10 games before trade deadline

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
I thought it would be fun to predict the next 10 games as we are exactly 10 games to the trade deadline. Here is the schedule:

Sat. Feb 3rd: Anaheim - Home (L)
Sun. Feb 4th: Ottawa - Home (W)
Thu. Feb 8th: Philadelphia - Away (L)
Sat. Feb 10th: Nashville - Home (L)
Wed. Feb 14th: Colorado - Away (OTL)
Thu. Feb 15th: Arizona - Away (W)
Sat. Feb 17th: Vegas - Away (L)
Tue. Feb 20th: Philadelphia - Away (L)
Thu. Feb 22th: NYR - Home (W)
Sat. Feb 24th: Tampa Bay - Home (L)

So what do you guys think our record will be over that period of time?

I personally think we'll go 3-6-1. Ottawa sucks even more than us, home game, families all around the rink because it's an afternoon game. Hope I'm wrong. Colorado without MacKinnon is not a very good team either, I see them ending up with the win. Arizona is so bad, I don't really see how we could manage to pull the loss, but it would be huge. 3 points in 2 nights. Enough to make Bergevin believe we can make it to the playoffs, so he picks a plug off the waivers. NYR is getting pretty bad as well, I don't see them showing up for that game. But, much can change until that game, because of trades and standings.

I posted my preditions besides the games. What are yours? An what position do you think we'll be in by TDL?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
If we win all 10 games we'd be at 66 points in 61 games. Assuming other WC contenders go ~500, majority of them would also be right around 66 points in 61 games.

That would leave us with 21 games to go to determine which team makes the playoffs.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
There is nothing to do except a miracle. Paccioretty is among the 5th best goal scorer of the league last 5 years. If he is traded, I doubt we can get equal value. We will be even more boring to watch and it will take somehow 5 years to have another natural goal scorer.

Price is just intradable. Too much money, NMC, with the salary cap he will end his career in Montreal in a boring losing team.

Even if Bergevin tank with many draft picks with trades, do you want Timmins to draft another Scherbak, another Chipchura, another McCarron, another Fisher, another Tinordi? We want Timmins to draft more of this?

There is no miracle solution, Canadiens Team is entering into a decade of misery like Edmonton and Buffalo.

Reactions: Ihatekessel

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
There is nothing to do except a miracle. Paccioretty is among the 5th best goal scorer of the league last 5 years. If he is traded, I doubt we can get equal value. We will be even more boring to watch and it will take somehow 5 years to have another natural goal scorer.

Price is just intradable. Too much money, NMC, with the salary cap he will end his career in Montreal in a boring losing team.

Even if Bergevin tank with many draft picks with trades, do you want Timmins to draft another Scherbak, another Chipchura, another McCarron, another Fisher, another Tinordi? We want Timmins to draft more of this?

There is no miracle solution, Canadiens Team is entering into a decade of misery like Edmonton and Buffalo.

Tanking is the way forward. It's not a miracle. It's just reality. We're just the idiot johnny-come-latelies to the reality that you need elite forward talent, mostly available at the front of the draft, to compete for the ultimate prize.

Reactions: Rozz

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
It's still possible to make the playoffs, but Bergevin will have to move. Trading the first round pick in 2018 for a checking line winger that can add some much needed grit and defense to the team might just be the missing piece for that final playoff push.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
If we win all 10 games we'd be at 66 points in 61 games. Assuming other WC contenders go ~500, majority of them would also be right around 66 points in 61 games.

That would leave us with 21 games to go to determine which team makes the playoffs.

Lol are you banking on a 10 game win streak? They might not even be capable of scoring 10 goals over that period.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Lol are you banking on a 10 game win streak? They might not even be capable of scoring 10 goals over that period.
I must say, I didn't expect that kind of response to my post haha. It was pretty much to know people's feelings about how low the Habs would be by TDL, not how close to a playoffs spot :laugh:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

Power of positive thinking.

If they only score 9 goals, but Price has a bunch of shutouts and they win a few games 1-0 in a shootout, we can win 10 without even scoring 10 goals!

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

If they only score 9 goals, but Price has a bunch of shutouts and they win a few games 1-0 in a shootout, we can win 10 without even scoring 10 goals!

I think Price letting in 9 in one game and getting traded immediately after is more propoble then that scenario. We’re finished. Nothing about this team indicates that we have it in us to just randomly go on a murder streak and win 25 out of 31 games. That’s not positive thinking, it’s delusional.

Reactions: groovejuice

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sun. Feb 4th: Ottawa - Home (L OT)
Wed. Feb 14th: Colorado - Away (W)
Thu. Feb 15th: Arizona - Away (W OT)
Tue. Feb 20th: Philadelphia - Away (W)
Thu. Feb 22th: NYR - Home (L OT)

3-5-2... 8pts out of a possible 20. Tied with the Sens for 3rd last.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I admire your positive approach but we have too many key injuries and even our management is likely to start calling up Scherbak and Juulsen and rest vets while we focus on our next draft and positioning.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Sun. Feb 4th: Ottawa - Home (L OT)
Wed. Feb 14th: Colorado - Away (W)
Thu. Feb 15th: Arizona - Away (W OT)
Tue. Feb 20th: Philadelphia - Away (W)
Thu. Feb 22th: NYR - Home (L OT)

3-5-2... 8pts out of a possible 20. Tied with the Sens for 3rd last.

Overall a pretty solid prediction. Would lik one more loss in there whether it’s regulation or OT but that’s about where I see us with 3 wins.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Hoping that we trade Plekanec soon. If he gets injured, we could miss out the opportunity to get a 2nd. I remember when Gilbert got injured near the deadline and missed out on a 3rd.

Reactions: habdynasty

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The last wildcard slot looks to be pacing towards 90 points.
I admire your positive approach but we have too many key injuries and even our management is likely to start calling up Scherbak and Juulsen and rest vets while we focus on our next draft and positioning.

On a more serious note. Calling up those guys and resting our vets is likely to lead to better results than what we're getting now. Those "vets" are seriously underachieving.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Let's say they go 10-0 in the next 10, they'll be at 66 in 61, REEEEEAALLY close to the wild card... so there's still HOPE!!

Heck ya baby, we even gon' win the Superbowl, bring that bish home. We gon win everything from here on out, 25th cup I can already smell ya.

Go Habs Go!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Overall a pretty solid prediction. Would lik one more loss in there whether it’s regulation or OT but that’s about where I see us with 3 wins.

I didn't want to be too negative but I can see us just below a .500 record. Way too much injuries and the team is likely to call up Scherbak, Juulsen, and McCarron here soon.

Sens have two games in hand with an extra 5 pts. They were 3-7 in their last 10 and we were 3-5-2. We need to be better (I mean worse) than that! Over our next 10 games, the Sens play 12 games I believe. So there is those 2 games in hand.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Isnt our longest winning streak like 4 this season?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The last wildcard slot looks to be pacing towards 90 points. On a more serious note. Calling up those guys and resting our vets is likely to lead to better results than what we're getting now. Those "vets" are seriously underachieving.

I don't agree. The only guy that helps scoring is potentially Scherbak. The other two will be here for development and they will make mistakes in the process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad