"10 Memorable Games in Canadiens History" and other hockey DVDs

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland

I have the classic USSR vs. Canada semi-final, but I haven't seen anything else from the tournament. Hopefully the quality will be good; my copy of the USSR-CAN game is quite horrible.

I'm just a little worried about the "contains a number of Team Canada's round-robin games" in the product description. Okay, I'm not dying to see the Canada-West Germany game, but I would like to see the others - especially vs. USA (4-4 tie) and vs. USSR (a 6-3 loss).

EdmontonFanatic

Dec 16, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I have the classic USSR vs. Canada semi-final, but I haven't seen anything else from the tournament. Hopefully the quality will be good; my copy of the USSR-CAN game is quite horrible.

I'm just a little worried about the "contains a number of Team Canada's round-robin games" in the product description. Okay, I'm not dying to see the Canada-West Germany game, but I would like to see the others - especially vs. USA (4-4 tie) and vs. USSR (a 6-3 loss).

I'm sure that the DVD will have all of the round-robin games, unless they couldn't find tapes for that game. This was the case for the '76 Canada Cup dvd, where it had all of Canada's round-robin games, minus the one against Finland where the tape was either missing or destroyed.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Just picked up my copy of the '84 Canada Cup DVD from the post office today, and was pleasantly surprised to see that in addition to all of Canada's games from the '84 tournament, it also includes the Soviets 8-1 win over Canada from the '81 Canada Cup. I wasn't expecting that as I didn't see it mentioned in the online product description.

EdmontonFanatic

Dec 16, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Just picked up my copy of the '84 Canada Cup DVD from the post office today, and was pleasantly surprised to see that in addition to all of Canada's games from the '84 tournament, it also includes the Soviets 8-1 win over Canada from the '81 Canada Cup. I wasn't expecting that as I didn't see it mentioned in the online product description.
Yeah, I bought mine today at HMV, and was also surprised to see the 81' final included. It was an added nice touch, and if this set sells well, I would love to see the 91' tournament be released on DVD. I have the 76 and 87 sets, and its nice to relive those days.

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland

Wow, that is a nice surprise. And I'm glad that the DVD set has all the Team Canada games from the 1984 tournament.

Can you say something about the overall quality?

EdmontonFanatic

Dec 16, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Wow, that is a nice surprise. And I'm glad that the DVD set has all the Team Canada games from the 1984 tournament.

Can you say something about the overall quality?

The first thing I checked was the semifinal game against the Soviets. The video company remastering these games did a remarkable job doing so, and that game looked so much better, almost like you were watching it live. After that, I checked the other games, and the quality was great. Worth every dollar, in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad