100 videos on 2007 entry draft prospects here

montyminny

Oct 12, 2006
Good ol Twin Cities
McDonagh looked like an absolute rock defensively. His skating and shot look like they need work though.

As far as the clips on defensemen...the video on McDonagh shows him mostly standing around. The only action about 2 minutes into the clip is a poke check by his teammate at the time, Tyler Kieffer (#22). Same can be said for the video of Tommy Cross, mostly standing around. Obviously these 2 videos were made on days these 2 players did not do much. Scouts must have seen more at other games to rank them so high.

The video on Petrecki, Shattenkirk and McKenzie show much more skill and what these players are capable of. Yet they are ranked lower.

Goes to show this scouting thing is such an "in the eye of the beholder" type of thing.

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
Perron's video is him, wrong team and number? Maybe you could notice it's the chl tourney :sarcasm:

CHL Tourney? Im basing that video on the CHL Prospects game where he had a different number (17) and was on team red (bergeron/burns)

EDIT: I'm now a 100% sure thats not Perron, unless he changed numbers, teams, lost his amazing hands and changed his white skates.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Shattenkirk looked great in his video. He demonstrated excellent skating ability with a a real flair for the offensive side of the game.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
looks like im the only one who cant watch the videoes. what the hell is going on. why wont they work!!!!

USA Hockey

Jun 9, 2007
I just find out why some arent working.. the webmaster guy made some typo with files name , like :

jacub_voracek_700.asx ... should be jakub_voracek_700.as
keven_veillieux_700.asx ... should be keven_veilleux_700.asx

Hey if you can possibly figure out if the webmaster spelt any of these guys wrong it would be greatly appreciated, I'm a Fighting Sioux fan and I would like to post them on my board, thanks.

Brad Eidsness
Matt Frattin
Jason Gregoire
Brett Bruneteau

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
I must say that there was no wow factor in these videos at all.:amazed:

Isolation cams on one player for an entire random shift... it's not often going to be entertaining or flattering for the players overall abilities.

The best thing you can really take from them is the players skating ability and how big a player looks on the ice.

danno2530

Aug 2, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
www.geocities.com
Is it me or did Turris' video not impress that much?

I know there's only so much you can take from that clip and the one of him was especially bad (that obstruction to the right was very annoying), but I didn't see a whole lot from him. I honestly think JVR was more impressive in his video.

Not to say Turris isn't going to be very good and he's a guaranteed top 5 pick..but I honestly didn't see much from that clip.

V-2 Schneider

Mar 8, 2004
The best thing you can really take from them is the players skating ability and how big a player looks on the ice.

I could see some very good skaters, and players who did nothing on the ice.I was hoping to see some want that puck and show some magic, and so few did.Alzner,Goncharov,Mayorov all caught my attention,and there's some potential with Shattenkirk,but this class is really...ordinary.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
I could see some very good skaters, and players who did nothing on the ice.I was hoping to see some want that puck and show some magic, and so few did.Alzner,Goncharov,Mayorov all caught my attention,and there's some potential with Shattenkirk,but this class is really...ordinary.

It's not supposed to be any better than ordinary so I'm not sure why you're disappointed.

Personally, when evaluating talent I'd rather see clips like this rather than highlight reels.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
It's not supposed to be any better than ordinary so I'm not sure why you're disappointed.

Personally, when evaluating talent I'd rather see clips like this rather than highlight reels.

Agreed... look what it did for Mikhnov... not that he can't come back to the league and turn into a star, but after seeing his infamous highlight video, people dubbed him the next super-russian and were struck with some serious disappointment when he got to the NHL, as they expected a super-human monster.
Seeing these types of videos allows you to break down the players strengths and weaknesses much easier than watchin a player do incredible moves, which happened to be his greatest plays (in the case of a highlight video).

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
looks like im the only one who cant watch the videoes. what the hell is going on. why wont they work!!!!

Maybe try to upgrade your version of Windows Media player ?

You are missing something if you can't watch thoses videos... some of them are great !! :teach:

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
I've heard good things about Zach Torquato and would be interested in seeinga video..if anyone has a link..it would be appreciated.

I alraedy appreciate all these videos :) thanks .

AgentNaslund*

Is it me or did Turris' video not impress that much?

I know there's only so much you can take from that clip and the one of him was especially bad (that obstruction to the right was very annoying), but I didn't see a whole lot from him. I honestly think JVR was more impressive in his video.

Not to say Turris isn't going to be very good and he's a guaranteed top 5 pick..but I honestly didn't see much from that clip.

really? from the clip ive seen of James Van Riemsdyk, that guy did nothing. At least, Turris's video showed up being an offensive monster during a powerplay. It also showed his smooth skating side. JVR video nothing. He has no moves what so ever. Im in shocked that 100% of all American fans will chose him over Turris. JVR has 0 moves what so ever.

overall, im not impressed with any players based on those videos. Everyone sucks it seems like. Moller and Esposito seemed alright, but man, quite crapy actually.

The only ones that impressed me were Kane And Turris's video (towards the end when they are on powerplay)

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
really? from the clip ive seen of James Van Riemsdyk, that guy did nothing. At least, Turris's video showed up being an offensive monster during a powerplay. It also showed his smooth skating side. JVR video nothing. He has no moves what so ever. Im in shocked that 100% of all American fans will chose him over Turris. JVR has 0 moves what so ever.

overall, im not impressed with any players based on those videos. Everyone sucks it seems like. Moller and Esposito seemed alright, but man, quite crapy actually.

The only ones that impressed me were Kane And Turris's video (towards the end when they are on powerplay)

Agreed. Although Alzner, Eller and Mayorov impressed me as well.

bigv

Aug 13, 2006
Czech republic
1.......100 videos
2.......89 percent Bad playing prospects
3.......11 percent good playing prospects
4.......What a hell ........RUSNAK...........are you f.cking serious
And that prospect game was without speed,effort,......the guys were playing like at sunday skating.

5.....And again I missed few really good guys over there......
6.....The draft is coming up and the biggest question is who can play NHL next season ............nobody
:biglaugh:

Avy*

Both Cherepanov and Kane outscored and outperform a "most redy for NHL" "next swedish king" Backstrom in U-20. If this such a weak draft, why Kane and Cherepanov create most impression?

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
From that one, sole 5-minute blurb w/ Hamill, he stood out, comparatively. Always moving his feet, active, energetic, not much coasting, forechecking, awareness, in a prospects game nonetheless.

Any way he falls to the 3rd round and hopefully on to the Isles' lap? :sarcasm:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Both Cherepanov and Kane outscored and outperform a "most redy for NHL" "next swedish king" Backstrom in U-20. If this such a weak draft, why Kane and Cherepanov create most impression?

Team Russia and Team USA were better than team Sweden. Backstrom wasn't great at WJC, but he didn't show his best game. In best shape he dominated SEL and made National team.
WJC isn't the only factor in judging if the draft is strong or not.

After that, if Kane was 6'2/200 he would have been hyped as new superstar. But he is 5'10/170.

Avy*

"Since this draft has no stand-out, so-called "Franchise" player, we would not be surprised if several teams at the top were willing to trade down (By the way, RLR believes that "Franchise" designation is the most overused, and abused, term in the scouting business. In our view, Vincent Lecavalier is the only true franchise player to be drafted in the last five years)."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/columns/kyle907.htm

1 NY Islanders Rick DiPietro
2 Atlanta Dany Heatley
3 Minnesota Marian Gaborik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad