GDT: 10/8: Starting Fresh Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers 7:30pm ET NBCSN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Terrible 2nd period by the Bruins. Hoping they can bounce back and play a strong 3rd.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
After a bad start to the period, not a bad period for the B's.

The Bergy line has such great chemistry. It's like they're in mid-season form.

Yeti and Kelly solid.

A Healthy Kelly*

rinaldo looks like the type of guy that would send food back at a restaurant twice

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Anyone think Paille would be a better fit with Yeti and Loui than Kelly?

They tried it briefly last year. Didn't jive, but in Paille's defense, he was also dealing w/ concussions.

I'm all for giving Paille a chance to have a bigger role. Especially w/ his speed. But, I'm in the minority.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Caron would be giving us so much more than Robbins and Cunningham

You can't be serious...seriously, I can't believe you are actually serious.

Secondly, I love that Claude is jumbling up the lines. Truthfully, I'm sure that will last a five game maximum before he sets them and refuses to alter them no matter what...but I like the experimentation right now.

Overall, I am happy with this game. I hate that it's 1-0, given the Flyers have been outplayed by a pretty good margin, but that happens. Just keep going at them in the third...don't fall into a shell in the third in the first game of the year.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The Bergy line has such great chemistry. It's like they're in mid-season form.

I really think they're going to have to carry this team in the early part of the season with Lucic/Krejci getting better acclimated to whoever ends up on the other wing, along with coming back from injuries.

This definitely isn't the start I'd like to see from the defense after trading Boychuk. That was just a comedy of errors for Seidenberg in the 2nd after Hamilton looked awful in the 1st.

2KA

Oct 15, 2013
Saskatchewan
You can't be serious...seriously, I can't believe you are actually serious.

Secondly, I love that Claude is jumbling up the lines. Truthfully, I'm sure that will last a five game maximum before he sets them and refuses to alter them no matter what...but I like the experimentation right now.

Overall, I am happy with this game. I hate that it's 1-0, given the Flyers have been outplayed by a pretty good margin, but that happens. Just keep going at them in the third...don't fall into a shell in the third in the first game of the year.

Should have used the :sarcasm:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Robins/L. Schenn

FrigidAmazingCollie.gif

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Looks like different pairings for 2nd. Siedenberg-Hamilton looked pretty good together. McQuaid and Chara seriously lacking footspeed. A little too much Bambi on ice for my liking. Bartkowski is getting into the rotation sooner or later. McQuaid/Miller are the same player. Been saying it all along. Only need one.

Soderberg is incredible. With his 2nd half + playoffs last year, I'm close to putting him in that core group of forwards with Bergeron, Lucic, Krejci, Marchand. He's gained a couple steps over the summer. Looks confident as well.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Does Bart play right side?

I can see a situation where they might use Bart with Chara and keep Seids and Dougie together.

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
I really think they're going to have to carry this team in the early part of the season with Lucic/Krejci getting better acclimated to whoever ends up on the other wing, along with coming back from injuries.

This definitely isn't the start I'd like to see from the defense after trading Boychuk. That was just a comedy of errors for Seidenberg in the 2nd after Hamilton looked awful in the 1st.

What worries me is that there is no true top tier player to play with Lucic and Krejci. Can't be a game of musical chairs when it comes to a top line especially on a Cup contender. Chemistry must be established early and carry though to the playoffs.

Bergy line can't be broken up and it appears Louie / Soda works. Although I like the kids, asking them to produce on a top line is unrealistic. No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad