Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The girls enjoying the snow yesterday.

IMG_2269.jpeg

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
Teleworking today and I decided to dust off the stereo remote and crank things up a bit.

Each time I listen to it I'm always reminded how SOLID an album it is. IMO, probably their best from top to bottom. Entwistle's bass sounds fantastic on my system - probably because when I set it all up I used this album to dial in the EQs, levels, and crossovers, lol.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Teleworking today and I decided to dust off the stereo remote and crank things up a bit.

Each time I listen to it I'm always reminded how SOLID an album it is. IMO, probably their best from top to bottom. Entwistle's bass sounds fantastic on my system - probably because when I set it all up I used this album to dial in the EQs, levels, and crossovers, lol.

Yukon, my brother, it is so much more than solid. It's a rock masterpiece.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Easily their best album. They have a ton of great songs but not a lot of truly great albums aside from this one.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
this..makes ya think of never getting into a car again lol

The first car I ever "owned" was a 1978 Buick Skylark. On a straight stretch of road outside of my home town (Tamaqua, PA) I was lucky if it would reach 80 mph with a 2 mile running start. So, even as young, dumb kid, I wasn't too worried about a horrific accident, lol. A car with no power and no easily-accessible digital recording technology available at the time = safe.

Before that one I mostly drove my Mom's car now and then, a 1979 Buick LeSabre. It had a 350 with a 4 bbl carb and quite a bit more spunk under the hood. I was always careful with it because my Dad would've tanned my hide if I wrecked it.

Edit: as a funny follow-up, I failed my first driver's test (closed course) because the State Cop said, "The front corner of the car passed over the line when you made the first turn into the course." 1979 Buick LeSabres were not small cars. I went back the next week with the Skylark. The cop got in the passenger seat and was fumbling with the seat belt. I chuckled and said, "That one doesn't work right." Passed the test - and have never been in an on-road accident in 30+ years of driving. I have, however, had 3 cars hit while they were parked. One totaled, one with 8k of damage, one fender-bender. I guess I'm ok if I'm actually in the car and can react to the idiocy on the roadways, lol.

Last edited:

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Nuclear energy is better than coal or green energy for several reasons. Firstly, nuclear power plants produce low levels of greenhouse gas emissions, which is one of the primary causes of climate change. Unlike coal-fired power plants that release large amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, nuclear power plants do not produce any carbon dioxide or other harmful gases. This makes nuclear energy a clean and sustainable source of electricity that can help to mitigate the negative impacts of climate change.

Secondly, nuclear power plants are more efficient than coal or green energy sources. Nuclear power plants can generate large amounts of electricity with relatively small amounts of fuel. This means that nuclear power plants require less land to generate the same amount of electricity as a coal-fired power plant or a green energy facility. Moreover, nuclear power plants can operate continuously for long periods of time without interruption, which makes them more reliable sources of energy. This efficiency and reliability of nuclear energy can help to meet the growing demand for electricity while reducing the negative impacts on the environment.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
I thought it was a Tempest that couldn't be confused with a Skylark, but point taken!

That Skylark was an absolute dog. Completely neutered by the gas crisis and EPA regs. However, it did survive a 40-50 mph slam in a mall parking lot into a snow bank that I didn't know was frozen solid. Youth - great for stupidity.

Now that I'm older and work on everything on my cars except tire changes and alignments, I slow down/try to avoid potholes.

Reactions: Magua

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I thought it was a Tempest that couldn't be confused with a Skylark, but point taken!

That Skylark was an absolute dog. Completely neutered by the gas crisis and EPA regs. However, it did survive a 40-50 mph slam in a mall parking lot into a snow bank that I didn't know was frozen solid. Youth - great for stupidity.

Now that I'm older and work on everything on my cars except tire changes and alignments, I slow down/try to avoid potholes.

Cars used to be straight-up tanks. My Mom had like a late 70s Chevy Nova. Was waiting for the light to change near the Toys R Us that used to be on Cottman avenue. Must have been around like 1985. Car just blasts through the other side of the street (still red), gets clipped by cross-traffic on Cottman ave and hits into the front of her car still going at least 30 or 40 miles an hour.

The front fender got a scratch. That was it.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
Cars used to be straight-up tanks. My Mom had like a late 70s Chevy Nova. Was waiting for the light to change near the Toys R Us that used to be on Cottman avenue. Must have been around like 1985. Car just blasts through the other side of the street (still red), gets clipped by cross-traffic on Cottman ave and hits into the front of her car still going at least 30 or 40 miles an hour.

The front fender got a scratch. That was it.
I think the late 70s Novas and Skylarks were the same car, just different badges. The Olds Omega might have also been the same. I'm too lazy to look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad