GDT: 10/9/14 - Colorado @ Minnesota - 8PM CDT/4AM Suomi - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Cooke on the 2nd line could be great. I think Avs might just concentrate a little bit too much on him and Vanek and Koivu say thank you.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Do you Finland guys have gamecenter or something? Or are there NHL games on TV in Finland?

Since Koivu and Granlund are their saviors all 60,000 fins congregate on their town hall and project the game in black and white against the brick building while consuming vodka and cigarettes. Intermission breaks are spent in the port-a-saunas.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
More of this please. Let's Go Wild!

850824677.gif

He SLUNG that puck so hard. I love it......

............... Pause.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
Game is at 8pm. Work at 4 am. Teach me finlanders.

Try take a few hours sleep before game and few after that. Then lots of coffee and wondering thoughts without no rhyme or reason for the rest of the day :laugh: Repeat until the season is over.

4.am is a killer for me workwise :rant:

Last edited:

FredfromAustria

Dec 30, 2006
Austria
I think the fins will get some assistance from a couple of austrians, following T. Vanek from Buffallo, via NY and Montreal to St. Paul.

I hope for a good season and Tom, please bring the :stanley: to austria!

btw, the game will start here at 3am:)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think the fins will get some assistance from a couple of austrians, following T. Vanek from Buffallo, via NY and Montreal to St. Paul.

Wouldn't that be T. Vanek from Minneapolis (University of Minnesota), via Buffalo, NY and Montreal to St. Paul? ;)

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Most of us pay 25e/month to get Viaplay package. That gives us NHL Gamecenter for the same price. Viaplay is about the same service as Netflix with a bit different content.

And how to do these games? I will just sleep 4 hours. Wake up 4am, watch game and drink coffee & cola, then go to work 7am. Get home around 4pm, eat, get Puhis from train station and drive to next job. Get home at ~9.30pm. Eat, browse HFB, sleep for couple of hours. I also have both saturday AND sunday work scheduled for 7am-4pm. These 12 day work weeks are ****ing fabulous. I also just came from my evening classes, as I'm trying to get into med school at this same time.
That is a commitment.

Where I haven't even spent the necessary time to figure out how to buy a Granlund Suomi jersey....

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009

My brother-in-law just came back from a music festival in Salzburg. Said Austria is amazing.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
we waited all summer for this, now lets drop the puck. watching SJ pound LA was sweet last night. lets do the same to the avs. GO WILD!

argotsato

Jan 10, 2007
Is Kuemper the clear cut starter for the time being? Or is he splitting the workload with Backstrom?

DUMBA55

Jun 18, 2013
"Can you address the Adrian Dater situation? Have you ever been in that situation?
by Brayden 12:02 PM ↑6

I think Adrian knows he messed up, and I can tell you from chatting with him, he feels beyond terrible. I haven't been in this situation, but interestingly, I was talking with my editor a couple days after what happened, and we were talking about how easy it is to mess up on Twitter. It's a lot easier than you can imagine. Some people can be so vicious and mean-spirited on there, and hey, I'm a human being, too. Say something to try to hurt me, I'll be hurt. Say something to me that ticks me off, and my first instinct is to react. I think this was a good reminder and eye-opener that we do have to remember we represent our employer and have to be professional at all times. As for Adrian's situation, I think he'd be the first to admit he initiated this one and very, very, very remorseful for what happened. I feel for him because I have known him 20 years. He's a good guy and I think very good at his job. - Russo "

This came from the Russo StarTrib chat today. What happened with Adrian Dater? I completely missed this whole deal

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
"Can you address the Adrian Dater situation? Have you ever been in that situation?
by Brayden 12:02 PM ↑6

I think Adrian knows he messed up, and I can tell you from chatting with him, he feels beyond terrible. I haven't been in this situation, but interestingly, I was talking with my editor a couple days after what happened, and we were talking about how easy it is to mess up on Twitter. It's a lot easier than you can imagine. Some people can be so vicious and mean-spirited on there, and hey, I'm a human being, too. Say something to try to hurt me, I'll be hurt. Say something to me that ticks me off, and my first instinct is to react. I think this was a good reminder and eye-opener that we do have to remember we represent our employer and have to be professional at all times. As for Adrian's situation, I think he'd be the first to admit he initiated this one and very, very, very remorseful for what happened. I feel for him because I have known him 20 years. He's a good guy and I think very good at his job. - Russo "

This came from the Russo StarTrib chat today. What happened with Adrian Dater? I completely missed this whole deal

http://deadspin.com/denver-post-suspends-avalanche-beat-writer-for-twitter-1643760909

That's what.

He's always been an a-hole, though. Even more so than Russo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad