Prospect Info: #109OA - Hurricanes select RW Jackson Blake

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
5'10 RW that played split between Eden Prairie HS and Chicago of the USHL

huge offensive numbers in HS but played a mostly limited role with the Steel. One of the youngest players eligible for the draft as well.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I guess Blake’s nickname is the Hawk.

It is. Mark Citron has nicknames for all the main players on the team. Think he’s said before that Blake is the Hawk because he swoops in at a moments notice to make plays.

A side note, Citron is the best hockey announcer that no one knows about. I’ve never seen an announcer that is so entertaining that he can do the play by play and analyst role well at the same time. It’d almost be a waste to have an analyst work beside him.

Back to Blake, he’s been great in the games I’ve seen. Reminds me a little of Sean Farrell, if you guys know his game. Blake has great hockey sense and good offensive skill. I think he has a good chance to be a second line winger, which for where he was picked would be the typical great Carolina mid round pick you guys are known for.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
11E2SrT_d.webp

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yeah, Sidney just isn’t a good ‘boys’ name at all but generational talent don’t care about that.

Maybe, like a boy named Sue, it's BECAUSE of his name that he became generational? I mean if his name was Jeff Crosby, he'd probably still be an NHLer, but wouldn't have had the drive to overcome his name as a kid and probably wouldn't be generational.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Wait, isn't Sidney mostly a guys name that started to be co-opted for girls a little while back? I never heard of a female Sidney when I was younger.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Ruh? I never said you said it wasn't a guys name, lol. Did you miss BBAs post about "A Boy Named Sue"?

But you asked ‘isn’t it a guys name?’ which wasn’t ever questioned. Just mentioned that it’s not a good one.

Also think it’s more Sidney = Boy and Sydney = Girl but obviously they sound the same so not much to differentiate that way.

Pretty sure it is traditionally a boys name but probably now a days it is more of a girls name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad