GDT: #10| New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | October 28th | 5:00 PM | F/W 2-1

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I’m w PK. Greiss spits out a ton of rebounds, he has difficulty tracking them and steering them clear; it’s a real issue.

Maybe he has a problem with his eyes.
i would never have gotten contacts, but when i had to do a test for my driver license they noticed that and i got contacs (only for driving).
could also be a problem with his eye tracking, but at his age that is highly unlikely.

or he has a mental problem.
We see that he is uncomfortable in net and he moves to much (like i do in my NHL 18 carrer).
maybe something is bothering him or he is just not relaxed enough.
Too tense and nervous maybe?

Anyways, something is happening with him and i am the first to defend him and his performance, but i don't know a solution for such problems.

Reactions: dood

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Maybe he has a problem with his eyes.
i would never have gotten contacts, but when i had to do a test for my driver license they noticed that and i got contacs (only for driving).
could also be a problem with his eye tracking, but at his age that is highly unlikely.

or he has a mental problem.
We see that he is uncomfortable in net and he moves to much (like i do in my NHL 18 carrer).
maybe something is bothering him or he is just not relaxed enough.
Too tense and nervous maybe?

Anyways, something is happening with him and i am the first to defend him and his performance, but i don't know a solution for such problems.
Or maybe playing goalie at the NHL level is really f***ing hard and while he's reached a level that 99.9% of hockey players have never attained, attaining that extra .1% may simply not be within his reach. Or just about anyone's for that matter.

Or its a mental health issue. One or the other.

Reactions: dano16

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
This was also the third game in a row where Barzal seems to be off. Looks like a psychological thing at the moment. He seems to be hitting a wall and forgetting how to make the safe plays at times. He could also decide to move more pucks to the net. Glad to see Beau back on that line, where Eberle has been pretty doggone good, but Beau still seems to lose a fair share of pucks that I felt he'd had easy control of over the second half of last season. Just some tweaks away from being pretty dangerous and even when Barzal is "off", he's still getting more chances than many of the other players can generate.
I'm curious how this line will look like when they eventually lose Eberle via a trade or a UFA. I suppose it is JHS who is groomed to replace him (if he's fit and still with the organization). Not sure JHS and Barzal will be good together. JHS was very good with JT in those rare moments they played together, but Barzal is a better playmaker than JT, and worse as a finisher, and both Barzal and JHS are natural playmakers. Don't want to see them passing to each other for eternity.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I'm curious how this line will look like when they eventually lose Eberle via a trade or a UFA. I suppose it is JHS who is groomed to replace him (if he's fit and still with the organization). Not sure JHS and Barzal will be good together. JHS was very good with JT in those rare moments they played together, but Barzal is a better playmaker than JT, and worse as a finisher, and both Barzal and JHS are natural playmakers. Don't want to see them passing to each other for eternity.

Let's see if Ho-Sang is even an Islander next month.

Yea, him and Barzal are not exactly complimentary. If anything Wahlstrom will be the guy poised to be on Barzals RW. He needs a trigger man - Eberle is good, but Barzal needs a bonafide sniper and the guy who plays that position and models his game after Laine & Ovi seems like a perfect fit.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Yea, him and Barzal are not exactly complimentary. If anything Wahlstrom will be the guy poised to be on Barzals RW. He needs a trigger man - Eberle is good, but Barzal needs a bonafide sniper and the guy who plays that position and models his game after Laine & Ovi seems like a perfect fit.
How far is Wahlstrom from making the league? More than 1 year, surely?

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00