100 Point Seasons - MTL History

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Lehkonen, Toffoli and Danault should still be Habs. Even KK (the mistake was done at the draft table...). It would had meant, no Dvorak, no Hoffman, no Barron, and hopefully, no more Armia.
Lehkonen sucked in Montreal. Danault was regressing. Toffoli was alright.

The problem is not the players themselves, it's the Habs management and organization. For nearly three decades now they have stifled most offensive players we've had. The only period of time where we had a talented and explosive roster was during the Kovalev/Koivu years.

There have been a few exceptions like with Subban, but those ARE exceptions. I'm almost certain that both Caufield and Suzuki would get more points on different teams.

You just have to accept the fact that we probably will never have a high-octane offensive team. Even when this edition of the club becomes a playoff team, it will be with a mixture of good/pretty good players. We'll need a really good goaltender again.

Man...who knew we had it this good when Alexei Kovalev used to be around.
Erm, many of us knew.

Beliveau and Roy are the 5th-6th best players of all time. All true Habs fans agree.
No, we do not.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal

The problem is not the players themselves, it's the Habs management and organization. For nearly three decades now they have stifled most offensive players we've had. The only period of time where we had a talented and explosive roster was during the Kovalev/Koivu years.

There have been a few exceptions like with Subban, but those ARE exceptions. I'm almost certain that both Caufield and Suzuki would get more points on different teams.

You just have to accept the fact that we probably will never have a high-octane offensive team. Even when this edition of the club becomes a playoff team, it will be with a mixture of good/pretty good players. We'll need a really good goaltender again.

Erm, many of us knew.

No, we do not.
There is definitely an argument that defense wins playoff series. Doing it without stifling the offense, and without dumping on players like Subban, is the tricky part. Therrien got it almost completely wrong, MSL does a lot differently, but he may go too far the other way, not that it matters for another year or two at least.

Everyone got worse under Ducharme with the exception of the cup run, and the cup run was pretty clearly a Roy/Weber thing where they got everyone to buy in despite the coach. We'll see how MSL does once he has the option to ice a competitive team, but I don't see it happening this year.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Erm, many of us knew.

No, we do not.
The truth is sometimes players need to move on too. Leaving a toxic workplace or a place that gives you a toxic mentality can let you grow beyond what you're previously capable of. I've certainly had jobs or careers that I needed to get out of just for the sake of my mental health and they've pushed me to become more.

Beliveau and Roy are the 5th-6th best players of all time. All true Habs fans agree.
Le Gros Bill is #1 for me personally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad