GDT: 10/9 Sabres (2-0-1) v. Canadiens (1-0-1) @ 7:00PM

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I cant wrap my head around Ralph's dislike of ERod, is it something to do with his "physicality"? Worst case he should be in over Sobotka/Mitts and used on the PK

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I cant wrap my head around Ralph's dislike of ERod, is it something to do with his "physicality"? Worst case he should be in over Sobotka/Mitts and used on the PK
and i never could wrap my head around the love for ERod. He's a try hard AHL hero in my eyes, just doesnt have the IQ or the next gear to take the step, nor the jam..but I think its splitting hairs with all of the bottom 1/4 F's Erod, Vesey, Vlad, Sheary..thankfully Cozens, Asplund, Tage and Pekar are coming at some point to rid us of em

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
and i never could wrap my head around the love for ERod. He's a try hard AHL hero in my eyes, just doesnt have the IQ or the next gear to take the step, nor the jam..but I think its splitting hairs with all of the bottom 1/4 F's Erod, Vesey, Vlad, Sheary..thankfully Cozens, Asplund, Tage and Pekar are coming at some point to rid us of em
probably because he's actually somewhat productive a good PKer for the most part and would fit in the lineup a lot better than some others particularly Sobotka? He doesn't stand around like Sobotka does and hounds puck carriers and can actually generate offense on a rush. Also players like him imo breed more effort from other players because they see him trying and want to try harder too....If I was Sobotka's teammate I'd be like wtf is this dude doing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chainshot

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
ERod is a positive contributor on both ends of the ice in every situation. That's nothing to scoff at.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Erod hardly makes any money either...you need guys with next to nothing cap hits on your roster

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
In the next PP unit? Any number of guys. Maybe the “4th” line with Dahlin or Risto. Skinner Olofsson Dahlin Risto. Who knows who cares. The 4 he put out to start ended the game.

The PP ended right before the goal was scored, so the next 4 would have been for 4-on-4 hockey (until a whistle). I'm guessing Skinner, Sobotka/Vesey, Dahlin, and Risto would have been that group of 4.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
There's no way Ralph doesn't like ERod for not being physical when hes giving Vesey a spot. He was getting banged up in the corners, a place where you would never find Vesey.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Post-Game Report: 10/9 vs. Montreal

Posted on October 9, 2019 by lindseybrownsabrescom | Leave a comment

Final Score
1st2nd3rdOTSOFinalSOG
Canadiens
(1-0-2)
Sabres
(3-0-1)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Game Summary
Event Summary

Top Notes
  • With tonight’s win, the Sabres have won their first two home games for the first time since the 2008-09 season.
  • With his goal tonight, Victor Olofsson has now scored in each of Buffalo’s last three games, tying James Neal for the NHL lead with four power-play goals this season.
  • Each of Olofsson’s six career goals have come on the man advantage. He has tied an NHL record by becoming the fourth player in NHL history to score each of his first six goals on the power play, joining Craig Norwich, Sylvain Turgeon and Jeff Norton.
  • With two power-play goals tonight, the Sabres have scored multiple power-play tallies in three straight games for the first time since March 4 to 7, 2009.
  • With two assists tonight, Rasmus Dahlin now has points in each of the Sabres’ first four games. His seven points (1+6) are currently tied for third-most in the league.
  • Dahlin’s four-game point streak is the third-longest streak by a teenage defensemen to open a season in NHL history. He now sits one game shy of tying his career-high five-game point streak, a feat he achieved last season from Jan. 8 to Jan. 16, recording six points (1+5) during that span.
  • Jack Eichel recorded his first four-point game of the season with two goals and two assists. It is the sixth game of his career with at least four points and his first since Dec. 16, 2018 at Boston.
  • Jeff Skinner’s goal tonight gives him at least a point in three straight games (3+1).
Tonight’s Goaltenders

Tonight’s Stats
TeamGoaltenderDecisionSV%GAA
CanadiensKinkaidL.8724.93
SabresHuttonW.8523.92
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Updated Season Stats
TeamGoaltenderRecordSV%GAA
CanadiensKinkaid0-0-1.8724.93
SabresHutton3-0-0.9082.32
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Post-Game Audio

Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger
Sabres forward Marcus Johansson
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres goaltender Carter Hutton
Canadiens head coach Claude Julien
Canadiens forward Joel Armia
Canadiens forward Nate Thompson
Canadiens defenseman Ben Chiarot
Canadiens goaltender Keith Kinkaid

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
There's no way Ralph doesn't like ERod for not being physical when hes giving Vesey a spot. He was getting banged up in the corners, a place where you would never find Vesey.
Last year Erod had 33 hits in 68 games. I cannot fathom how a player can be on the ice in the NHL and not hit anyone at least one time during a game. Unless the statisticians record half hits. I think RK has emphasized finishing on the forecheck. It was evident in the Pitt and Devils games and less so in CBJ. And when the players do finish, the support and positioning are set up to turn the ice in their favor. LOG does this every shift. Maybe that is what gives RK reservations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad