Post-Game Talk: #10| FLYERS at Lightning |Thu., Oct. 30, 2014

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I thought MDZ and B Schenn had their best games of the year.

Read was awful at ES.

Manning? Not a fan.

Also time to send back Mr Akeson in my opinion.

I've liked VDV's game lately.

Agree across the board. Matt Read has been flat-out terrible in every game this season in the offensive zone. He can't execute a single play. He had the nice goal vs. Pittsburgh but has been utter **** in every other game.

Manning brought nothing to the table for me.

B. Schenn looked a lot more confident in every way last night. Hope that continues.

MDZ was very good.

The officials were horrendous. The calls on Luke and Zac were terrible. The holding the stick on Giroux that cancelled a would-be 5-on-3 was terrible. The Too Many Men on the Ice that took away a Raffl breakaway AND gave Tampa the PP that they scored the GWG on was also terrible.

Rule 74.1 - If a player is within 5 feet of his bench and nowhere near the play, he is not considered a man on the ice any longer.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Agree across the board. Matt Read has been flat-out terrible in every game this season in the offensive zone. He can't execute a single play. He had the nice goal vs. Pittsburgh but has been utter **** in every other game.

Manning brought nothing to the table for me.

B. Schenn looked a lot more confident in every way last night. Hope that continues.

MDZ was very good.

The officials were horrendous. The calls on Luke and Zac were terrible. The holding the stick on Giroux that cancelled a would-be 5-on-3 was terrible. The Too Many Men on the Ice that took away a Raffl breakaway AND gave Tampa the PP that they scored the GWG on was also terrible.

Rule 74.1 - If a player is within 5 feet of his bench and nowhere near the play, he is not considered a man on the ice any longer.

Meltzer characterized the offside call the best.....poor judgement. You don't make a borderline call like that at that juncture in the game. That ref needs some serious remediation...

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
looks like a line is umby - vinny - simmons

who plays with Read and coots? Schenn?!? - I've always wanted this line

Akeson - Bellmare - Rinaldo? - love to see anyone over rinaldo and thats a solid 4 lines!

Raffl - G - Jake
Schenn - Coots - Read
Umby - Vinny - Simmer
Akeson - Bellmare - ANYONE ELSE

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Schenn with Couts and Read is fine but

Umberger - Vinnie - Simmons is not, a defensive nightmare with its lack of speed, better play them with the #1 defensive pairing (not that we have one right now).

Rinaldo - Bellamare - Akeson was very effective at the beginning of the season, lot's of speed, and Rinaldo is underrated as a forechecker, he'll go get the puck and so will Bellamare, problem with Rinaldo are those mind fart penalties of his, he's doing it less this season but still has to become more disciplined to be a first rate agitator.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, although the 2nd line is an abomination now, I'm really interested to see how Schenn does with Couturier and Read. I think it could be a pleasant surprise.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Schenn with Couts and Read is fine but

Umberger - Vinnie - Simmons is not, a defensive nightmare with its lack of speed, better play them with the #1 defensive pairing (not that we have one right now).

Rinaldo - Bellamare - Akeson was very effective at the beginning of the season, lot's of speed, and Rinaldo is underrated as a forechecker, he'll go get the puck and so will Bellamare, problem with Rinaldo are those mind fart penalties of his, he's doing it less this season but still has to become more disciplined to be a first rate agitator.

What are you talking about? Umberger and Simmonds are fine defensively, and Vinny has been a lot better than last year. None of them are particularly slow either if Vinny comes back skating the way he was to start the season.

That's a perfectly good 3rd line, I really don't know what you expect to get out of your 3rd line if you think that's a nightmare.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
I wanted to see Schenn with Couturier for a little while last year. Could be interesting.

And Simmonds has really improved defensively in his time here. Umberger is generally responsible, too, so I'm hoping that they can make up for Vinny's lack, of, um, awareness in his own end...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad