Proposal: 10th Overall + Aberg for Gallagher

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I like Kotkaniemi but if they pass on Zadina or Svechnikov that would be a huge mistake. Ik they need a center, but your risking a whole lot on taking Kotkaniemi #3 rather than Zadina or Svechnikov.
I know Craig Button is a terrible source...
but he was on EDM radio talking about how he believes Montreal would take Kotkaniemi at 3. BUt the he goes and releases his mock draft and has Montreal taking Zadina lol

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Don't think either team does this. Habs are happy with BG, Oilers are happy to select a blue-chip D prospect, which is something we sorely lack (aside from maybe Ethan Bear, and perhaps Jones, but I don't quite consider him a 'blue chipper', though he's still a good prospect).

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
There's probably an outside chance Montreal takes Kotkaniemi at 3 ..they need a C and hes the best C in the draft . Hoping so anyway...that would make the rest of the draft much more enjoyable to watch lol
IMO ,There's literally no chance that the Habs draft Kotkaniemi at 3.While they may need a C they are not moving off the 3rd and reach down to around the 15th with that pick

HabsEstrie

Sep 30, 2017
Stop with your awful trade proposals. I like Gallagher, good deal, signed for 3 more years, great spark plug but undersized wingers who get hurt often are not going to get you 10th overall IMO.

Hurt often tells us you are as clueless as most youngin Edmonton fans. lol

Two injuries taking slap shots to fingers. Brilliant.

The Habs best forward in 17/18

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
IMO ,There's literally no chance that the Habs draft Kotkaniemi at 3.While they may need a C they are not moving off the 3rd and reach down to around the 15th with that pick
Hey man, when you have GM like your team and mine...its always possible. lol

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah I’m not gonna give up the 10th overall for Gallagher let alone add.

Yeah, the 10th overall pick is a sure shot NHL player better than Gallagher right? Gallagher just scored 30 goals on a team that lacks offense and he is 26 next year on a very good contract. The next 3 years from age 26-28 at $3.75M have huge value! No way the Habs trade Gallagher for a pick.

Would you trade RNH for the 10th pick and a spare part?

Patch is a pending UFA on a great AAV. So he is the one that is worth the 10th pick. Lucic as a pending UFA got the 13th pick and Jones. Patch > Lucic

Last edited:

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I would do this deal.
We would have to move out salary but Gallagher with LD would be a very good 2nd pairing.
The way Gallagher plays add Lucic on left wing, that should keep Lucic involved.
RNH, McD, Rattie
Lucic, LD, Gallagher

I would do it, move out Kaissin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad