Post-Game Talk: #10 | Flyers at Leafs | November 2, 2022 | 7:00 PM | Loss 5-2

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
If I'm trading Carter Hart I'm being greedy - 2 1sts, young up and coming roster player and one of the many albatross contracts they have -- Ellis Couturier Sanhein Risto Atkinson Hayes -- going the other way with no retention......
yea, i hear you but if fletcher were to put him out there, he would notget good offfers

What coach do you think would have this team winning or even in the analytics battle right now?
none, but carter hart on the other hand....

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There's no bad luck involved in playing both Deslauriers and MacEwen every single game they are available for. That's just bad coaching.

You spent all summer hyping up the Cates-Frost-Tippett line, and now the coach is refusing to play them together at all, you're just gonna pretend like that wasn't you? :laugh:
We're ten games in. A lot is going to change as the season goes along.
Note that Cates and Tippett have replaced JVR and Atkinson, some of these decisions are driven by injuries.
It's just that they're playing with Laughton instead of Frost.

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
We're ten games in. A lot is going to change as the season goes along.
Note that Cates and Tippett have replaced JVR and Atkinson, some of these decisions are driven by injuries.
It's just that they're playing with Laughton instead of Frost.
What's the point of ever having a conversation with internet strangers if there's zero consistency to your rhetoric? It's entirely meaningless.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wait. William Karlsson, who was given 4th line minutes and broke out as soon as he was traded away from him is a Torts development success?
Karlsson was made a starter by Torts, it was the idiot GM who threw him at Vegas in the ED.
Had they kept Karlsson, pretty sure he'd have moved up the food chain.

Jake is already -7 in ten games, think I'll just go with Atkinson on LTIR. :cool:

Jake (33), Nyquist (33), Gubranson (31), Kuraly (30), Merzlikins - $25M against the cap and no LTIR in sight.
They may be in a worse situation than the Flyers.
Straight downhill since they let Torts walk.

Flyers can trade for JG in 3 years and get assets to boot when they try to dump his salary.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Karlsson was made a starter by Torts, it was the idiot GM who threw him at Vegas in the ED.
Had they kept Karlsson, pretty sure he'd have moved up the food chain.

Jake is already -7 in ten games, think I'll just go with Atkinson on LTIR. :cool:

Flyers can trade for JG in 3 years and get assets to boot when they try to dump his salary.

He was made a starter by the GM, the guy who makes the roster. The guy that Tortorella disagreed with on roster decisions, yet could only go along with them.

Weird that a non-established GM can somehow boss Tortorella around and supposedly, Fletcher can only tremble and obey. Very weird.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Nothing weird, Torts probably let them know what he planned to do when they interviewed him, and given that they're already paying $9M, he's not getting fired anytime soon.

Meanwhile, Fletcher is on borrowed time, do you really think he wants to confront a HC with a reputation of straight shooting with the media who has nothing to lose?

This is Torts last coaching gig, and I'm sure he'd be hired a day after he was fired by the NHL network or ESPN - he's what they love.

So you tell me who has the most leverage?

Reactions: Bob Clarke Fan Club

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Nothing weird, Torts probably let them know what he planned to do when they interviewed him, and given that they're already paying $9M, he's not getting fired anytime soon.

Meanwhile, Fletcher is on borrowed time, do you really think he wants to confront a HC with a reputation of straight shooting with the media who has nothing to lose?

This is Torts last coaching gig, and I'm sure he'd be hired a day after he was fired by the NHL network or ESPN - he's what they love.

So you tell me who has the most leverage?

Fletcher has the most leverage, given that he is the most powerful management figure in team history and Tortorella is already cruising to retirement. He's admitted to checking out on things like communication and systems. What borrowed time? This is the Flyers. Clarke isn't dead yet. His crony will remain as president. Briere will be GM. He's on tenure, not borrowed time. When this all blows up Fletcher and Friends will blame all the players and Scott will believe it because he doesn't know anything and doesn't care.

But yeah I'm sure that for the first time in his career Tort has somehow magically taken over all power in an established front office as an outsider, despite never doing anything like that before, and is enforcing his will. Never mind that "his will" looks a hell of a lot like Fletcher's normal operations and completely contradicts what you said we should expect and what would be best.

You're just completely in dreamland with Tortorella. It says a lot that you have to construct these elaborate baseless fantasies completely disconnected from all observable reality to defend management. Have you considered coming to grips with the idea that they don't deserve to be defended if the only way to do it is through fiction?

Reactions: Garbage Goal

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
All this season is going to accomplish is ruining Hart as a player (for us at least). Finishing off some of whatever prospect talent we have with a two tap to the back of the head too.

As someone who genuinely stopped caring about the team approaching years ago at this point and has completely given up hope, that makes me genuinely sad. That the only theme this season will be ruining Hart as he tries to carry them on his back til he becomes like everything else this organization touches.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad