Post-Game Talk: 10 Straight Wins For Campbell | Leafs 3 Canadiens 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
I think we would have beat Boston in that series we blew back in 2013 if we blocked some shots like that in the 3rd.

Maybe if they blocked literally all the shots because anything on net was going in.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
20210407_221103.jpg

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Of course the ending was a bit nerve racking, but I haven't felt this confident in the Leafs defending a 1 goal lead in a long while. Overall team commitment to defense and Campbell being solid means we should be able to hold on to these leads.

Reactions: Eric bungay

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Are you telling me the Leafs defense wasn't a problem but that the Leafs just needed a goaltender to be good defensively? :sarcasm: Man... what a concept.

Campbell was great outside of the first goal/shot. Galchenyuk continues to impress and be very good. The top line was top notch as well.

Last edited:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Jack Campbell doing starting goalie things.

I hate Corey Perry but wish we had gone after him as it was reported he wanted to join us.

Surprised Eric Staal played 17 minutes tonight. Did not notice him once.

Hate to harp on Rielly as much as I am lately, but you really feel a lot more secure that things will get locked down with Holl and Muzzin than Rielly out there.

Matthews line continues it's hot streak.

Really wished Galchenyuk had been rewarded with a nice goal vs Montreal. He and Tavares and Mikheyev looked good.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Campbell was great as usual, he's so solid. Never out of position and fights through everything

Galchenyuk was very good again imo, that 2LW slot is his to keep.

8-0-1, let's keep it going!

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Thought Tavares looked really solid, still needs to find the back of the net, but he's skating much better and making all of the little plays he missed earlier in the season.

Bit of a coaching mistake to have Rielly on instead of Bogo that late in the game.

Hyman's a monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad