10 games before trade deadline

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No worries guys, Bergy has it covered in his agenda.

23un4p.jpg

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
If we win all 10 games we'd be at 66 points in 61 games. Assuming other WC contenders go ~500, majority of them would also be right around 66 points in 61 games.

That would leave us with 21 games to go to determine which team makes the playoffs.
YOU’RE STILL GOING WITH THIS? WAKE UP! :help:

Reactions: Habset

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Power of positive thinking.

If they only score 9 goals, but Price has a bunch of shutouts and they win a few games 1-0 in a shootout, we can win 10 without even scoring 10 goals!

This isn’t positive thinking man. It’s insanity lol

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Ducks - win SO\OT 2-1
Sens - win 5-3
Flyers - lose 5-1
Preds - lose 6-0
Avs - lose OT\SO 3-2
Coyotes lose 5--3
Vegas - lose 3-1
Flyers - lose 2-1
Rangers - win 3-2 SO\OT
TB - lose 4-0

3W-6L -1OTL

I would be amazed if we beat the ducks, they are the epitome of everything that we are not. as we suck they must not. We might get lucky an play like we did against the avalanche last time for one, maybe 2 of those games.

im thinking 2-8 or 2-7-1

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
I don't care and I'm not sure why anyone care.

People are interested in seeing how low we can manage to go. My prediction is 3-6-1, but I sure wish it's 0-10-0 to consolidate our place near the bottom of the standings and not to give Bergevin any ideas.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
As much as I think the Habs can’t fall lower than fourth last where they are now, Ottawa is five points back with two games in hand, we play Anaheim tomorrow and face them Sunday. And as much as their goaltending sucks, they have more offense than we do. We could very likely fall below them.

Buffalo was missing Ristolainen for a good chunk of the first part of the season and he’s been a point a game in January after getting his feet back. If we continue to not be able to score, I’m excited to see how bad we can actually be and whether Buffalo can catch us.

We’re last place in the league in points received since Christmas.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
If we win all 10 games we'd be at 66 points in 61 games. Assuming other WC contenders go ~500, majority of them would also be right around 66 points in 61 games.

That would leave us with 21 games to go to determine which team makes the playoffs.

Lmao.

You're going to keep going with this until we're mathematically eliminated, aren't you?

Reactions: groovejuice

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Lmao.

You're going to keep going with this until we're mathematically eliminated, aren't you?

In my defense I wasn't wrong. I said we were a win streak away from being back in the race.

If we had won our last 3 games instead of losing them (just 3 games, not 6, 7 or 10) we'd be sitting 4 points back with 31 games to go and same amounts of game played as everyone else in the wildcard race. Or as I like to put it "back in the race".

We were within realistic striking distance when I made that claim.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
In my defense I wasn't wrong. I said we were a win streak away from being back in the race.

If we had won our last 3 games instead of losing them (just 3 games, not 6, 7 or 10) we'd be sitting 4 points back with 31 games to go and same amounts of game played as everyone else in the wildcard race. Or as I like to put it "back in the race".

We were within realistic striking distance when I made that claim.

No we weren't. Not even a little bit. It's over. All we can do now is ruin our pick.

Reactions: Runner77

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
As much as I think the Habs can’t fall lower than fourth last where they are now, Ottawa is five points back with two games in hand, we play Anaheim tomorrow and face them Sunday. And as much as their goaltending sucks, they have more offense than we do. We could very likely fall below them.

Buffalo was missing Ristolainen for a good chunk of the first part of the season and he’s been a point a game in January after getting his feet back. If we continue to not be able to score, I’m excited to see how bad we can actually be and whether Buffalo can catch us.

We’re last place in the league in points received since Christmas.
Wow we are even ready for the tank next year too!
Need to rebuild no choice lets do it.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I'd be thrilled with 0-10-0, but I'll settle for no regulation wins during the stretch.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
No we weren't. Not even a little bit. It's over. All we can do now is ruin our pick.

You're just arguing in bad faith.

I said 2 weeks ago a win streak can put us back in the race. You guys all said even with a win streak we're too far behind. Well it looks like I was right.

We lost 3 games since the all star break. If we had won those 3 games, today we'd be sitting at 52 points in 51 games.

Philly has 56 points in 51 games
Carolina has 56 points in 52 games
Rangers have 55 points in 51 games
Islanders have 55 points in 52 games

You honestly think that a team with 52 points in 51 games should be considered "eliminated" from the playoffs with 31 games to go?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
You're just arguing in bad faith.

I said 2 weeks ago a win streak can put us back in the race. You guys all said even with a win streak we're too far behind. Well it looks like I was right.

We lost 3 games since the all star break. If we had won those 3 games, today we'd be sitting at 52 points in 51 games.

Philly has 56 points in 51 games
Carolina has 56 points in 52 games
Rangers have 55 points in 51 games
Islanders have 55 points in 52 games

You honestly think that a team with 52 points in 51 games should be considered "eliminated" from the playoffs with 31 games to go?

You forgot one thing.
This is an horrible team.

To win games, you need a good team.

The things you said makes senses if the Habs was just an okay team who had some bad luck and eventually will turn it around....but this is not the case. They are simply bad and bad teams don't go on a 4-5-6 winning streak.

You can win a poker hand with 7-2, but if you play that hand everytime, you'll lose a ton of money and won't be able to win more than 2-3 hands out of 10 at best with some bluffs.

The Habs are 7-2.
You were saying that hand could win 10 straight games......

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
You forgot one thing.
This is an horrible team.

To win games, you need a good team.

The things you said makes senses if the Habs was just an okay team who had some bad luck and eventually will turn it around....but this is not the case. They are simply bad and bad teams don't go on a 4-5-6 winning streak.

You can win a poker hand with 7-2, but if you play that hand everytime, you'll lose a ton of money and won't be able to win more than 2-3 hands out of 10 at best with some bluffs.

The Habs are 7-2.
You were saying that hand could win 10 straight games......

Well obviously that's one way of looking at it.

I still think we have the best goalie in the world - a goalie who previously unanimously won the hart/lindsay, and is still very much in his prime/peak form and should be capable of finding back his form. We also have one of the best goal scorers in the league who usually scores a guaranteed 30, and often closer to 40 goals, whose on pace for 25 now. We also have 2 extremely talented young wingers who you would expect at this stage in their development would be flirting with ppg, or at least getting close to that, who are both pacing for below 20 goals this season (Drouin is barely pacing for 11).

All our "good" players are playing bad. I kept hoping some (all?) would turn it around and simply produce at a more realistic level for their talent. That alone should have helped us win a few games.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Well obviously that's one way of looking at it.

I still think we have the best goalie in the world - a goalie who previously unanimously won the hart/lindsay, and is still very much in his prime/peak form and should be capable of finding back his form. We also have one of the best goal scorers in the league who usually scores a guaranteed 30, and often closer to 40 goals, whose on pace for 25 now. We also have 2 extremely talented young wingers who you would expect at this stage in their development would be flirting with ppg, or at least getting close to that, who are both pacing for below 20 goals this season (Drouin is barely pacing for 11).

All our "good" players are playing bad. I kept hoping some (all?) would turn it around and simply produce at a more realistic level for their talent. That alone should have helped us win a few games.

I'm one of those thinking that Price isn't a problem either.

But after that, you talk about wingers. Centers and Defense are much more important than wingers and you got absolutely nothing good to say about those positions. Nothing to look for, nothing that can turn around this disaster of a season, nothing encouraging. That's pretty much why it's a little foolish to think this team can turn it around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad