1
Granlund +1

Folin -3
Scandella -2
Suter +3
Brodin +2
Prosser -4
Dumba -1

Slick Willy*

The Koivu Coyle Zucker line looked they were playing on the fricken power play whenever they were on the ice. That line looks real good at least to me. Maybe others here have other opinions on it.

Outside of that the team didn't look too good. Noticably gone were Spurgeon and Parise. Would not hurt to have Cooke back either.

Some turds for goals let up but we just couldn't score any way.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
They hit three goal posts. Haula Dumba Zucker. Also folin is not flashy defensemen I think the less you notice him the better.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
where is all the leadership from the vets like koivu? i dont care if we outshoot the bad guys 100 - 1, a loss is a loss. sure the refs hosed us but we should have beat that team if we're as good as everyone says we are. (and dont need improvements) ps we all know backs is over the hill so dont blame the loss on him.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
where is all the leadership from the vets like koivu? i dont care if we outshoot the bad guys 100 - 1, a loss is a loss. sure the refs hosed us but we should have beat that team if we're as good as everyone says we are. (and dont need improvements) ps we all know backs is over the hill so dont blame the loss on him.

Koivu had six shots last night and got robbed by anderson on one of them his line was the only that could sustain pressure in the offensive zone. So it's is fault the rest of the team couldn't do the same thing and that Scandella took that penalty got it.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
your missing my point, i'm not talking about did he show up and play last night, im talking about did he rally the troops!

How were supposed to know we're not in the lockerroom. Stop jumping to conclusions.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Wondering who Yeo is referring to as the guys who are doing the, "minimum". For sure I think we rule out Zuck, Koivu, Coyle, Suter, Brodin, Scandella.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
Wondering who Yeo is referring to as the guys who are doing the, "minimum". For sure I think we rule out Zuck, Koivu, Coyle, Suter, Brodin, Scandella.

I don't think it rules out Coyle. I would imagine Vanek, Granny, Pommer, Coyle..

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Haula isn't noticeable at all. Worried that the hit to the head is still affecting him... He strikes me as an effort guy, normally.

I thought Nino looked ok... He got 5 min. less TOI than Coyle, 7 min. less than Vanek. Hard to criticize him for not showing up when he isn't given the chance to show up. Coyle did a man's work down low in the O zone, winning one on one battles, and sometimes one on two battles.

I've never been thrilled with Pominville's game. As long as he scores I guess I have to shut up... And what's with the hair?

Vanek looks terrible. Considering the PP Time he gets and the lines he gets play on I'm not impressed with his point total. He doesn't seem to understand that his role is to be a sniper, not a facilitator. We've got facilitators coming out of our butts. That's why Zucker is such a breath of fresh air. He WANTS to score.

Last edited:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
results buddy results! pros are paid millions of $$$ to win not sit on the bench and look pretty.

Well as I pointed already that he had 6 shots and his line was the only one that could sustain offensive zone pressure.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Spanked is agressive just going through slump like every team in the nhl will do this season.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
The Koivu Coyle Zucker line looked they were playing on the fricken power play whenever they were on the ice. That line looks real good at least to me. Maybe others here have other opinions on it.

I think Zucker is a little in over his head with the higher quality of competition, especially physically. He's trying though. Other than that (and of course not scoring despite a good number of chances), it's not a bad line at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad