GDT: 10/9 Sabres (2-0-1) v. Canadiens (1-0-1) @ 7:00PM

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Some superior coaching to put Marcus on the ice in that situation when you’ve got shooters leg VO and Skinner sitting on the bench.
I liked the 4 he put out. I didn’t get to watch the whole game but those 4 seemed like he was playing the 4 that “deserved” it rather than just throwing out the usuals.

Reactions: Dingo44

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I liked the 4 he put out. I didn’t get to watch the whole game but those 4 seemed like he was playing the 4 that “deserved” it rather than just throwing out the usuals.

Would have been very curious who was coming over the boards next, glad we didnt find out

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
He got horribly outcoached tonight, granted we have too many slugs still on the roster

He was out coached a bit ....... by a Stanley Cup winning coach. Not horribly but he didn't have real time answers to the Habs offensive zone pressure and speed.

Not surprised. It's hard to shut that kinda of momentum down. He needed to call a time out and regroup. Hutton was getting shell shocked.

But his line choices in OT and in the last few minutes of the 3rd were solid.

He's learning too......

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
There was no third line in the game today at all, Sobotka is simply terrible, cannot even shoot normally, falls constantly, he is clearly not suitable for the second line, Vesey has such a place in Rochester as Casey.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Would have been very curious who was coming over the boards next, glad we didnt find out
In the next PP unit? Any number of guys. Maybe the “4th” line with Dahlin or Risto. Skinner Olofsson Dahlin Risto. Who knows who cares. The 4 he put out to start ended the game.

CrankyJay

May 17, 2006
Lancaster, NY
He was out coached a bit ....... by a Stanley Cup winning coach. Not horribly but he didn't have real time answers to the Habs offensive zone pressure and speed.

Not surprised. It's hard to shut that kinda of momentum down. He needed to call a time out and regroup. Hutton was getting shell shocked.

But his line choices in OT and in the last few minutes of the 3rd were solid.

He's learning too......

yeah he should have burned a timeout.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
A very similar game to the streak from last year, Hutton had a huge game

I agree, but I feel like the Habs play on the borderline interference on nearly every puck battle. They could of had even more penalties then they took. So much clutching and grabbing this game, limited the Sabres breakout.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
not sure he was outcoached, still working with what he has and i think he managed things pretty well. "3rd" line is a hole, Vlad, although better is still a filler there. liked bumping Skinner up in a couple of situations. D fell apart but i'm not sure that was coaching more than the collective tonight, nobody was hooked up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad