Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

:wild vs :sens
Storylines for the Game

20131120__131121ZUCKER.jpg

The top six is not scoring enough. The Parise/Granlund/Pominville line has gone cold. The Zucker/Koivu/Coyle line has looked good but are not scoring. Thankfully the bottom six have really stepped up, led by Thomas Vanek and Nino Niederreiter.

Sens-Preds8490.jpg

Already in this early part of the season, Ottawa has had some significant injuries woes affect their squad. Alex Chiasson, Marc Methot, Mark Borowiecki, and now Chris Phillips have all missed time. To an outside eye, none of these guys are significant impact players but when it is all added up it puts quite a dent in Ottawa's roster. The Sens need their guys back.

cooke-481139411-640x427.jpg

Much like the Senators, the Wild have already had injury problems. Matt Cooke, Erik Haula, Jonas Brodin, Ryan Carter, Jared Spurgeon, Keith Ballard, Christian Folin, and now possibly Zach Parise have all missed time or are going to. The injuries have already hindered the Wild's play and the team is going to have to rally in order to get past these woes.

928403-bobby-ryan.jpg

Bobby Ryan is a player that traditionally plays well against the Minnesota Wild. Since signing a large extension in the off-season for the Senators, Ryan has played at a sub-par level for the team while playing on the first line. He has six points in 11 games and more is expected of him at this point. Let's all hope he figures his stuff out...but not against us.

ap-wild-mike-yeo-bench-game1-blackhawks-photo-nam-y-huh.jpg

The Wild played like poo against the Penguins. By all accounts, it was a rough game. The third period showed that the Wild had some fight in them but for the most part it was a bad effort all around. Mikey needs to get the team playing back at their high level now. #Yeolo

Throw your crystal ball predictions in Gman's Inaugural Prediction Game for a shot at eternal glory

Lineups

Minnesota Wild
Mikko-Koivu-Minnesota-Wild-vs-Ottawa-Senators.jpg

7-4-0 | 14p
36GF | 22GA
2-3-0 on the Road
Last Ten: 6-4-0
Fifth place in the Central Division | Tenth place in Western Conference | Two points out of a wildcard playoff spot

Leading Scorers

Parise1.jpg

Zach Parise
11GP | 4g | 6a | 10p | +6 | 17PIM
*Will not play due to injury*

7896038.jpg

Ryan Suter
11GP | 1g | 7a | 8p | +10 | 4PIM

Buffalo+Sabres+v+Ottawa+Senators+jKecgwAUXJkx.jpg

Thomas Vanek
11GP | 1g | 7a | 8p | +1 | 2PIM

Chris+Neil+Marco+Scandella+Minnesota+Wild+0yljwsmL7Ocl.jpg

Niklas Backstrom might start
2GS | 1-1-0 | 2.52GAA | .886SV% |

Parise - Granlund - Pominville
Zucker - Koivu - Coyle
Vanek - Brodziak - Nino
Haula - Carter - Fontaine

*Pairings subject to change*
Suter - Brodin
Scandella - Prosser
Dumba - Folin

Backstrom
Kuemper

Ottawa Senators
detroit-red-wings-v-ottawa-senators4.jpg

6-3-2 | 14p
31GF | 27GA
3-0-2 at Home
Last Ten: 6-2-2
Fifth in the Atlantic Division | Sixth in Eastern Conference | Eighth and last wildcard playoff spot

Leading Scorers

458012360_218676524.jpg

Clarke MacArthur
11GP | 6g | 3a | 9p | +1 | 8PIM

asfsaf.jpg

Erik Karlsson
11GP | 4g | 5a | 9p | -7 | 2PIM

094825129a504af6889d97f9b908c935.jpg

Kyle Turris
11GP | 1g | 6a | 7p | +1 | 4PIM

1-andy.jpg

Craig Anderson will likely start
6GS | 3-2-1 | 2.15GAA | .939SV% | 1 SO

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Zibanejad - Condra
Smith - Legwand - Neil
Hoffman - Lazar - Stone

Phillips - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Wiercioch - Gryba

Anderson
Lehner

163485802_slide.jpg

team_of_18_000_by_autumnsteinmetz-d2xvxok.jpg

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Last time we were in Ottawa came after a game we got stomped in Montreal. Responded well with a 4-3 win and a Mikko game winner. Hope they respond well again there tonight.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
FIRE FIRE FIRE more fire please oops fire power. i'll always wonder if canadians started our equiptment truck on fire and to avoid an international incident they called it an accident. hmmmmm.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
We just need to play a good game. None of that crap that we brought against the Pens.

And I am curious to see how Vanek does on his new line.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
If Vanek clicks with Granlund and Pominville, so you have to keep him there? I kinda think that Parise will get his wherever he plays.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
we lost to the Penguins?! Coyle is still playing more than Nino?!
the-end-is-nigh-megaphone.jpg

Tank for...which one do we want?

we can't possibly have many more Penguins games in us this season. There will be a few and it'd be nice to get them all out of the way early but not tonight, I think.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
If Vanek clicks with Granlund and Pominville, so you have to keep him there? I kinda think that Parise will get his wherever he plays.

This is exactly right. Though as others have been saying you have to let this experiment roll more than a period or game no matter what they look like off the bat.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Michael Russo verified
Niklas Backstrom in net for #mnwild tonight

I'm psychic bruddahs.

thegoon4567

Oct 28, 2014
Yesterday Blum was on third pairing with Dumba. Which means Prosser sitting. Should be like that tonight.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
What kind of lullaby does Kuemper sing to Bäcks the night before the game?

-How do we sleep while our pads are burning

Billy Mays Here*

Heatley is gone and Cooke isn't playing. Who are the fans gonna boo now?

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
That pairing of Dumba and Prosser will have my stomach churning all game. Ones a bit brash and the other is trash. :help:

I'm somewhat exaggerating.

Laredo

Feb 26, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
That pairing of Dumba and Prosser will have my stomach churning all game. Ones a bit brash and the other is trash. :help:

I'm somewhat exaggerating.

Yeah prosser has been choking a lot lately and dumba looks sometimes selfish out there, or just not making good decisions in his passing game.

I still believe we will bounce back tonight and squeeze out a win, but that pairing does have me nauseous.

EDIT: also Vanek with Granny? YESS hopefully vanek steps his game up and puts points on the board for us

Last edited:

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Expecting Vanek-Granlund-Pominville to shine. Vanek and Pominville know each other's games like the back of their hands and Granlund and Pominville have obvious chemistry. Granlund plays the east and west, criss and crossing, probing, style of hockey that Vanek loves to play.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
This just seems like the kind of game the Wild lose year in year out.

Sorry folks, in a pessimistic mood tonight after the elections.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I feel like we're back to being mediocre after one loss + down Parise.

I think that's a good problem that I get so down after one loss now? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad