GDT: #11 – Bruins at Sabres – Thu Oct 30, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TV – WGR

Alexns05

Oct 30, 2014
Let's go Buffalo!!!

Countdown to Connor: 72 games

Hoping for a loss by 2 goals at most

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Did Murray say anything interesting on WGR?

He's still on. Not a lot "interesting". Not a lot that isn't just general rhetoric.

Only possibly meaty question so far went to Nolan's status, with host essentially saying Nolan's biggest attribute/thing going for him is his ability to motivate work ethic, etc., and asked Murray how Nolan is doing in that regard (seeing how 30% of the games were "lost badly"). Murray's response was hedging, general, talked about everyone having to improve from coaches to players, said he knew it would take time for Nolan to get thru, etc.

Zads is avail to play, not up to him to tell coaches who to play though.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Murray: Both KHL and Player (Zadorov) have to sign off on him going to London

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Murray claims would pref a big truck over a SC ring.

But of course wants name on cup more than the truck ;-)

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
Ohh, I wanna sleep so badly.. But got a feeling this will be a game where we score more than 3. :naughty:

Coffee time. :)

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Bill Hoppe ‏@BillHoppeNHL 2m2 minutes ago

Tyson Strachan on the ice for warm-ups. #Sabres

Zadorov still benched.

John Vogl ‏@BuffNewsVogl 28s28 seconds ago

Tyson Strachan will replace Andrej Meszaros in the Sabres' lineup tonight.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Stafford: Yeah for sure it's embarrassing to only have 10, 11 goals, whatever it is.

:shakehead

Seriously, he doesn't know how many goals the team has? And Nolan has really reached these guys eh? They understand how bad it is and they really, really care... They care so much about how their own team is doing that one of the so-called "top 6" isn't quite certain how many goals they've somehow managed to "rack' up.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Stafford: Yeah for sure it's embarrassing to only have 10, 11 goals, whatever it is.

Seriously, he doesn't know how many goals the team has? And Nolan has really reached these guys eh? They understand how bad it is and they really, really care... They care so much about how their own team is doing that one of the so-called "top 6" isn't quite certain how many goals they've somehow managed to "rack' up.

I don't find it important to know.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Thought this was sarcasm until I finished it. You expect players to know the team goal totals? Wat. He's actually right (11) and you're still criticizing him?

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
I don't find it important to know.

We are different people.

In my world if someone truly "cares" about their situation, they know the details. I've never met a diligent student who wasn't acutely aware of their GPA 24/7, or a responsible adult asking for economic help who didn't know precisely what they had, precisely what they needed, and the difference between the two.

And anyway, we're talking a pathetic 10 goals for the entire team, aka: the reason for much of the criticism. Then there's Stafford, an apparent leader and veteran of the team, in a contract year, 12% into a contract year, with 0 goals and 4 points...

Yeah, he ought to know how FEW goals the team has scored collectively, and maybe not sound quite so flippant when talking about it being "10, 11 or whatever it is".

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Thought this was sarcasm until I finished it. You expect players to know the team goal totals? Wat. He's actually right (11) and you're still criticizing him?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?season=20142015&gameType=2&viewName=goalsFor#

Pretty sure that says 10 goals?

And yes, I kinda expect that a team this far into the season with only 10 goals collectively has a full roster of players acutely aware of their scoring difficulties...

But hey, that's just me.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
We are different people.

In my world if someone truly "cares" about their situation, they know the details. I've never met a diligent student who wasn't acutely aware of their GPA 24/7, or a responsible adult asking for economic help who didn't know precisely what they had, precisely what they needed, and the difference between the two.

And anyway, we're talking a pathetic 10 goals for the entire team, aka: the reason for much of the criticism. Then there's Stafford, an apparent leader and veteran of the team, in a contract year, 12% into a contract year, with 0 goals and 4 points...

Yeah, he ought to know how FEW goals the team has scored collectively, and maybe not sound quite so flippant when talking about it being "10, 11 or whatever it is".

"10, 11 or whatever it is" Translation ...: 10 or 11 it doesn't matter. Neither is acceptable.

moomoosoup

Oct 8, 2014

If the players were stat watching, I'd be concerned as to why they're not more focused on improving. Knowing exactly how many goals your team has isn't going to make you a better player.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?season=20142015&gameType=2&viewName=goalsFor#

Pretty sure that says 10 goals?

And yes, I kinda expect that a team this far into the season with only 10 goals collectively has a full roster of players acutely aware of their scoring difficulties...

But hey, that's just me.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20142015&sort=standingsGoalsFor&type=CON

Officially they have 11 goals for, because of the shootout winner. So, "10 or 11" is the most correct answer one can give it turns out.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
We are different people.

Are you being intentionally funny?

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
"10, 11 or whatever it is" Translation ...: 10 or 11 it doesn't matter. Neither is acceptable.

The funny thing is either could be right depending on how you count them. 11 counting the team goal awarded for a shootout win (which is what shows up in the standings), 10 if you take it out.

E: Bah, Rob beat me to it. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad