GDT: 10/9 Game 2: Holiday Matinee: Colorado 4 BRUINS 0 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
not sure, I do know Barbados celebrates no such holiday as we have our wedding planner from Sandals calling us today to discuss details about our big day in March

I more meant today is a tough day to have a matinee. Other than schools...most people in the US/Boston area have business as normal.

It’s too bad. Our culture works so hard and the holiday calendar is getting more and more compressed.

Holiday matinees are a nice tradition, but not so much when it’s not a holiday for most folks.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I more meant today is a tough day to have a matinee. Other than schools...most people in the US/Boston area have business as normal.

It’s too bad. Our culture works so hard and the holiday calendar is getting more and more compressed.

Holiday matinees are a nice tradition, but not so much when it’s not a holiday for most folks.

The rule of thumb for most companies seems to be to work on Columbus Day and then give Black Friday off.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Not us. we are based on the stock market. If they're open, we're open. :thumbd:

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Yay! I have today off. Nanny just showed up to watch the baby. Heeding into Manhattan to do some work, watch the game somewhere, meet the wife for lunch and then do some last minute preperation for our trip to India in Friday.

I saw Colorado lose to NJ at the Rock on Saturday. Colorado looks awful. Not sure how they beat the rangers. NJ had then hemmed in their own zone about 75% of the game. Hopefully the Bruins look as good as they did in game 1 and they should have this game.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I've been interested to try this on the new site. There's so many ads you can't even place a wager.

@s3antana5757 - Please go to our support board located here

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/support.68/

Reports about bad ads should include the following:
1. Location/Country
2. Device
3. Browser
4. Company/product of ad.
5. A screen shot if possible,
6. Brief description of how the ad is a problem.
7. Page/Pages affected
How to take screenshots:
Android devices - power button + vol down
iOS - power button + home screen button
Desktop - browser addons can be used with Chrome and Firefox, Moo0 Screenshot can be used with anything
Windows 10 : windows key + print screen

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
This is where work from home comes in handy. I can get work done, and still enjoy the game. Its become a tradition for me the last few years.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Boston is going to be a busy city today.

Very odd Boston hasn't beaten Colorado at home in nearly twenty years.

Glad Krug is back. Gives Boston 3 solid pairings.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Boston is going to be a busy city today.

Very odd Boston hasn't beaten Colorado at home in nearly twenty years.

Glad Krug is back. Gives Boston 3 solid pairings.

Sox game
Bruins game
Tufts 10k

I’ll be slogging through the latter to head out to watch the first two.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
The rule of thumb for most companies seems to be to work on Columbus Day and then give Black Friday off.

This is what I have had so far in my young professional career.

And I prefer it as turns Thanksgiving into a four day weekend

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yay! I have today off. Nanny just showed up to watch the baby. Heeding into Manhattan to do some work, watch the game somewhere, meet the wife for lunch and then do some last minute preperation for our trip to India in Friday.

I saw Colorado lose to NJ at the Rock on Saturday. Colorado looks awful. Not sure how they beat the rangers. NJ had then hemmed in their own zone about 75% of the game. Hopefully the Bruins look as good as they did in game 1 and they should have this game.

@Boston BROin - so how big is that scoreboard in Newark?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
It's been too long since Krug has played... It's easy to forget how important he is to this team.

So happy to finally have him back.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Thanks for the great GDT! I'm in Canada, so it is a day off but we have to drive my daughter to Toronto so we will miss the end of the game. Hopefully I can stay away from social media and not see the final score. I'm recording it so I can pick up where we left off....hopefully not too late but the Thanksgiving drive across the 401 will not be fun. I hate going to TO!

Time to end that silly streak and get a convincing win!! GO BRUINS!!! :bruins

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

I only get 6 paid holidays now that I'm consulting. But I guess that's better than some consulting companies where you don't get any days.

Not us. we are based on the stock market. If they're open, we're open. :thumbd:

I used to work in financial services. I remember those days. Remember being jealous when the fixed equity groups would have the day off when the bond market was closed.

Reactions: TP

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
@Boston BROin - so how big is that scoreboard in Newark?

It really is enormous, but completely unnecessary. Maybe it was just me, but the content on the screen didn't seem optimized for it. A lot of the video didn't seem to be as clear or top quality as the HDX at the Garden. It was just massive. The folks in NJ didn't really think if the should install that thing, they just wanted to know if they could. Honestly, the HDX at the Garden is perfect for an arena that size.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Counting down the seconds until puckdrop. Go B's!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad