Post-Game Talk: 101 Points for our 101 year old team: 5-4 Leafs Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
That Year 1 is a year when the league scoring has increased dramatically. Also Barzal couldn't hack it in the NHL last year when Marner made it on a tougher roster to crack. We'll see if he can repeat his performance next year.

Marner has repeated and improved his performance. We have no idea if Barzal will hit 70 points or even close to it next season till he does it.

He certainly passes the eye test with flying colours. Future superstar

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
honestly, people need to leave TWS alone.
like imagine being a Leafs fan all this time and then quitting the team over a dumbo reason and then the team turns extremely good over every single thing you thought was a bad idea.

let him be alone in his whatever he does dwelling on that sadness and we can enjoy the goodtimes here
I think he's a Jet's fan now but he'll never admit it. So I think he's fine jumping onto their bandwagon.
It feels that much sweeter sticking with the team and seeing this happen.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
He actually had alot of good insights on many topics but his inability to admit hes wrong or to eat crow on certain things really limits his potential and makes him impossible to have debates with.

His best take was: Bozak is the next Martin St. Louis. He loved Bozak for some reason.

Reactions: stickty111

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
We've got the old doing enough to win but no more with a dash of trying not to get hurt thing going on

It's not exactly surprising considering where were sitting in the standings

Andersen is struggling and we need to figure out how to get him going again and I never want to see Moore in a Leafs jersey again, Jesus he makes Plekanec look like a God in comparison

Honestly with Freddy it could simply be fatigue, we've been riding him way too hard. He better not be starting tomorrow night.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I hope Freddy literally plays next Thursday and that's it. Again, there's a likely chance that after Tuesday's bruins/tampa game everything will be done for the leafs with 2 meaningless games left. Give mcelhinney some starts

I don't think you really want to go into the playoffs with Andersen playing 1 games in the prior 12 days. I think they give Andersen the Monday and Saturday games next week. Hopefully he wins one of them so we can never ever mention Raycroft's name ever again

Reactions: TMLeafs17

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Honestly, I did not think we would reach 100 points this season. I did not think we looked good for the first half of the season, then the team really improved. Now I can say that they truly look like a legit good team.

pengdeng12

Feb 13, 2018
Just gotta fk JT.

Dude was invisble the game whole game and gets one lucky bounce and scores.

Every time I watch isles, Barzal always seems like the better play. JT barely generates any chances by himself. Opportunistic point getter

This POS could've seriously injured Rielly

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Gotta say Zaitsev has looked good recently, dude doesn't get enough credit when he plays well

He's one of those defensemen that play best when you don't really notice them on the ice. He doesn't lay out big hits, do fancy stickhandling or take big slap shots. He's quiet and efficient.

I really like him and I don't think the contract will be bad for us. But to be fair he has struggled this season. Looks to be getting better and better going into the playoffs, though.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
I like how Marleau goes for the throat with the empty net, but with 3 seconds left he has to lay it in soft.

I'm confident he'll be smarter when the games start counting again.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
I suspect the Hockey Gods have the leafs on the better side of favor...

THEN...Islanders play dirty and hurt Matthews when they were within striking distance of the WC.

NOW...Islanders still play dirty, have the refs favor, and late in the third, a rebound goal from Matthews sinks the dagger to a team now nowhere near the Playoffs.

- May the hockey gods give the Refs a more clear and balanced eye when we are in the playoffs.

- More so... May the gods grant the leafs PP opportunities we have been denied so blatantly this season DURING the playoffs

*bows head & looks towards the heavens*

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
1Sm1ryS.jpg
Well done!!

Reactions: leburn98

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He's one of those defensemen that play best when you don't really notice them on the ice. He doesn't lay out big hits, do fancy stickhandling or take big slap shots. He's quiet and efficient.

I really like him and I don't think the contract will be bad for us. But to be fair he has struggled this season. Looks to be getting better and better going into the playoffs, though.
Very true. With no PP time, if he's not noticed that means he's playing well.

Big game by the 2 20-year-olds. Marner is closing the year at a very impressive rate. Starting to show why he was compared to players like Kane and Giroux in junior. Well by knowledgeable fans, I know many were hoping for Sam Gagner part 2.0.

Reactions: saffronleaf

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
*Sloppy game. There's been too many of these lately.
*Andersen takes too much abuse here for the goals scored against. Each tonight was legit, and I can't think of too many 'soft' goals he's let in the past while (though I'm sure there's been one or two). He may not be as hot as he was earlier in the year, but he's been solidly making the stops he should, that's all I can ask for. The team in front of him is allowing some very good scoring opportunities to develop and there are some good players on the other teams who are capable of taking advantage of those situations.
*I have to admit I was wrong before the TDL, my goodness JVR has been on a hot streak. I hope it continues into the playoffs.
*Good to see the Leafs pressure the Isles after they pulled their goalie. I'd like to see more of that.
*Polak's weight, strength and improved play is needed as the team is too soft in front of their net.
*Please, no more crapping on Plekanic.
*Auston, yes guy! But that pass by Willy N was gold, head up, read the play and wired it to the exact spot needed, it was, dare I say, an 'elite' pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad