OT: 101st Obsequious Banter Thread: The One After One 0 0, Oh My

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I just thought of why medical records could be pertinent. Head injuries. A head injury can completely change a person, see the dude Kosmo Dinardo. He got a brain injury riding atvs and shortly after killed, I believe, his best friend during a drug deal.

I’m ok with adding medical records into the background check.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
The new season is alone on the history channel started back up tonight. Afterwards some dumb show kings of pain or something came on. 5 minutes in and I’m hooked.
These two dudes go around and find different venomous animals, this episode was a hairy scorpion and bark scorpion, and lets them sting them in order to compile a pain via sting/bite guide.
Near the end of the episode as a bark scorpion is being placed on the dudes arm, my wife got one of those phantom tickles that feels like something’s crawling on you and jumped out of her skin. That alone bumps it close to being my new favorite current tv show.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Guns don't kill people.

Bullets kill people.

Don't ban guns.

Ban bullets.

I know beef said to stop, but I like to live on the edge.

200.gif

Reactions: Cody Webster

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Woman with pistol takes out would be mass shooter with an AR.
Good girl with a gun
A gun that is banned in Canada.

Congrats?

Reactions: Rebels57

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
"But I'm intrigued by the "Well AR-15s shouldn't be banned because handguns can be concealed." If we're talking about the gravity of damage they cause, there's no comparison. A certain rapper presciently describes the impact of a .223 as leaving "a hole the size of a cereal-bowl." And that's kinda the problem with things like AR-15s. You can get shot a dozen times with a pistol at close range and live if no major organs or arteries are struck. That's just not the case with an extremely powerful rifle. Y'know, the cereal-bowl holes and all. They're made to shred human bodies. That they're harder to conceal hasn't stopped anyone from using them for that specific purpose. Makes no goddamn sense."

And this paragraph right here is why I don't believe anything from anyone who knows nothing about firearms. An AR-15 can and will kill, but I can't stand the lies. AR-15 rounds are less than a pencil thickness and don't leave cereal bowl holes. If you don't get shot in the vitals there is a great chance you will survive and even if you get shot in the vitals there is a chance you will survive.

It's hyperbole, but it's always stuck with me because I first heard that hyperbole after another of these scenarios produced extensive commentary from trauma surgeons about the difference in treating those wounds. The bullet moves at a significantly higher speed and leaves a much larger trail of destruction through the victims' body. I know what the ammo looks like, I have friends with .223s and I've been present for their use. How big a round is in your hand is not indicative of what it does in a human body.

The gun brat response of "I'll discount any valid criticism because well akshully," is hackneyed and gross. No one cares, you aren't the only folks who know what the big blam blams do.

Since we've passed the line that's it from me though. Salutes.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Wrote my first discussions for this weekend. Sunday and Monday will be 10/10s weather-wise. Even Saturday won’t be bad. You’re all welcome
Think there is the possibility of a tornado watch issued for our area today? I saw they already issued one down in MD and VA? Seems there's some decent potential

1653656219674.png

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Yesterday I played a happy hour show for the residents of a retirement community. I usually do a lot of oldies (no pun intended) when I play there. After playing Elvis Presley’s Can’t Help Falling in Love With You, an elderly woman came up to me and gave me hug. She then went on to tell me that her husband passed away in March and that song was their wedding song.

Yeah, I needed a moment before I could continue my set.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
The border patrol dude that killed the shooter got veeerrrryyy lucky.
He was grazed in the head by the shooter
144A6272-0C82-45A1-B682-CFE45E7F8B23.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: sigma six

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
That press conference was something. At least buddy admitted it was the wrong decision to wait.

The guy who was supposed to be on duty at the school, and wasn't there....he got lots of explaining to do. I am sure he is scared for his own life right now fearing backlash from the outraged.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I was there... I had my doubts on how they would be live, and was pleasantly surprised.
Apart from David Gahan's cheesy dancing gyrations ...they typically put on a good show. Nitzer Ebb opened for them...

I heard the Pet Shop boys are pretty entertaining in concert. ..amazing both of them are still putting out music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad