Post-Game Talk: 10 Straight Wins For Campbell | Leafs 3 Canadiens 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Hab fan co-workers a little quiet today. I am talking with other co-workers who are not huge hockey fans but heard about Campbell’s record. I am taking great pleasure explaining the situation just within earshot of the Hab fans. I’m hearing mumbled curses. I love these days.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Campbell is looking more and more like the starter for the rest of the season regardless if Andersen comes back. You play the hot hand, and the entire team seems to be rallying behind Campbell. We have seen something like this numerous times where an injury or bad play has cause a switch to backup which in turn became a long playoff run.

Something special is brewing in Toronto with Campbell I feel it.
to be honest this is best case scenario for the Leafs. They are receiving very high quality starts from Soupy. To the point where they have no need to rush Freddy back. And even when Freddy comes back, it will be hard for him to get the net. That said, Freddy is still a high end goalie that was playing hurt all year. I suspect if Jack falls, Freddy will feel a little less pressure in the cage as he doesn't have to hear about Jack's footsteps. Healthy competition, and knowing your teammate is there when you don't have the confidence is huge. I'd feel comfortable riding the hot hand in playoffs no question. I wouldn't be surprised if this is going to turn out to be a Grubauer/Holtby or Murray/Fleury situation at all. Both of those examples ended in cup wins

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
The person he interacted with wasn't even confirmed to actually be sick, you can't shut down the league every time someone interacts with someone else who might potentially be sick. If we take it to that level of paranoia, there shouldn't be a season at all as it isn't an essential service.
Willie is literally the first Leaf put on the COVID protocol all season. This isn’t a frequent occurrence, we’re talking about delaying 1-2 games until he tests negative for a few days straight.

Reactions: justloveleafs

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Big congrats Soupy and well deserved 10th win ...

Also big shout outs to Matty, Zach and Brodie OMG boys you run this team now ...

Our core is now Soupy, Matty, Zach and Brodie ... these are 4 guys driving this tema right now

Mitch is OK too but I would put him in 5 hole right now

Reactions: justloveleafs

Beaumaris

May 21, 2015
It really feels good to have a goalie that can make a big and timely save when you need one.
Especially when the game is on the line.
Andersen’s giving up late goals,has been hurting us for years now.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
THE GOOD: New Maple Leafs record 10 consecutive W's for Jack, history was made, I forgot to add that in game 39 Johnny Tarawnna notched his 800th NHL point in his 853rd NHL game. Matty building on a streak and Mitch snaps a streak. After a strong 1st the Leafs snoozed through the 2nd period and Jack kept the ship afloat by bailing them out again and again. They turned it up in the 3rd and if not for a great performance by Allen the Leafs won going away.

THE BAD: Willie misses because of too many kisses? Contact with a potential case outside the team? C'mon Willie you're smarter then that, you better have not brought it into the dressing room just because you couldn't keep yer little head under control.

THE UGLY: 3rd period the Leafs were pressing in Montreals end when the puck goes back to the point, Mitch was hanging in the slot when a Montreal defender just up's and feeds Marner the toe of his stick, there was no contact between the players that could've precipitated this. The referee was looking right at the play! I don't know if any of you folks noticed it, but Marner on his way back up ice had what were probably some very unkind words for the referee, something Mitch doesn't do a lot of. Luckily though karma worked it's magic and the Leafs buried a couple, despite the poor officiating

Somewhere around 4:26

Last edited:

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
This should have been a blowout W. Getting real tired of the Leafs scoring just 3 goals. I am spoiled.

I feel like the next game will be a blowout win.

It so easily could have been a 4-1 win instead if they had just put it in the empty net instead of letting Perry score on us. We were great at empty netters before our 1-6 record, since then, our PP and empty netters stink. We also sucked in GF but that's sort of coming back now.

Be careful about wishing for a blowout against the Sens, even though it only makes sense but it doesn't always work (it even back fired on us). Even Tampa has lost a few games to the Red Wings.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
While there are still a lot of games to go, and a lot can happen, a Montreal-Toronto first round is looking more realistic each day.

When you factor in the fact that they have 5 regular season games left against each other (including a 3 game set at the end of the season), there's gonna be a lot of intensification on the oldest rivalry in hockey.

I mean we all hate the Habs .. But this season could take it up to a notch we haven't seen in many, many years.

Reactions: Lumberg

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Wow, seeing Jack coming from nowhere is something else. It seems like that hasn’t happened to the leafs in a long time,

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Not only is Campbell, inspiring the team, just as importantly. He is inspiring/teaching'/influencing/mentoring, Hutchison.

Study some tape of Hutchison last year, versus this year.

Guy is improving. Working. learning. Getting mentally stronger. He credits a lot of that to Campbell.

Watch the way the forwards and dmen, congratulate these two guys, after a game, win or lose.

Have to say, NHL players are human, if their goalie insinuates, its not his fault.....

Then you import two aww shucks, its my fault goalies?

Dressing room is much happier, dmen block more shots, guys try harder to protect the goalie.

Its not rocket science. Its a team game and these days with the incredible talent in the NHL.

You really cannot have even one weak player on your team. Its to your demise if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->