10th annual "Official Habs Board Mock Draft" 2016 edition (Part 2) - COMPLETE!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'm not, actually. As good as he was last season, he still hasn't shown much in his skillset that you'd project to the next level. Good at a little bit of everything. Enough skill to do this, that, and the other thing. Smart player, even. Coachable. Works pretty hard. Just not strong in enough categories to put on this years "draft" list. A 100 point season on a rebuilt Mooseheads team might earn him more respect, but even then he'll have to show a lot more "jam" and defensive development to stand a chance.

You are still talking of a 7-round draft, when chances are starting being taken in the 3rd round. He did enough to be chosen. But the Q is obviously underscouted. And underappreciated. Sure, with some good reasons along the way, hence the number of kids chosen. But my point is that if a scout would hesitate between 2 candidates, chances are they won't go for the Q player. And that's how it is. Doesen't mean eveything as far as the quality of the player per se.

The kid got 28 points than the #2 scorer. Sorry, that for me is enough to at least give you a chance in the 7th round. See....there's a guy like that who almost wasn't picked either, was picked...but just in the 7th round. And his name is Francis Perron. He also didn't look all that awesome in his draft year. Was awfully tentative out there. Was weak and always seemed too reactive and not proactive. And yet...he got picked anyway. And look how it's looking. Not saying it will translate though...but for a 7th rounder, looks damn fine.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
You are still talking of a 7-round draft, when chances are starting being taken in the 3rd round. He did enough to be chosen. But the Q is obviously underscouted. And underappreciated. Sure, with some good reasons along the way, hence the number of kids chosen. But my point is that if a scout would hesitate between 2 candidates, chances are they won't go for the Q player. And that's how it is. Doesen't mean eveything as far as the quality of the player per se.

The kid got 28 points than the #2 scorer. Sorry, that for me is enough to at least give you a chance in the 7th round. See....there's a guy like that who almost wasn't picked either, was picked...but just in the 7th round. And his name is Francis Perron. He also didn't look all that awesome in his draft year. Was awfully tentative out there. Was weak and always seemed too reactive and not proactive. And yet...he got picked anyway. And look how it's looking. Not saying it will translate though...but for a 7th rounder, looks damn fine.

Yeah, history has definitely provided you with a very recent excellent comparative. And for the record, I agree that he was probably "worth" at least a 7th round pick when you consider the odds at that stage of the game anyway. He came into town a fairly highly-touted youngster, but with the anti-Q bias I'm not surprised that wasn't enough to raise his profile into the top 100 or so NA skaters.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Yeah, history has definitely provided you with a very recent excellent comparative. And for the record, I agree that he was probably "worth" at least a 7th round pick when you consider the odds at that stage of the game anyway. He came into town a fairly highly-touted youngster, but with the anti-Q bias I'm not surprised that wasn't enough to raise his profile into the top 100 or so NA skaters.

I'm one day we signed Philippe Lefebvre because of a good camp....I'm predicting that if everything does according to MY plan...;), we will sign Fortier at the end of this one too. But I choose to revise my opinion once I see him. Habs will need to have at least start their camp on Sunday.

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
Sharks Draft:

50-Markus Niemelainen, D went 63 to EDM -13
110- Ross Colton, LW went 118 to TBL -8
112 Todd Burgess, RW went 103 to OTT +9
140 Beck Malenstyn, LW went 145 to WSH -5
170 Jack Lafontaine, G went 75 to CAR +95
200 Jack MacNab, RW can't believe no one took this giant winger:amazed:

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Was in Atlantic City for a bachelor party for the whole weekend, was quite happy with my draft, but the actual NHL draft stated otherwise... especially on Rasanen, ouch.

I did good on goalies though!

18-Dante Fabbro, went 17 (+1)
48-Cliff Pu, went 69 (-21)
56-Aapeli Rasanen, went 153 (-97)
78-Jack Kopacka, went 93 (-15)
83-Evan Fitzpatrick, went 59 (+24)
108-Brandon Gignac, went 80 (+28)
138-Ondrej Vala, ND
168-Matt Luff, ND
173-Connor Ingram, went 88 (+85)
198-Alex Barre-Boulet, ND

Many bad picks starting in the fifth, but the Ingram pick was by far my best. Fabbro, Fitzpatrick, Gignac and Ingram were good picks. I do not regret Kopacka and Pu where I took them. Rasanen, and the 3 undrafted are pretty bad picks!

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
i drafted Brett McKenzie at #194, he went at #194 :laugh:. what are the odds of that?

As Detroit, I drafted Jordan Sambrook with the exact pick the actual Wings used to pick him in real life too (5th round).

Stupid Bleackley had to not get signed so it bumped the Wings' pick down one spot :laugh:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
As Detroit, I drafted Jordan Sambrook with the exact pick the actual Wings used to pick him in real life too (5th round).

Stupid Bleackley had to not get signed so it bumped the Wings' pick down one spot :laugh:

The Bleekly Bleackley award?

ok im not good at this :laugh:, but yea thats some insanely bad luck hahaha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad