GDT: 10/8/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Philadelphia VS Tampa Bay | F/WOT 3-2

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm starting to think Drouin has more chemistry with Cally than Stamkos.

Maybe. Drouin's slowing plays down a lot, buying guys time to set up. Stamkos operates best at full speed. Whatever the case, the top-9 looks solid as of now.

Wouldn't mind seeing Namestnikov swapped out for Paquette a few times this year though. The old flaws still seem to be there.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Maybe. Drouin's slowing plays down a lot, buying guys time to set up. Stamkos operates best at full speed. Whatever the case, the top-9 looks solid as of now.

Wouldn't mind seeing Namestnikov swapped out for Paquette a few times this year though. The old flaws still seem to be there.

Oh yeah - agree completely. I'm kind of done with Namestnikov now. He just looks weak.

We have a lot of small players on this team that I have never questioned toughness wise. Namestnikov just looks too small for this league. Paquette would make that fourth line a ***** to play against.

TBL12345

May 19, 2015
NY, NY
Stamkos also looks lost. Sometimes he just needs to go on the ice and the objective should be to shoot as much as possible - good things will happen. One day Cooper will urge him to do this.

ArmaHedman

Nov 30, 2006
Sarasota, FL
We're starting to see the Drouin we saw in juniors where the offense funnels through him. He looks super confident with the puck.

v03u9GL.jpg

:yo:

Drouin in Beastmode so far!

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

That's the thing, Drouin is allowing Cally and Stammer to get into position and sustain pressure, Cally does his thing, and is getting rewarded for it. He had time to make that heads up play to Garrison, but Drouin started the play.

ArmaHedman

Nov 30, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Nice to see our PP get a timely goal.

Last year they tended to get PP goals when we already had the game in hand and not when they needed a goal to go ahead or tie up a game. In the end the PP% wasn't as bad as the PP really was.

Very hopeful we can get the PP goals when we need them this year as we have in past years.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
i'd like to miss sustr yzerman please ?

Don't get hating on Sustr right now either? He's been fine this game, as has Carle.

Hell, Coburn has been the worst defenseman so far. New season - give them a chance to **** up before you jump down their throats.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Big fan of Condra...excellent player. Engblom is fine...he needs to start saying we & us instead of Tampa. He is actually an excellent commentator. I like chief ... but this is better. Chief is good for a laugh...Engblom is excellent commentator. Chief has spent how many years to build up as a fan of the Lightning? Engblom isn't even done with his first game. Some people are just like ... wtf? when it comes to expectations.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Big fan of Condra...excellent player. Engblom is fine...he needs to start saying we & us instead of Tampa. He is actually an excellent commentator. I like chief ... but this is better. Chief is good for a laugh...Engblom is excellent commentator. Chief has spent how many years to build up as a fan of the Lightning? Engblom isn't even done with his first game. Some people are just like ... wtf? when it comes to expectations.

He's already off to a better start in the 3rd period. But I'm not holding my breath. :popcorn:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Why did everyone just stand back and let the puck get into our zone like that?

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I was a bit woried there that Kuch was hurt but looks ike it was just something with his skate.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I don't like how weak we are on the puck at times, Philly has no real problem knocking most of our players of the puck.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Why did everyone just stand back and let the puck get into our zone like that?

Our expectations of Engblom are engblomatic (get on my level) of our expectations of the team so far. We are expecting a team who went deep into the playoffs to look as sharp as we did 100 games into the season but in reality we are a new team finding an identity -- much like Engblom in his new role.

For a team that plays at such a high level which requires precision and timing, the beginning of the season will probably be rough around the edges.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad